Metroline

Metroline Employee Reviews

Not a bad company. TFL is the customer. Company moving forward with electric and hydrogen. You gotta know the industry and be prepared for the unknown. Lots of good employees to work with.
Pros
Oyster card
Cons
Being moved about
Making new friends having fun not just a job in my book at Leave due to sickness the only down I say was the long hours.
Pros
Pay was good people that work in Potters bar bus Garage
Cons
A typical day is more-less like at other garages. You won't learn much, management's answer is usually "no" , or they just forget about the drivers when they need sg. When you need to sort anything, they disappear or just refuse to help. Attitude from the company is always blame the drivers, and put anything possible against them. Workplace culture, there's no such thing really. Generally in the metrolne garages the management makes more problems, than passengers, traffic, and everything else altogether. Particularly in circklwd. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you resign and forget them forever.
Pros
Free Christmas lunch 1x a year, if you request it, and you are free on 17 or18 December between 12.00 and 17.00 ..
Cons
Since i had worked there, every year sg got worse, routes, garage, no more drivers parking, management attitude, etc
A stressful management and very stupid rules... that they make with your head and you drive very stressful you need to kiss all the passengers in the... . because if you don't smile they make reports to you and u will have written warning ..or if you drive with 23 and you have a portion with 20 they will give you final warning .And a very BIG stressful is GREEN ROAD ... that is not corect calibrated ..
No support from management at all. No safety in the bus due to passengers boarding and are not willing to pay.Road incidents toilet issues no canteen on some duty had to eat food on the street mostly in the cold
Problem is management, if you don’t give drinks to them , they will give you bad jobs all the time and no overtime, this is Holloway Road garage, thnx
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
Very friendly depot at Kings Cross enjoyed my time there. Pay was good also good working conditions. As bus drivers we liked to moan but management is what it is across the industry. I have worked for First, Go Ahead and in my opinion Metroline KC was the best of the 6 depots i worked in.
Pros
Good pay and conditions.
Cons
None for me.
Avoid,avoid,avoid managers treat you like dirt. Long hours you have yo work 3 Saturdays and 3 Sundays per month. You can't even decide when you can take your holiday.
Pros
Extremely long hours
Cons
No life.
Very good company to work with, well organised. Management and all the coligues are very helpful. Only in the beginning you need to work all the shifts e.g. early, middle and late shifts.
dos en matter by know my opinion on felt betrayed by them. I was dismiss by a minor in incident .No damages;no one died none got injuries. Once a person passed 10 years driven for them they changed the game taken the bully site.
l will recommend Metroline to anyone who is interested to work with the company. The people are friendly and they are always ready to help. As a Bus driver you always meet different people and you have to be ready to help them who are indeed of help.
Nonstop busy all day going from ken rise to mill hill passengers are so ungrateful . Kids are rude if you can’t handle abuse don’t taa a me the job otherwise very exciting
Relaxing working and excellent environment. The co-workers were friendly and willing to help at anytime.Working with Metroline you have peaceful mind.
Training was first class by the actual bus training staff but in the classroom they sell you a dream of earning a good salary which is untrue. You have to be at the bus garage for 5 years before you earn a decent wage for all the long unsocial hours. Sometimes you will be working 7 days plus and take home €365 a week! Terrible job.
By all means find another bus company .. worked at holloway and felt like I was going school treat u like a child disgusting staff attitudes they should be ashamed of themselves
I drove buses for almost ten years, it’s definitely got worse over the years. I enjoyed driving but the rest of the job was awful and very stressful. The hours are very long and unsociable, forget having a life! The money was okay but not worth the stress! You’re not appreciated and management were awful and unsupportive. Not a good company to work for.
Training was great, 1st classed even.. they will sell you the dream (of being a bus driver earning big money) but its lies lies lies...GOD HELP YOU when u get to garage, nothing but bullying, racism, stress..you will end up with mental health problems if you work for this company ,probably any london bus company. I had more abuse from i-bus (controller s) than I ever had from members of the public. And let me tell you
Cons
I only worked at holloway bus garage for about 18 months.It was my own choice to leave! But the time i was employed there,i enjoyed very much! The management were fine as long as you got on with your duties! If i ever went back to driving buses in london,holloway would be the first garage i would approach.
As a Bus Driver you are responsible for everything! Company has a rules that make them excuse for everything what could happen to you . While on training, you will listen and learn how everything is well organised and how it will works. But in real life , nothing works. It is only on YOU! arrogant management, lazy engineers, poor maintained buses, rude travelers- passengers, cheeky teenagers, students, Driver has no respect.Nobody from public will defend you when needed . Signing for this job means =lost your dignity. My advise: forget this job opportunity. Life behind Metroline is pace full, people behave better, shinny day.
It's a great company to work for what you have to have is a lot of patience and watch out for the comedians who will wait for you to buy them tea he he.
I have been studying in order to change my career but overall the company is okey for bus drivers however, the company has been changing. I do not want myself to work as a bus driver anymore.
  1. Employee reviews