Metropolitan Thames Valley

housingorganisationrolerepairsupportstaffteamoffice

Productivity

Featured review

Metropolitan Thames Valley selected this as a representative review
My daily task is very challenging and interesting .The culture of the organisation is excellent ,with a servant leadership management style. The most enjoying part of my joy is encouraging and motivation my clients to realise their potential and change for better, and the hardest part is when my clients are relapsing and losing the/their target

Cons

They are very good at team work

Very good company to recommend to any employee looking for jobs, am always happy to go to work, The Team Leader is very passionate and a good leadership as well. The staff are kind, even the Customers are interactive with staff, we are working together as a team in the best interest of the individual and the company.

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

Yes, long hours sometimes

Insights into Metropolitan Thames Valley

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Energising work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness

Care sector of MTVH - best workplace ever

It didn't feel like a job at all. A nice mixture of hands on support in peoples' homes and paperwork that needed to be completed at the office. The manager couldn't have been more supportive and accommodating. The team was excellent. The salary wasn't the greatest, though. I had to leave due to relocating.

Productive and fun work place, good location

I enjoyed the job, friendly and helpful colleagues. I enjoyed communicating with tenants and helping them solve problems.Good modern facilities. Good location.

Fun place to work but very results so need to be on top of your game all the time

I went into Metropolitan Thames valley for an initial 3 months contract and ended up staying in same role for just over 2 years. MTVH has a culture that appreciates input if its staff.

Pros

self Developmental opportunities

Cons

very Busy and very result driven.

easy going, easy work

I worked for the metropolitan connect team, we wasn't treated very well by the main company as we were funded by Nottinghamshire County Council. low pay but wasn't hard work.

Stressful

Managers don’t support, doesn’t work well if you have children. Most of the problems and calls we get are due to metropolitans mistakes or universal credits.Good pay 25k and loads of annual leave, income officer was very stressful.

Pros

Hybrid work from home, café on site.

Cons

Managers micro manager. Not supportive with people who have children

Good fun

Good place to work room for progression staff are lovely. Good annual leave and flexibility. Good pay rise we have just had too. I enjoy it here a lot

Good place to start a career

Interesting place to work with different challenges everyday.Really rewarding as you get to hel and make a difference. Great facilities as now MTVH has moved into a newer builfin in Beeston.

Pros

Excellent Facilities

Culture needed a change of direction

Not the best place to work - a lot of management with little leadership also lack of ownership and clarity over roles and chain of authority - many in house back biting and overall bad feeling with staff in many departments which could have been handled better - discrimination, alongside bad practices being allowed and promoted - was exited to start the role - glad when I left

You feel appreciated

Lovely place to work where you feel appreciated and fulfilled. Manager is lovely at the Camberwell branch and really cares about his job. Residents are lovely also

Good working environment

I can only recommend to work at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing as its culture support BME candidates. Try to provide support to your customer, as this is the core of the business.

Pros

Free coffe and tea

Cons

Travelbto Beeston

Relaxed workplace as long as you do your job correctly

I loved working there. Always learning new things about the job. Most of staff became good friends. But there's always one what doesn't fit. Management was good. Worst thing l didn't like staff meetings Best part of job was the satisfaction of helping the person l was looking after

Pros

Good workplace

Bullying team leaders - Excellent colleagues

Having worked for MTV in housing repairs, I found the job interesting with excellent support from colleagues. Calls were not difficult, in fact, most of the calls I took were pleasant. Reasons why I left? Some Team Leaders (TL) treated staff with utter contempt, rudeness and occasionally intimidated staff about their jobs. I also found it unacceptable for a TL to discuss in an open office with another TL about a member of staff. If you managed to get with a good team leader, great! If you ended up with an incompetent team leader with no management or people skills or emotional intelligence, you are doomed. Personally, I would go back to MTV if I was assured Team Leaders would be held accountable for their bullying management.

Pros

Colleague support and some excellent TL's

Cons

Individual TL's who think bullying is a way of gaining respect.

No room for progression and bad management

I work for MetWorks and the management are unprofessional, disrespectful and bullies. They definitely need to be trained in confidentiality, I’ve seen so many rules being broken but I cannot say anything because your job is on the line if you do.

Pros

Money is ok

Cons

Bullying from management

An interpersonal yet stressful and disorganised place of work

Working at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing has definitely taught me some valuable skills; dealing with difficult customers in different ways, managing stress properly, basic planning skills, simplifying technical jargon and hardware technical support. However, the overall experience has been a negative one. Training at the start of your career in the Property Desk is given in great detail and you are taught a tremendous amount in the first week of you being there in succinct, easy to digest points. However, once you've left training and you're on the phones, be prepared to be left on your own with feedback on your works orders and calls unless higher management is in the office. Salary is automatically set at £18,207 per annum. Don't expect any raises, commission or bonus schemes to be added into the pay package. However, they do offer a generous amount of paid annual leave and overtime opportunities.Staff members are friendly and make great, supportive colleagues.Although the company offers well-being support due to the nature of the job, when experienced with stressful calls, situations etc you are merely told to "suck it up, this is the job that you went for in the first place."Communication within departments is practically non-existent - you are left waiting months for a response to a simple request/question, which leads to repeat calls and longer delays when dealing with repairs.On-going development and career progression is something that MTVH don't seem to like you doing on the property desk unless you are connected with someone within the business.  -

Pros

Generous Amount of Annual Leave, Overtime Opportunities, Friendly Colleagues

Cons

Communication, Long Hours, Lack of Support, Lack of Career Progression

Not The Best Place To Work

Management is shoddy. No advancement in certain roles, poor office culture. Not much diversity in the offices, sort of an old mans friend club. It's easy to get in if you know someone high up. Not a very staff friendly environment

Alright place to work

Working was on a shift pattern, management were nice and helpful at times, however very busy and you're not actually given time to help customers who really need it as a lot of focus on stats. Also annoying when there were obvious ways to resolve customer issues but miscommunication from staff (from both this company and companies working alongside) made simple issues worse than they needed to be

Pros

Other colleagues, weekly pay

Cons

short breaks, massive amounts of miscommunication

So supportive

I can’t get over have amazing the MTVH- Nottingham team have been they’re extremely supportive and super helpful. Nothing is ever too much to ask for. I’m dyslexic and once I’d informed them about this they had got me booked in for a screening for software support. AMAZING can’t express how brilliant they are!

An integrated and effective Housing provider that work

A very collaborative and informed place to work, staff are really hardworking but do not appear stressed or overworked, this I believe is a result of integration of the management, technical and social subsystem resulting in organizational effectiveness, which in turn creates a relaxed internal environment that's positively appreciated by the users of the service and the public in general. Lennon Burton

Pros

Great team working, staff encouraged to collaborate with each other

Cons

probably need to be in closer touch with vulnerable tenants

The work was fun

Despite the actual work being fun, there was very little in the way of support for the workers from the management. Now the working environment has changed there was no security in the job.

Pros

Relaxed

Cons

Lack of support from the management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metropolitan Thames Valley. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement