Michael Kors

Michael Kors Employee Reviews

The work in Michael kors was fairly good and easy. Management was also good but would of loved it more if the pay for my experience was slightly higher
You have to look and dress a certain way. They expect far to much for its brand. The products are not worth the money you are trying to sell to customers. The sales targets are high and the expectations are unrealistic.
Official response from Michael Kors
11 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of Michael Kors, we will be sharing your feedback with the appropriate teams. -Michael Kors Human Resources
I worked at Michael kors for a couple of months as I was offered a temporary position. The first few weeks were great the team and manger were all very polite and helpful, I felt confident in what I was doing and felt like I was exceeding in the shop, the weeks to follow left me with a different opinion, more than one occasion I experienced the store managers rude manner when given instructions or criticism I feel like it could have been handled much better. Staff members would approach me to tell me they were upset and dreaded coming into work because of her actions. The space of a couple of months I worked there I witnessed a girl walk out crying as she quit a few weeks in and others spoken down to. By the end of my contract I had lost all confidence in what I was doing and was scared to put a foot out of line. If asked if this shop would be good to work in I’d say yes but definitely under poor management.
fun, relaxed, but more like a school playground than a job, bad pay, bad management, if there were plants to be inserted in micheal kors, a lot of associates and managers in charge of the store as a whole would get fired for all types of violations.
When working for a big company its important that everyone is supported and knows their roles to ensure work is done efficiently and to a high standard. This is defiantly not the case for the managers that do not lead by example and defer from responsibility.
My role was to manage the menswear concession in the one of the more outdated department stores still clinging on to dear life. I found it an impossible role trying to lease between the department store staff who stopped thinking in the 1970s and the MK staff who offered no help or guidance or training and none of which would ever agree on anything. The MK management where appalling offering no guidance or help and where even going out of there way to cause issues between myself and the department store including disclosing private information about me. This was my experience alone in a rather unique role and i cant speak for MK as a whole, but if your ever offered a job on MK menswear RUN FOR THE HILLS.
a great place to work with a fast paced competitive environment. great management. passion for customer service is key to work here. some days can be slow such as off peak trade but this is the best time to grow within the MK family and build relationships with your peers.
Working for Michael Kors was a great experience for me to get a better understanding of how to visually merchandise accordingly to seasons and new launches. It always gave me a better understanding of what KPIs are and how to go from my unit sale going from 1 to a 1.6
was always new and different tasks to do, no two days where the same. A new and exciting floor set frequently.where granted the ability to learn new aspects of the jobs daily from visual merchandising to stock rotation.
Team is very easy to get on with and management are helpful but friendly whilst doing so. The work load is not too much but also keeps you on your toes as the job revolves mainly on running bags for sales assistances.
Pros
Enjoyable work
Cons
Poor money
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Michael Kors?
When i first started it was best company to work for. We had great team and management and i literally couldn't wait to go to work. Work was hard but it was still fun. In 2016 it started to change and i guess greed took over to save on salaries and all good people started leaving company and they have been replaced by less qualified and not so great with people management at head office so they can pay them less than the previous employees. Staff was constantly changing because of that plus they were making your life a pain. Constantly coming up with new weird rules that made no sense. They opened up too many stores and made it common and no longer luxurious.
Pros
good holiday entitlement, pension
Cons
asked to do beyond your job description and no understanding staff
Supportive management, growing Internal promotions. Team building In depth training on a monthly basis Vast range of products to endorse and work with
A typical day would consist of opening up the store early where i would clean, back-stock, check deliveries, cash in tills, and make myself look presentable before opening hours. i would then greet customers, listen to what they need and want, and then advise them on products and merchandise. i learned how to tailor my approach to many different customers of varying backgrounds and cultures in order to provide them with the best customer service possible. management was fair and helpful in achieving daily, weekly and monthly targets. flexible with out of work activities and shift patterns, and very warm and friendly from my first day. the hardest part of the job was staying motivated and productive during quiet periods but i overcame this by focusing my attention on each and every customer that came into store and making sure i made that sale. the most enjoyable part of the job was working towards our set daily sales target and earning sales and commission for myself.
Pros
Discount & Comission
Cons
Wearing Heels standing up for long hour shifts
Working here was pretty great. The staff are extremely friendly and make sure to welcome all new members. There is definitely a big emphasis of team work, which makes the working environment more enjoyable (independence needed too!). If you are a confident person, who loves luxury retail and meeting new people, then this job would be perfect for you.
Pros
Great pay, good benefits
Cons
long hours, can become very competetive
It was a good experience to be part of Michael Kors team. The overall atmosphere was good and the discount was very attractive to be honest. The payment has always been on time with really good wages
There we had the opportunity to interact not only with the customer but also with work colleagues. Everyone had the same respect and attention. If we needed help with anything, management would always help.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Long travel
I worked part-time in an outlet in Portsmouth. The salary with commission is absolutely amazing. Management was very well trained and were able to motivate every single day. The work hours were also flexible around my studies.
The company itself is great to work for, however progression and management are another story. Constantly asking for more work to do and asking to take on extra responsibility. Its very clicky.
Pros
good salary
Cons
management
The company look after their employees well, lots of extra incentives and perks. Good commission. Nice working environment. Worked every weekend - but it is retail!
Michael Kors is currently the best retail brand i've worked for so far, i received a lot of responsibilities from this job therefore made me fall in love with the job even more. The team was amazing to work with.
Working at Michael Kors is a demanding but rewarding job, as everyone's roles helps improve the quality of work for all the other employees, creating a fun and comfortable working environment.
  1. Employee reviews