Michael Dyson Associates Ltd

Michael Dyson Associates Ltd Pay & benefits reviews

United Kingdom12 reviews

Clear
3.5Pay & benefits

"An excellent practice offering career development in a professional environment."

After undertaking a 14 month undergraduate placement period I returned back to MDA after being sponsored through my final year of university. Surrounded by a wealth of experience and knowledge from other colleagues, my industry knowledge and technical ability has developed substantially throughout my employment. I am continually pushed (positively) to perform to the best of my professional abilities and am offered continued training for me to attain my accreditation, MCIAT. MDA frequently appraise employee's personal performance and set out an individual progression plan in which certain competency targets are set in order to progress within the company. In a short period of time thus far, I have gained invaluable construction and industry knowledge which will benefit me for my career ahead. Good personal time management skills are crucial to manage workloads to ensure deadlines are achieved. My only criticism of MDA at present is the heavy workloads put on each discipline, however, the nature of the industry is the sale of time to provide a professional service, therefore it is expected in a profession such as architecture; this also further assists in developing personal management and individual performance. I would highly recommend employment at Michael Dyson Associates and see it as an excellent place of work with modern offices, a pleasant working environment and regular social events paid for by the company.

Pros

Knowledgable colleagues provide excellent training and support

Cons

Heavy workloads

Fantastic workplace and a great team

I have now been at Michael Dyson Associates over two years and have nothing but praise for the company. We have a great working environment with a pro active supportive management structure. We are always encouraged to further our training and increase our qualifications which makes a refreshing change. All in all a great place to work.

Pros

Great working environment with a good team. Encouragement to advance your career

Cons

No real issues

Hard work and commitment is recognised

The location of the company (Huddersfield) means that Nationwide travel is required to attend the various sites around the UK where the projects are. This does mean early starts, late finishes and overnight stays; however the latter does result in an overnight ££ allowance being given.The team I work within is friendly and supportive with the majority of the team having worked at MDA for over 6 years; many of the others are returning graduates following an undergraduate placement in previous years.The head of my team is knowledgeable, approachable and helpful with all staff and all aspects of the work.Being an SME means the management team are hands-on and always happy to speak with staff directly regardless of their level or job role.Hard-work and commitment is expected but the company would not be as successful and profitable if this work-ethic was not in place.Salary and benefits are good and annual appraisals ensure all staff are aware of their goals and targets in order to progress.

Pros

Holiday allowance, Car Allowance/Company Car, Salary, Friendly Team Environment

Cons

Travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Dyson Associates Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Michael Dyson Associates Ltd Reviews by Location