Metroline Bus Company

Working at Metroline Bus Company: 18 Reviews

United Kingdom18 reviews

not a bad place to work

overall it's not a bad place to work, depending on the management of course but colleagues are great in general, the only downside is that you have to work for your money...

Metroline Willesden Junction

Unfortunately I was transferred to different company but I really enjoyed every day working with lads.I had pleasure to meet very good staff. Front counter and allocation staff.

Pros

Losing routes

Cons

Salary not competitive

Insights into Metroline Bus Company

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Management and management

Metrolines training department, is next to none, what puts metroline down is once you go to garage, there is no continuity of professionalism once in garage and it's here were most drivers are either pushed out/sacked or resign, it Is a pity as in my experience, I was proud to be a metroline bus driver, but the garage I was sent to did not respect their female drivers.

Good colleague poor bus maintenance,pay and management

If you want air conditioning working on the bus in summer, this is not the job for you. Sometimes, the heating is not working in winter. Air conditioning and heating should be working as intended. Some buses on some routes are really not road worthy. There is no life balance. Pay is good enough for a single person. If you have to support a family, you won’t save a penny.

Pros

Free travel pass but not while network

Cons

Poor management

Loved working alone, with all the back up I needed.

Excellent job, Excellent pay, need time to adjust to working time patterns but soon we’ll handled especially with long weekend rest days, get so happy with praise by passengers so much by the elderly, my number one target was looking after my passengers and reaching my time table on time, felt in secure on certain officials who made you feel so low for no reason at all but some made you feel so good, reporting them came to no change, but I loved being out there fulfilling my targets being my own boss and following the rules, still to this day I miss the job.

Pros

No free lunches

Cons

It can be fun meeting people

You meet lots of different people some days are good and not so good but you get on with the job you do need social skills and it depends on you as a person.you love or hate it but it was a great experience.

Pros

No free lunch free bus pass good pension

Cons

Some long hours

Composive

Working at different times, but satisfying. Team work on different lines.Very pleased to be able to properly handle the passengers.Always ready to work - problem free

Pros

Short brakes

Cons

drive, drive and drive

Managers are very rooted

I work there's short time manager are bad treat with drivers not helpful controllers are pushing you forcing to work extra job pay is good more than others companies but again trainers are extremely root management uppers level very bad specially oxbridge Garage is one of the worst

Pros

Not

Cons

Mix

It was a good experience

A typical day at work consisted of checking the bus making sure everything was ok and heading out on the road dealing with passengers on 12 different routes i had learnt in the seven months I was employed at the company. I learned how to be patient with difficult customers. The atmosphere was mostly energetic, my fellow coworkers were friendly and I was under pressure to ensure I was on time time

Pros

Meeting new people and

Cons

Dealing with rude disrespectful passengers

Terrible

Long hours no work or LIFE BALANCE, Wages are good..but not worth the stress that comes with it. Bad management that dont chase up problems.. quite clicky

Pros

Good wages

Cons

Good salary but not great work/life balance

Driving for Metroline has it's ups and downs, a typical day would consist of driving a set route 3-4 times a day, sometimes more depending on the route. The wage is good, however the work/home life balance is very much unbalanced. This job would be good for those without a family, however those with families will suffer as drivers are often on the road at very unsociable hours.

Pros

Good wage, Free travel

Cons

Long hours, bad work/home life balance

Modern day slavery

The company thinks they own you because you work for them They consistently put you under immense pressure for no good reason.The management call you in for disciplinary for everything.

Pros

Cons

Constant stress

Very involved environment. Bus Garages become very involving.

I have worked for three different Bus Operators over 10 plus years now. Each operatoring within Transport for London’s guildlines and stipulations. Moving with the Operators as changes occur and will continue to allow for the Industry to develop and improve. Also, developing my Person Interaction Skills with the Public. Learning to understand and acknowledge that each Individual may require different levels of assistance or patience. In my 10 plus years of London Bus Driving , I also believe that Driving Saftey is of the upmost importance now, as the roads we drive are changing and become more challenging, in many different ways. When I was training, someone adviced me, “ nothing more precious, than Human Cargo.” So true.......

Pros

Weekly pay. Metroline perks website. Very good Garage Union Rep

Cons

Cold winter starts....

Fun workplace

Metroline is a very good company and fun to work for the staff are very friendly and helpful the shift work is good and the holiday is good thank you.

Pros

Free travel

Cons

Good place to work, and good friends to have around.

In my experience it was fun very productive, you get to be very reponsible perfect time keeping.also the company is has some internal problen but nothing big over all good place to work.

Pros

Prestigious company

Cons

Difficult to get over time.

Good job

I work FOR metroline about 1 year and i have a Good Time there .i am a Serious person and i Like to tack whit people .i Want to work again to a compani

Fun, Enjoyable

My day would start early which I prefer starting my day by clocking in and collecting my duty card from the allocator which would then give me the information I need to plan my day such as which bus, route, traffic management; my workplace as a whole was welcoming and caring everyone is ready to help which made it really want to go the extra mile as an employee

Pros

concession on the transport sysem in london

Cons

shift work

yes it was fun to work for metroline

i was really happy working for metroline all this years ,till the change come along ,the holidays became rendom i can not plan a holiday with my familly and also you can not swap with anyone,that was the only reason i left.

Pros

no free lunch

Cons

8 hours till 10 hours shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metroline Bus Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement