Michael Kors

Clear
3.2Job security & advancement

Found 16 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,644 reviews

fun, stressful

fun, relaxed, but more like a school playground than a job, bad pay, bad management, if there were plants to be inserted in micheal kors, a lot of associates and managers in charge of the store as a whole would get fired for all types of violations.

Too much work.

The job was a decent first job. I did learn a lot about the work force and got some good experience. However, the pay did not much work. You get very under pay.

temp position

I worked at Michael kors for a couple of months as I was offered a temporary position. The first few weeks were great the team and manger were all very polite and helpful, I felt confident in what I was doing and felt like I was exceeding in the shop, the weeks to follow left me with a different opinion, more than one occasion I experienced the store managers rude manner when given instructions or criticism I feel like it could have been handled much better. Staff members would approach me to tell me they were upset and dreaded coming into work because of her actions. The space of a couple of months I worked there I witnessed a girl walk out crying as she quit a few weeks in and others spoken down to. By the end of my contract I had lost all confidence in what I was doing and was scared to put a foot out of line. If asked if this shop would be good to work in I’d say yes but definitely under poor management.

Working for Michael Kors

Working for Michael Kors was a great experience for me to get a better understanding of how to visually merchandise accordingly to seasons and new launches. It always gave me a better understanding of what KPIs are and how to go from my unit sale going from 1 to a 1.6

Nice place to work

Supportive management, growing Internal promotions. Team building In depth training on a monthly basis Vast range of products to endorse and work with

Very productive and luxurious environment

Working in Michale Kors, as a Christmas temp really helped me gain exellent communication skills, and it slo helped me develop better team working skills. It was my first job ever, and I must admmit when I left I felt a lot more mature and responsible, next thing I started doing was applying to other jobs, to gain different experiences.

Pros

Generous staff discount, and long lunches

Demanding Workplace

The managers were very rude and swore frequently to employees and in front of customers. They made you do jobs that were not in your contract. The company required me to pay back my entire final pay cheque because I quit before finishing the month.

Pros

Commission

Official response from Michael Kors

2 January 2018
We appreciate the time you took to complete this review. We are sorry to hear about your experience, as it does not align with our core values. We will review your feedback and make any appropriate changes. For more details about Michael Kors values and culture, please visit our Careers site www.michaelkors.com/careers. - Michael Kors Human Resources

Great Company

Great company to work for where hard work pays off, would recommend company to anyone. Great growth opportunities within operations in store and corporate.

Friendly but Overworked for Salary

We were paid very poorly in the UK - I'm not sure how it is in the US but in London it wasn't living wages for full time assistant / coordinator positions.

Official response from Michael Kors

6 November 2017
We appreciate you taking the time to complete this review. We are very sorry to hear about your experience, as it does not align with our company’s values. We aim to ensure that our compensation and various benefits packages are competitive, fair, and meet industry standards. - Michael Kors Human Resources

A lot of pressure, but good salary

The workplace is fast paced and very demanding. Individual sales target raises competition among co-workers - as sales associates are paid commission on sales. The management puts the team under pressure to achieve goals. Overall, the company is very well organized and delivers excellent trainings. Unfortunately it requires sales team to wear high heels. The salary is very good.

Pros

Good training provided

Cons

High heels are compulsory

Jobs at Michael Kors

See more jobs

Productive and fun are very good words to described

Is the best place that I being working has a very good ambience and my roll that is stock controller is lovely i really like to work for Michael Kors

Pros

50 % off in the products and nice uniforms

Cons

no many opportunities to grow up inside the company

Career

Michael Kors creates a great environment to work in, rotates teams to get the best possible. When available; progression is normally dealt with internally, which is a huge bonus to employees. I have learned my trade with MK and feel the training I have received was second to none.

Pros

Bonus Scheme

fun workplace

I have loved working for michael kors but I feel retail is not for me any longer, I was to challenge myself and begin a career which I can see myself doing for years to come.

Pros

good atmosphere

Cons

unsociable hours

Friendly and profeccional workplace

Good company to work for. They offer health insurance and pension contribution scheme. Generous commission. Great product and management. Professional co-workers. Friendly environment.

Challenging and motivating work place

Working in Michael Kors is a great opportunity as to the business sector and the mix of local English culture in London and the origin culture of the branb, which is American. The staff culture and union is considered very important and the company provides a good training over the year, especially about product knowledge.

Pros

...

Fun and challenging role

I used to sale to targets and always made sure I achieve them. I learned managerial skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Kors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement