Michael Kors

Michael Kors: 4 Reviews in Manchester

Manchester4 reviews

Found 4 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,738 reviews
michaeltargetdiscountsalestorelongteamhigh

Ageist and don’t appreciate enthusiastic people

So I had a interview here not too long ago, which I excelled in and I received a invite back for a mock shift. I did really well in this shift even sold a handbag.I was enthusiastic promoted the company’s values embodied them too, I believe I made the customers very happy in their experience in the store as they were giving me praises uncalled for. I noticed the other workers weren’t so bothered about the company’s work environment none seemed happy at all which put me off to a certain degree. I was asked my age by one of the employees which I found absurd, as I had stated it on my job application and at the interview,so it came across very much ageist. So what I’m trying to get across by this is that don’t let anyones ageist comments dictate wether you can do something effectively, I was passionate and manifested making the store a better environment and I could’ve been the perfect sales assistant but this company/store did not see past my age.The ethos of this store is not there !!! Gave a depressing aura too.

Pros

Cons

As stated in my description

Awful Experience

My role was to manage the menswear concession in the one of the more outdated department stores still clinging on to dear life. I found it an impossible role trying to lease between the department store staff who stopped thinking in the 1970s and the MK staff who offered no help or guidance or training and none of which would ever agree on anything. The MK management where appalling offering no guidance or help and where even going out of there way to cause issues between myself and the department store including disclosing private information about me. This was my experience alone in a rather unique role and i cant speak for MK as a whole, but if your ever offered a job on MK menswear RUN FOR THE HILLS.

Insights into Michael Kors

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things

Fast paced, challenging environment

Typical day at work includes going over Company Directives ensuring the store is to Company standards. Analysing reports to see profits and money map the store, train staff on new products etc.

Pros

Healthcare benefits

Cons

heavy work loads

Productive and fun company to work fo

MK was a good company to gain experience in all aspects of the business. You have a certain control over your concession and run it as your own business. You always have support and constant contact with head office. The only problem I found was the challenge in moving up despite outperforming targets constanlty and really developing the brand in a new market.

Pros

large and challenging job roles

Cons

difficulty to progressample: Long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Kors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement