Michael Kors

United Kingdom17 reviews

Found 17 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,739 reviews
michaeltargetdiscountsalestorelongteamhigh

Not great not awful

Fine to work for but few things to note. I worked part time and I was told I’d be paid extra for overtime and was told it would be generous pay, turns out to be the same hourly pay for overtime, and I did at least 5 hours overtime weekly with the knowledge of thinking I’d be paid extra, only found out when I got my payslip. Quite a lot of micromanaging from other people who are same level. Supervisors can be off if you call in sick, despite being told you’d be sent home if you’re sick. No break after 5 hours standing on your feet, are allowed water though. Get told of if you clock in a few mins before shift- shady. Have to wear the outfit they provide which to curvier women doesn’t look flattering and knocks your confidence having to approach customers. Get underestimated a lot (I felt). The pricing and promotions are a mouthful to tell customers, as it’s often select things, rather than other stores which just do 20% everything (for example). Don’t get trained if it’s your first time even, just tell you how to do it and expect you to know it all, I was put on the shop floor on my second day with no product knowledge given. I think should’ve been paid more for the fast paced environment it is and only 1% commission!

The is little room for progression unless really worked for beyond that the company has amazing management and a lovely, comfortable setting.The staff are incredible kind and considerate especially to new staff.

Pros

Lovely staff

Insights into Michael Kors

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things

fun, competetive, family

a great place to work with a fast paced competitive environment. great management. passion for customer service is key to work here. some days can be slow such as off peak trade but this is the best time to grow within the MK family and build relationships with your peers.

Nice place to work

Supportive management, growing Internal promotions. Team building In depth training on a monthly basis Vast range of products to endorse and work with

Michael Kors Review

A typical day would consist of opening up the store early where i would clean, back-stock, check deliveries, cash in tills, and make myself look presentable before opening hours. i would then greet customers, listen to what they need and want, and then advise them on products and merchandise. i learned how to tailor my approach to many different customers of varying backgrounds and cultures in order to provide them with the best customer service possible. management was fair and helpful in achieving daily, weekly and monthly targets. flexible with out of work activities and shift patterns, and very warm and friendly from my first day. the hardest part of the job was staying motivated and productive during quiet periods but i overcame this by focusing my attention on each and every customer that came into store and making sure i made that sale. the most enjoyable part of the job was working towards our set daily sales target and earning sales and commission for myself.

Pros

Discount & Comission

Cons

Wearing Heels standing up for long hour shifts

Not bad

It was a good experience to be part of Michael Kors team. The overall atmosphere was good and the discount was very attractive to be honest. The payment has always been on time with really good wages

Absolutely amazing place to work in.

I worked part-time in an outlet in Portsmouth. The salary with commission is absolutely amazing. Management was very well trained and were able to motivate every single day. The work hours were also flexible around my studies.

Demanding Workplace

The managers were very rude and swore frequently to employees and in front of customers. They made you do jobs that were not in your contract. The company required me to pay back my entire final pay cheque because I quit before finishing the month.

Pros

Commission

Official response from Michael Kors

2 January 2018
We appreciate the time you took to complete this review. We are sorry to hear about your experience, as it does not align with our core values. We will review your feedback and make any appropriate changes. For more details about Michael Kors values and culture, please visit our Careers site www.michaelkors.com/careers. - Michael Kors Human Resources

Fun and competetive place to work

Great place to work and in my experience, with lovely people. Opportunities to win competitions, especially around christmas time. Hardest part of the job is meeting sales targets on very quiet days.

Pros

Short shifts

Cons

Must wear heeled shoes at work

Friendly and profeccional workplace

Good company to work for. They offer health insurance and pension contribution scheme. Generous commission. Great product and management. Professional co-workers. Friendly environment.

tediuos

Tasks where tedious and very easy. Shifts where long and the hour unpaid lunch break made the day drag. However the staff discounts where generous and the pay was good for how easy the job was. typical day the shift would start at 9 and would finish at 6.

Pros

50 % staff discounts

Cons

long shifts

Great company to work for

Really good company to work for. Sale goals were sometimes crazy and not achievable as not every day is a busy day. Great co-workers and good atmosphere in store, however there's a big competition and when it comes to sale, people are fighting for customers and treating each other as rivals rather than friends.

Pros

good pay, discount

Cons

high heels, competition

I have grown a lot as a Sales Associate from working in the shop, its really a great place to work.

Didn't liked the environment

Work not acknowledged Non-friendly environment non realistic targets Long hours Heels all day

Pros

work for a luxury brand

Cons

non realistic targets

Productive and fun workplace

I am a self-motivated and enthusiastic candidate with excellent communication and IT skills. I am articulate and personable with the ability to work both on my own and as part of a team. I am ideally looking for a dynamic role, in a forward-thinking environment where I will have the opportunity to progress and develop. I have great attention to detail and a creative flair along with excellent experience which I hope to utilise in a future position.

Fun and challenging role

I used to sale to targets and always made sure I achieve them. I learned managerial skills.

competitive and money focussed work environment

You cant deny the amazingly generous discount that MK gives to its staff, on top of wardrobe and comission.The money part is rather good but i was only there for a temporary basis and this job required me every bit of energy to keep me going daily as it was very competitive.Not hitting the daily target meant being ignored by managers, if work colleagues did not like you they would cold bloodily steal clients away, especially during peak times when no one could hit their targets ..it meant WAR.As someone already mentioned, due to the need of hitting the Daily target, achieving the opposite would cause a chain reaction onto manager team, so they would talk about you behind back and all agree not to appreciate you.

Pros

free wardrobe, occasional free lunch, commission, good basic pay

Cons

competitive, incompetent and unprofessional manager team, pressurising

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Kors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Michael Kors with

• Michael Kors
  • Sales Associate
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?