Metropolitan Thames Valley logo

Work-life balance

Productivity

Featured review

Metropolitan Thames Valley selected this as a representative review
My daily task is very challenging and interesting .The culture of the organisation is excellent ,with a servant leadership management style. The most enjoying part of my joy is encouraging and motivation my clients to realise their potential and change for better, and the hardest part is when my clients are relapsing and losing the/their target

Not The Best Place To Work

Management is shoddy. No advancement in certain roles, poor office culture. Not much diversity in the offices, sort of an old mans friend club. It's easy to get in if you know someone high up. Not a very staff friendly environment

Alright place to work

Working was on a shift pattern, management were nice and helpful at times, however very busy and you're not actually given time to help customers who really need it as a lot of focus on stats. Also annoying when there were obvious ways to resolve customer issues but miscommunication from staff (from both this company and companies working alongside) made simple issues worse than they needed to be

Pros

Other colleagues, weekly pay

Cons

short breaks, massive amounts of miscommunication

So supportive

I can’t get over have amazing the MTVH- Nottingham team have been they’re extremely supportive and super helpful. Nothing is ever too much to ask for. I’m dyslexic and once I’d informed them about this they had got me booked in for a screening for software support. AMAZING can’t express how brilliant they are!

An integrated and effective Housing provider that work

A very collaborative and informed place to work, staff are really hardworking but do not appear stressed or overworked, this I believe is a result of integration of the management, technical and social subsystem resulting in organizational effectiveness, which in turn creates a relaxed internal environment that's positively appreciated by the users of the service and the public in general. Lennon Burton

Pros

Great team working, staff encouraged to collaborate with each other

Cons

probably need to be in closer touch with vulnerable tenants

The work was fun

Despite the actual work being fun, there was very little in the way of support for the workers from the management. Now the working environment has changed there was no security in the job.

Pros

Relaxed

Cons

Lack of support from the management

Awful place

I was working in Finance, the worse company I have ever worked for. Aggressive and rude people, a manager who is only interested in himself and has zero management skills and only knows how to bark orders.I must have worked for more than 10 companies and this one is by far the worse of the list.

Pros

n/a

Cons

aggressive people, pathetic IT systems

New HR/Payroll Ruined Everything

I originally worked with this company back in 2015 to 2017 the reason for leaving was the severe increase in caseload and low pay (it can get on top of you at times) But that was it. When returning in 2019 - It became a nightmare, the pay was pretty much wrong every month, on my first week I had no computer access - There apparently had been a new HR/Payroll team that had been put in place that was making our lives so difficult like our job wasn't demanding enough. And to top it off they have basically stole money from me, awful pay for such a demanding and rewarding job!

Terrible company to work for

The company is a total shambles supervisors and tenants are scumbags and threaten there staff it is one of the worst working enviroments in london and they sack people without reason there was also drug dealings going on within the business and managers did nothing about it i wouldnt waste your time working in a disgusting enviroment whenthey feel like they just want to get rid of someone

Fun Workplace

Enter daily activities on the Outlook Calendar, personal dairy, write on white board daily visits. Check email and respond accordingly. Discuss difficult cases with manager and colleagues when appropriate. Take referrals on the phone and allocate accordingly. Parking is the most hardest part of the job. Most of the area has perking permit. The most enjoyable part of the job is working as part of the team. Share knowledge.

Jobs at Metropolitan Thames Valley

See more jobs

The Nottingham Thames Valley supported living is a lovely place to work for.

Although there is lots of training some will add to your experience and further your career so you are easily enable to move into another area of work within MTV. GREAT PLACE to work if you would like to move up the ladder. Managers are very understanding.

Company has good benefits.

Although they pay the living wage rate for their care and support workers there are a number of benefits that make up for this basic salary. There's always plenty of work and extensive training opportunities.

Stressful, full of drama

The company is a mess at the moment and there is no good management in some departments, untrained workers got promoted to management with no experience and treated the work place as a chat place and making friends place, no one really cared about the residents like I would expect so. Would not recommend to work there even to my worst enemy.

They don't care about your well being

Unfortunately, they are more interested in saving money than providing good service to their residents and their staff, they'd try to spend as little money as possible even if your life is on the line i. e. anti social residents.

Pros

Cons

Little pay, useless management, your well being, health and safety is disregarded

Friendly and flexible workplace

If you like housing, like people, and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues and stakeholders than MTVH is the employer for you! Depending on the department you work in, the atmosphere is usually fairly relaxed and colleagues can be very helpful. Staff stay at MTVH for years which is a good sign. There us some flexibility to move around and apply to work in other departments but with other organisations it is sometimes a case of 'who you know' as opposed to 'what you know'.

Pros

Flexible working is encouraged

Cons

Agile working is not always favourable depending on the department you work in

My review

Nice place to start your working career with. Was hard work but can be a mice place to work. If you would like to move into this field of work should study nvq 3 first.

Thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Metropolitan

After accepting the post HR were a little slow to process my application and dbs but after my new manager spoke to them it happened within 2 weeks. Training in London is abit if an issue if you’re working in the Essex areas. On the whole I enjoyed working for Metropolitan.

Fun Workplace

Great staff and place to work well paid and easy going. Ongoing training and advantages to advance , great benefits , 28 days leave plus bank holidays and a bonus day at Christmas also can buy and sell leave.

Pros

too many to list

Cons

Central London location hence why I am leaving

n/a

From my first day, I was made to feel like a part of the team. The systems were a little slow but once I got used to them I was fine. I received a great deal of support from my line manager which made my time a lot easier while I was there.

Income Officer

Friendly team Management supportive Flexible with swapping days Duvet days offered fuddle days for Christmas amazing Christmas parties lots of progression with working with management

Avoid

Avoid like the plague. This company operates on favouritism, if your face fits or you are friends with the person hiring you will go far. If not, you stand no chance. The pay is below average and the work life balance is non existent. No allowance is given to those who have family and caring commitments even if you work the extra hours or even through your lunch unreasonable demands are made

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metropolitan Thames Valley. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement