Michael Kors

Michael Kors Management reviews

Clear

Found 22 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,649 reviews

A good company to work for

The work in Michael kors was fairly good and easy. Management was also good but would of loved it more if the pay for my experience was slightly higher

Expect far too much

You have to look and dress a certain way. They expect far to much for its brand. The products are not worth the money you are trying to sell to customers. The sales targets are high and the expectations are unrealistic.

11 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of Michael Kors, we will be sharing your feedback with the appropriate teams. -Michael Kors Human Resources

temp position

I worked at Michael kors for a couple of months as I was offered a temporary position. The first few weeks were great the team and manger were all very polite and helpful, I felt confident in what I was doing and felt like I was exceeding in the shop, the weeks to follow left me with a different opinion, more than one occasion I experienced the store managers rude manner when given instructions or criticism I feel like it could have been handled much better. Staff members would approach me to tell me they were upset and dreaded coming into work because of her actions. The space of a couple of months I worked there I witnessed a girl walk out crying as she quit a few weeks in and others spoken down to. By the end of my contract I had lost all confidence in what I was doing and was scared to put a foot out of line. If asked if this shop would be good to work in I’d say yes but definitely under poor management.

fun, stressful

fun, relaxed, but more like a school playground than a job, bad pay, bad management, if there were plants to be inserted in micheal kors, a lot of associates and managers in charge of the store as a whole would get fired for all types of violations.

Awful Experience

My role was to manage the menswear concession in the one of the more outdated department stores still clinging on to dear life. I found it an impossible role trying to lease between the department store staff who stopped thinking in the 1970s and the MK staff who offered no help or guidance or training and none of which would ever agree on anything. The MK management where appalling offering no guidance or help and where even going out of there way to cause issues between myself and the department store including disclosing private information about me. This was my experience alone in a rather unique role and i cant speak for MK as a whole, but if your ever offered a job on MK menswear RUN FOR THE HILLS.

fun, competetive, family

a great place to work with a fast paced competitive environment. great management. passion for customer service is key to work here. some days can be slow such as off peak trade but this is the best time to grow within the MK family and build relationships with your peers.

Fun workplace

Team is very easy to get on with and management are helpful but friendly whilst doing so. The work load is not too much but also keeps you on your toes as the job revolves mainly on running bags for sales assistances.

Pros

Enjoyable work

Cons

Poor money

It used to be best place to work

When i first started it was best company to work for. We had great team and management and i literally couldn't wait to go to work. Work was hard but it was still fun. In 2016 it started to change and i guess greed took over to save on salaries and all good people started leaving company and they have been replaced by less qualified and not so great with people management at head office so they can pay them less than the previous employees. Staff was constantly changing because of that plus they were making your life a pain. Constantly coming up with new weird rules that made no sense. They opened up too many stores and made it common and no longer luxurious.

Pros

good holiday entitlement, pension

Cons

asked to do beyond your job description and no understanding staff

Nice place to work

Supportive management, growing Internal promotions. Team building In depth training on a monthly basis Vast range of products to endorse and work with

Michael Kors Review

A typical day would consist of opening up the store early where i would clean, back-stock, check deliveries, cash in tills, and make myself look presentable before opening hours. i would then greet customers, listen to what they need and want, and then advise them on products and merchandise. i learned how to tailor my approach to many different customers of varying backgrounds and cultures in order to provide them with the best customer service possible. management was fair and helpful in achieving daily, weekly and monthly targets. flexible with out of work activities and shift patterns, and very warm and friendly from my first day. the hardest part of the job was staying motivated and productive during quiet periods but i overcame this by focusing my attention on each and every customer that came into store and making sure i made that sale. the most enjoyable part of the job was working towards our set daily sales target and earning sales and commission for myself.

Pros

Discount & Comission

Cons

Wearing Heels standing up for long hour shifts

Fun Work place

There we had the opportunity to interact not only with the customer but also with work colleagues. Everyone had the same respect and attention. If we needed help with anything, management would always help.

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

Long travel

Absolutely amazing place to work in.

I worked part-time in an outlet in Portsmouth. The salary with commission is absolutely amazing. Management was very well trained and were able to motivate every single day. The work hours were also flexible around my studies.

Questionable management

The company itself is great to work for, however progression and management are another story. Constantly asking for more work to do and asking to take on extra responsibility. Its very clicky.

Pros

good salary

Cons

management

Working for Michael Kors

Michael Kors was a great place to work, they had loads of initiative schemes for staff and working for commission was always an excellent way to motivate yourself and surpass you sales targets. I learnt a lot about customer service, sales techniques, their business and values and much more. The management were great and very supportive. The hardest part of the job was staying motivated when the shop was very quiet. The most enjoyable part was helping customers find exactly what they were looking for.

Pros

Uniform and Comission scheme

Cons

uncomforatble shoes

The WORST place to work

Do not work for this company!!!!!!! Management really don’t care about you or your wellbeing all they care about is hitting targets. If you don’t have “the look” you get treated differently to everyone! Management need better training on how to deal with associates. You get little to no training and just get thrown in, and when u make mistakes you get looked at or spoken to as if you’re scum!!!! I’m highly disappointed with the management of such a “high class luxury brand”

Pros

Discount

Cons

Heels, Management, poor training

2 January 2018
We appreciate the time you took to complete this review. We are sorry to hear about your experience, as it does not align with our core values. We will review your feedback and make any appropriate changes. For more details about Michael Kors values and culture, please visit our Careers site www.michaelkors.com/careers. - Michael Kors Human Resources

Good Company.

Great clothing allowance and fun company to work with. They do care about staff training and growth but the management changes constantly and it is difficult to get feedback through tot he higher ranking.

Pros

Clothing allowance

Cons

A lot of pressure, but good salary

The workplace is fast paced and very demanding. Individual sales target raises competition among co-workers - as sales associates are paid commission on sales. The management puts the team under pressure to achieve goals. Overall, the company is very well organized and delivers excellent trainings. Unfortunately it requires sales team to wear high heels. The salary is very good.

Pros

Good training provided

Cons

High heels are compulsory

Boring and bad management

No direction. Just a middle man that has no actual say in what happens. Systems are outdated. Office politics are not great. turn rate is massive.

28 July 2017
We genuinely appreciate the time you spent informing us about your experience with Michael Kors. We will review your feedback and make the appropriate changes. - Michael Kors Human Resources

Mixed Experience

Mixed experience with different individuals. Lack of communication a factor. Many changes happening during my time which is of course expected but dealt with badly.

Pros

Product

Cons

Communication

28 July 2017

Good company

Not so sure that HR are very strong… considering we had a few happenings in store which should have been instant dismissals. THe company is great to work for with lots of benefits.

Pros

Often free lunches, good discount, free clothes etc

Cons

Hr, some management

Friendly and profeccional workplace

Good company to work for. They offer health insurance and pension contribution scheme. Generous commission. Great product and management. Professional co-workers. Friendly environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Kors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement

Compare Michael Kors with

• Michael Kors
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?