Michael Kors

Michael Kors Culture reviews

Clear

Found 17 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,644 reviews

Not professional

When working for a big company its important that everyone is supported and knows their roles to ensure work is done efficiently and to a high standard. This is defiantly not the case for the managers that do not lead by example and defer from responsibility.

fun, competetive, family

a great place to work with a fast paced competitive environment. great management. passion for customer service is key to work here. some days can be slow such as off peak trade but this is the best time to grow within the MK family and build relationships with your peers.

Fun workplace

Team is very easy to get on with and management are helpful but friendly whilst doing so. The work load is not too much but also keeps you on your toes as the job revolves mainly on running bags for sales assistances.

Pros

Enjoyable work

Cons

Poor money

Nice place to work

Supportive management, growing Internal promotions. Team building In depth training on a monthly basis Vast range of products to endorse and work with

Michael Kors Review

A typical day would consist of opening up the store early where i would clean, back-stock, check deliveries, cash in tills, and make myself look presentable before opening hours. i would then greet customers, listen to what they need and want, and then advise them on products and merchandise. i learned how to tailor my approach to many different customers of varying backgrounds and cultures in order to provide them with the best customer service possible. management was fair and helpful in achieving daily, weekly and monthly targets. flexible with out of work activities and shift patterns, and very warm and friendly from my first day. the hardest part of the job was staying motivated and productive during quiet periods but i overcame this by focusing my attention on each and every customer that came into store and making sure i made that sale. the most enjoyable part of the job was working towards our set daily sales target and earning sales and commission for myself.

Pros

Discount & Comission

Cons

Wearing Heels standing up for long hour shifts

Fun Work place

There we had the opportunity to interact not only with the customer but also with work colleagues. Everyone had the same respect and attention. If we needed help with anything, management would always help.

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

Long travel

Absolutely amazing place to work in.

I worked part-time in an outlet in Portsmouth. The salary with commission is absolutely amazing. Management was very well trained and were able to motivate every single day. The work hours were also flexible around my studies.

Working for Michael Kors

Michael Kors was a great place to work, they had loads of initiative schemes for staff and working for commission was always an excellent way to motivate yourself and surpass you sales targets. I learnt a lot about customer service, sales techniques, their business and values and much more. The management were great and very supportive. The hardest part of the job was staying motivated when the shop was very quiet. The most enjoyable part was helping customers find exactly what they were looking for.

Pros

Uniform and Comission scheme

Cons

uncomforatble shoes

Boring and bad management

No direction. Just a middle man that has no actual say in what happens. Systems are outdated. Office politics are not great. turn rate is massive.

Official response from Michael Kors

28 July 2017
We genuinely appreciate the time you spent informing us about your experience with Michael Kors. We will review your feedback and make the appropriate changes. - Michael Kors Human Resources

Fun and competetive place to work

Great place to work and in my experience, with lovely people. Opportunities to win competitions, especially around christmas time. Hardest part of the job is meeting sales targets on very quiet days.

Pros

Short shifts

Cons

Must wear heeled shoes at work

Jobs at Michael Kors

See more jobs

It was a very good atmosphere, very friendly meeting some lovely people while spending time with them working with there wants and neees. It was a good work experience to prepare me for you future work.

Esperienza estera molto formante e luogo di lavoro piacevole

Nuova apertura dello store quindi elevate responsabilità , obiettivi elevati di vendita da raggiungere, sempre sotto pressione , grandi stimoli

Pros

percentuale sulle vendite

Sociable But Quiet

A typical day at Michael Kors is different to any other retail enviroment I have known. Giving the best quality of customer service you can give to all of the public is very important. The hardest part about being in this job is the high sales targets on a quiet day...however this does not make the job any less fun. The best part of the job is the relationship building with customers and making sales that you will never forget.

Pros

Healthcare benefits

Cons

Retail Hours

Challenging and motivating work place

Working in Michael Kors is a great opportunity as to the business sector and the mix of local English culture in London and the origin culture of the branb, which is American. The staff culture and union is considered very important and the company provides a good training over the year, especially about product knowledge.

Pros

...

Cons

Ambiente muy profesional y ameno

Trabajar en Michael Kors fue una gran experiencia por ser una marca importante y por ser el primer trabajo en Reino Unido. El compañerismo en la tienda era muy importante tanto como conocer la marca y las prendas con las que estábamos trabajando. Todas las mañanas poníamos a punto la tienda siguiendo cuadro de objetivos marcado por la encargada, lo cual nos hacía asegurarnos de que nada faltaba y así no olvidar qué teníamos que hacer durante el día. En resumen, trabajar en este establecimiento fue un buen ejemplo de orden, compañerismo, disciplina y un excelente trato al cliente.

Didn't liked the environment

Work not acknowledged Non-friendly environment non realistic targets Long hours Heels all day

Pros

work for a luxury brand

Cons

non realistic targets

competitive and money focussed work environment

You cant deny the amazingly generous discount that MK gives to its staff, on top of wardrobe and comission.The money part is rather good but i was only there for a temporary basis and this job required me every bit of energy to keep me going daily as it was very competitive.Not hitting the daily target meant being ignored by managers, if work colleagues did not like you they would cold bloodily steal clients away, especially during peak times when no one could hit their targets ..it meant WAR.As someone already mentioned, due to the need of hitting the Daily target, achieving the opposite would cause a chain reaction onto manager team, so they would talk about you behind back and all agree not to appreciate you.

Pros

free wardrobe, occasional free lunch, commission, good basic pay

Cons

competitive, incompetent and unprofessional manager team, pressurising

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Kors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement