Methodist Homes (MHA)
Happiness score is 58 out of 100

Methodist Homes (MHA) Employee Reviews

United Kingdom384 reviews

carersresidentlovelycarerinductionrotastaffsenior

Highly rewarding, challenging and person centred, really make a difference

Featured review

Methodist Homes (MHA) selected this as a representative review
I feel like I'm valued at MHA, ive had many opportunities to speak with area manager and regional manager and even met the CEO, MHA are my second family, I love my job

Pros

Free lunch, support

Cons

Challenging at times as in any care industry

29 December 2021
Thanks for sharing such a positive example of how colleagues are living MHA’s Values.

Fast passed, friendly

I have been a care assistant at MHA Stratton house for the last 6 months and have so far loved my time there. The management are welcoming and friendly, they give ample learning opportunities and are always offering extra training to support you in your job role. The job is stressful and tiring but with brilliant teams it can make your shifts worthwhile and always leave with a smile.

Pros

Training provided

Cons

Insights into Methodist Homes (MHA)

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Stratton House is Productive, supportive, Caring place to work

Since working at Stratton House over 11 years ago now, I have found MHA an excellent company to work for. Stratton House is a friendly supportive place to work giving high quality care to all the residents. All staff receive full inductions covering all aspects of the role and are assigned training course to help develop skill and knowledge. Qualifications are offered to anyone wishing to further advance their Career. In Stratton House the senior management have all been promoted from within the Home showing MHA values it’s staff and are prepared to invest in them. I have now been here 11 years and not looking to go anywhere else.

Pros

Employee Assistance Service, Staff Benefits, MHA cares for you

Supportive

Since starting, I can only say good things about working at Stratton House. They have been really supportive throughout some tough times. The team feel like a 2nd family at times. The management team work to support both the residents and the team as a whole. The residents enjoys a large range of activities that staff and family* are encouraged to join in with (*not during covid) . If you want a team who are willing to go the extra mile this is the one.

Pros

Friendliness, supportive

Understaffed , stressful,

Home has gone downhill, only half full due to no staff! No support from management, most staff looking for other employment. Staff not listened to when reporting difficult working environment due to understaffed.

Pros

Residents

Cons

Understaffed, poor management

16 August 2022
We take your comments seriously and would like to gain a better understanding of your experience. Please email yvonne.wilkinson@mha.org.uk or call 01332 221816 for a confidential chat with our HR Team.

One of the best jobs I've ever had

Title of the review says it all.One of the best jobs I've ever worked, I would be begging to return to methodist given the chance. Everyone is looked after. It can be stressful sometimes but staff are amazing at working as a team.Worked right through covid and they done everything in their power to make everyone comfortable and reduce anxiety. They thrive on letting you take your own initiative and praise you if you do well with 1-1 reviews.They are not shy to tell you where you need to improve either with good feedback and offers of additional training.Was there 8-9 months and they were offering progression to senior carer and made me feel like I was good enough to do it too.

4 August 2022
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We really appreciate it!

A company with true values.

MHA promote dignity, respect and encourage all their employees to inspire. A company that genuinely cares about its main aim - to assist people to live later life well.

Pros

Competitive salary

4 August 2022
Thanks for sharing such a positive example of how MHA is living its Values. We really appreciate your feedback.

Poor leadership

A management team that spend more time outside vaping than doing any work. They’re often unapproachable and you’ll be lucky to get so much as a ‘hello’. They throw out threats of disciplinarians to staff and handle issues poorly. Bad work environment. Toxic atmosphere. Avoid at all cost.

A nice little home

I worked here for several months, it's one of the more decent homes I've worked in. Staffing is an issue and has been for the entirety I've worked here which can be stressful when you're trying to do your own job and help agency. There is just NO time to get the job done correctly and then you're penalised if things aren't done the way others want them to be. Work gossip is also an issue in this home. Pay is satisfactory and you get treated well by management.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Staffing issues, gossip

4 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. If you’d like to provide further details please email yvonne.wilkinson@mha.org.uk or call 01332 221816 for a confidential chat with our HR Team.

Excellent

Lower Johnshill is beautiful. Staff are warm, welcoming and hard working. Management are supportive and welcoming. You can see the residents are happy and very well looked after.

Horrible place to work

Manageress not approachable ,always short staffed and run by agency ,worked to the bone ,team leaders not nice days or nights ,treat staff awfull ,talk down to them ,a lot of favouritism

4 August 2022
We’re sorry to hear that your recent experience at MHA has not reflected our Values. We’d like to talk to you more about this, please email yvonne.wilkinson@mha.org.uk or call 01332 221816 for a confidential chat with our HR Team.

Fab place to work

Lovely people. Values throughout the company from the CEO cascading down. Genuinely nice people who care. We genuinely do support older people to live later life well. E support each other snd encourage colleague growth snd development

4 August 2022
Thanks for the feedback. This is a great example of how our colleagues live MHA’s Values and deliver our Mission to enable people to live later life well.

Passionate Care Provider

Working for MHA is the feeling of coming home, the warm welcome each and every day, the collaborative working with exceptional colleagues and the inspiring strive to push the boundaries and achieve more for the people who live and work with us. On joining MHA I was particularly impressed with the emphasis on nurturing wellbeing for all, this is an area which has been consistent and promotes work-life/home life balance. The Values of MHA are widely regarded and you can feel people actively incorporating them into working life. I have only one regret, that I didn’t join the MHA family earlier!

Ok company management problems

Seem good enough but changes are constantly made to cut costs and make them more money putting more strain on carers. Can be great if the work environment and management is good but I’ve worked multiple sites that had issues, beware if you want to feel valued and heard by your employer!! I burnt myself out trying to achieve these two after my colleagues started to struggle too.

Run

Management Belittle staff in Communion Areas. All long Standing Staff Have left , due to being Spoken to Like Dirt . Head Office Have Received Complaints and Chose to Ignore them . Due to Friendships Among Management.

Rewarding place to work

I started with Methodist Homes back in 2008. It was my first care job and I was so worried that I wouldn’t like it or that I’d made a mistake. I couldn’t have been more wrong. The staff at Cromwell House, in my opinion, are like my family. We support each other, we look after each other. The last couple of years in the care industry has been hard beyond imagination but we got through it together. I will never regret coming to work for MHA. I consider myself HOME. Would I recommend MHA to friends and family, YES.

Like a dream care home

Residents are actually out of their rooms and enjoy activities all day, we have plenty of staff and it's like a little family. Management are supportive of you and help you reach your goals in work as well as they always have an ear to lend if you need it about anything.

Brilliant place to work

Cromwell house is by far one of the best care jobs I have had. I feel very supported there, especially by management. The residents are all lovely, and I can’t recommend the home enough.

Pros

Good support, good team work

Not recommend

The company has a very bad way to resolve internal problems. Management will blame staff as a result of investigation to maintain their safety or reputation

Meh

Ineffective management, bullies from head office with unobtainable demands, lack of understanding of how difficult mentally and physically the job is. General lack of support when real issues are raised

Pros

Hard working staff

22 June 2022

Lovely run care home, great manager and all staff really helpful and hard working good work life balance residents well cared for and lots of different activities daily.

22 June 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Methodist Homes (MHA). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement