Michael Kors logo
Michael Kors

Michael Kors Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Found 12 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,629 reviews

A good company to work for

The work in Michael kors was fairly good and easy. Management was also good but would of loved it more if the pay for my experience was slightly higher

temp position

I worked at Michael kors for a couple of months as I was offered a temporary position. The first few weeks were great the team and manger were all very polite and helpful, I felt confident in what I was doing and felt like I was exceeding in the shop, the weeks to follow left me with a different opinion, more than one occasion I experienced the store managers rude manner when given instructions or criticism I feel like it could have been handled much better. Staff members would approach me to tell me they were upset and dreaded coming into work because of her actions. The space of a couple of months I worked there I witnessed a girl walk out crying as she quit a few weeks in and others spoken down to. By the end of my contract I had lost all confidence in what I was doing and was scared to put a foot out of line. If asked if this shop would be good to work in I’d say yes but definitely under poor management.

fun, stressful

fun, relaxed, but more like a school playground than a job, bad pay, bad management, if there were plants to be inserted in micheal kors, a lot of associates and managers in charge of the store as a whole would get fired for all types of violations.

Fun Work place

There we had the opportunity to interact not only with the customer but also with work colleagues. Everyone had the same respect and attention. If we needed help with anything, management would always help.

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

Long travel

Wonderful!

Absolute dream to work here. They really challenge what it is to be a designer brand, and treat everyone who walks in to the store with the utmost respect and friendliness. You really must be confident in talking to anyone as the main part of the job is approaching all customers. If you are timid/ shy this really isn't the job for you. The managers were wonderful in helping all the new staff come out their shell and super friendly. Duties include: Personal customer service Fitting room service Getting things out the stockroom/ filling bags Tills adjusting watches Recovery of the shop floor -although usually its tidy anyways The hardest part of the Job was probably running around in platform heels all day, your feet will suffer. In all honesty this is the best job I have ever had, I never wanted to leave at the end of my shift and I would always start early because I wanted to be out on the shop floor.

Pros

Commission on top of a good wage

Cons

Shoes d:

Very productive and luxurious environment

Working in Michale Kors, as a Christmas temp really helped me gain exellent communication skills, and it slo helped me develop better team working skills. It was my first job ever, and I must admmit when I left I felt a lot more mature and responsible, next thing I started doing was applying to other jobs, to gain different experiences.

Pros

Generous staff discount, and long lunches

Working for Michael Kors

Michael Kors was a great place to work, they had loads of initiative schemes for staff and working for commission was always an excellent way to motivate yourself and surpass you sales targets. I learnt a lot about customer service, sales techniques, their business and values and much more. The management were great and very supportive. The hardest part of the job was staying motivated when the shop was very quiet. The most enjoyable part was helping customers find exactly what they were looking for.

Pros

Uniform and Comission scheme

Cons

uncomforatble shoes

Demanding but rewarding

The job keeps you on your toes but as long as you're good with people, you won't have any problems. The job is pretty flexible in the sense that my managers allow me to balance my education and job by only making me work on days I'm available.

A lot of pressure, but good salary

The workplace is fast paced and very demanding. Individual sales target raises competition among co-workers - as sales associates are paid commission on sales. The management puts the team under pressure to achieve goals. Overall, the company is very well organized and delivers excellent trainings. Unfortunately it requires sales team to wear high heels. The salary is very good.

Pros

Good training provided

Cons

High heels are compulsory

It was a very good atmosphere, very friendly meeting some lovely people while spending time with them working with there wants and neees. It was a good work experience to prepare me for you future work.

Jobs at Michael Kors

Sales Assistant positions
See more jobs

Sociable But Quiet

A typical day at Michael Kors is different to any other retail enviroment I have known. Giving the best quality of customer service you can give to all of the public is very important. The hardest part about being in this job is the high sales targets on a quiet day...however this does not make the job any less fun. The best part of the job is the relationship building with customers and making sales that you will never forget.

Pros

Healthcare benefits

Cons

Retail Hours

Challenging, Fun, Interesting

Customer service can be difficult at times however you develop your own personal style when approaching and assisting customers. It is interesting meeting people from all over the world and helping them with fashion decisions.

Pros

Product Knowledge, diverse selection of customers

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Kors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement