Michael Kors

Sales Assistant16 reviews
United Kingdom16 reviews

Found 16 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,739 reviews
michaeltargetdiscountsalestorelongteamhigh

A good company to work for

The work in Michael kors was fairly good and easy. Management was also good but would of loved it more if the pay for my experience was slightly higher

Fast paced, amazing management good pay

Michael Kors in the York branch was an amazing place to work as the people were all encouraging and fun. Everyone wants each other to do well and there are really good discounts and bonuses.

Pros

Discounts in other stores in the outlet

Cons

Sometimes stressful when busy

Insights into Michael Kors

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things

Pays really well, poor management and competitive environment.

Learned a lot about fashion and styling, lots of pressure about sales targets, lack of boundaries and lots of competition. Didn't feel close to anyone, just had to work and go home.

Pros

Discount and pay

Cons

Competition, management.

Ageist and don’t appreciate enthusiastic people

So I had a interview here not too long ago, which I excelled in and I received a invite back for a mock shift. I did really well in this shift even sold a handbag.I was enthusiastic promoted the company’s values embodied them too, I believe I made the customers very happy in their experience in the store as they were giving me praises uncalled for. I noticed the other workers weren’t so bothered about the company’s work environment none seemed happy at all which put me off to a certain degree. I was asked my age by one of the employees which I found absurd, as I had stated it on my job application and at the interview,so it came across very much ageist. So what I’m trying to get across by this is that don’t let anyones ageist comments dictate wether you can do something effectively, I was passionate and manifested making the store a better environment and I could’ve been the perfect sales assistant but this company/store did not see past my age.The ethos of this store is not there !!! Gave a depressing aura too.

Pros

Cons

As stated in my description

Great workplace

Such a great supportive team I currently work with, such an amazing adventure, and experience working here honestly couldn't fault anything with the company. Just amazing!

temp position

I worked at Michael kors for a couple of months as I was offered a temporary position. The first few weeks were great the team and manger were all very polite and helpful, I felt confident in what I was doing and felt like I was exceeding in the shop, the weeks to follow left me with a different opinion, more than one occasion I experienced the store managers rude manner when given instructions or criticism I feel like it could have been handled much better. Staff members would approach me to tell me they were upset and dreaded coming into work because of her actions. The space of a couple of months I worked there I witnessed a girl walk out crying as she quit a few weeks in and others spoken down to. By the end of my contract I had lost all confidence in what I was doing and was scared to put a foot out of line. If asked if this shop would be good to work in I’d say yes but definitely under poor management.

fun, stressful

fun, relaxed, but more like a school playground than a job, bad pay, bad management, if there were plants to be inserted in micheal kors, a lot of associates and managers in charge of the store as a whole would get fired for all types of violations.

Fun Work place

There we had the opportunity to interact not only with the customer but also with work colleagues. Everyone had the same respect and attention. If we needed help with anything, management would always help.

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

Long travel

Wonderful!

Absolute dream to work here. They really challenge what it is to be a designer brand, and treat everyone who walks in to the store with the utmost respect and friendliness. You really must be confident in talking to anyone as the main part of the job is approaching all customers. If you are timid/ shy this really isn't the job for you. The managers were wonderful in helping all the new staff come out their shell and super friendly. Duties include: Personal customer service Fitting room service Getting things out the stockroom/ filling bags Tills adjusting watches Recovery of the shop floor -although usually its tidy anyways The hardest part of the Job was probably running around in platform heels all day, your feet will suffer. In all honesty this is the best job I have ever had, I never wanted to leave at the end of my shift and I would always start early because I wanted to be out on the shop floor.

Pros

Commission on top of a good wage

Cons

Shoes d:

Very productive and luxurious environment

Working in Michale Kors, as a Christmas temp really helped me gain exellent communication skills, and it slo helped me develop better team working skills. It was my first job ever, and I must admmit when I left I felt a lot more mature and responsible, next thing I started doing was applying to other jobs, to gain different experiences.

Pros

Generous staff discount, and long lunches

Working for Michael Kors

Michael Kors was a great place to work, they had loads of initiative schemes for staff and working for commission was always an excellent way to motivate yourself and surpass you sales targets. I learnt a lot about customer service, sales techniques, their business and values and much more. The management were great and very supportive. The hardest part of the job was staying motivated when the shop was very quiet. The most enjoyable part was helping customers find exactly what they were looking for.

Pros

Uniform and Comission scheme

Cons

uncomforatble shoes

Demanding but rewarding

The job keeps you on your toes but as long as you're good with people, you won't have any problems. The job is pretty flexible in the sense that my managers allow me to balance my education and job by only making me work on days I'm available.

A lot of pressure, but good salary

The workplace is fast paced and very demanding. Individual sales target raises competition among co-workers - as sales associates are paid commission on sales. The management puts the team under pressure to achieve goals. Overall, the company is very well organized and delivers excellent trainings. Unfortunately it requires sales team to wear high heels. The salary is very good.

Pros

Good training provided

Cons

High heels are compulsory

It was a very good atmosphere, very friendly meeting some lovely people while spending time with them working with there wants and neees. It was a good work experience to prepare me for you future work.

Sociable But Quiet

A typical day at Michael Kors is different to any other retail enviroment I have known. Giving the best quality of customer service you can give to all of the public is very important. The hardest part about being in this job is the high sales targets on a quiet day...however this does not make the job any less fun. The best part of the job is the relationship building with customers and making sales that you will never forget.

Pros

Healthcare benefits

Cons

Retail Hours

Challenging, Fun, Interesting

Customer service can be difficult at times however you develop your own personal style when approaching and assisting customers. It is interesting meeting people from all over the world and helping them with fashion decisions.

Pros

Product Knowledge, diverse selection of customers

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Kors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Michael Kors with

• Michael Kors
  • Sales Assistant
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?