Michael Kors

Michael Kors Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.4Pay & benefits

Found 18 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,644 reviews

A good company to work for

The work in Michael kors was fairly good and easy. Management was also good but would of loved it more if the pay for my experience was slightly higher

Too much work.

The job was a decent first job. I did learn a lot about the work force and got some good experience. However, the pay did not much work. You get very under pay.

productive and interesting work place

Working here was pretty great. The staff are extremely friendly and make sure to welcome all new members. There is definitely a big emphasis of team work, which makes the working environment more enjoyable (independence needed too!). If you are a confident person, who loves luxury retail and meeting new people, then this job would be perfect for you.

Pros

Great pay, good benefits

Cons

long hours, can become very competetive

Not bad

It was a good experience to be part of Michael Kors team. The overall atmosphere was good and the discount was very attractive to be honest. The payment has always been on time with really good wages

Absolutely amazing place to work in.

I worked part-time in an outlet in Portsmouth. The salary with commission is absolutely amazing. Management was very well trained and were able to motivate every single day. The work hours were also flexible around my studies.

Questionable management

The company itself is great to work for, however progression and management are another story. Constantly asking for more work to do and asking to take on extra responsibility. Its very clicky.

Pros

good salary

Cons

management

A very good company to work for

The company look after their employees well, lots of extra incentives and perks. Good commission. Nice working environment. Worked every weekend - but it is retail!

Demanding Workplace

The managers were very rude and swore frequently to employees and in front of customers. They made you do jobs that were not in your contract. The company required me to pay back my entire final pay cheque because I quit before finishing the month.

Pros

Commission

Official response from Michael Kors

2 January 2018
We appreciate the time you took to complete this review. We are sorry to hear about your experience, as it does not align with our core values. We will review your feedback and make any appropriate changes. For more details about Michael Kors values and culture, please visit our Careers site www.michaelkors.com/careers. - Michael Kors Human Resources

Friendly but Overworked for Salary

We were paid very poorly in the UK - I'm not sure how it is in the US but in London it wasn't living wages for full time assistant / coordinator positions.

Official response from Michael Kors

6 November 2017
We appreciate you taking the time to complete this review. We are very sorry to hear about your experience, as it does not align with our company’s values. We aim to ensure that our compensation and various benefits packages are competitive, fair, and meet industry standards. - Michael Kors Human Resources

A lot of pressure, but good salary

The workplace is fast paced and very demanding. Individual sales target raises competition among co-workers - as sales associates are paid commission on sales. The management puts the team under pressure to achieve goals. Overall, the company is very well organized and delivers excellent trainings. Unfortunately it requires sales team to wear high heels. The salary is very good.

Pros

Good training provided

Cons

High heels are compulsory

Jobs at Michael Kors

See more jobs

Good place to work at

Overall Michael Kors is a really nice place to work, good teams and good benefits. The higher up you can get within the teams the better your job will be with the opportunity to travel with multiple projects.

Pros

Uniform

Cons

Global Brand, so sometimes limited access to big projects

Good company

Not so sure that HR are very strong… considering we had a few happenings in store which should have been instant dismissals. THe company is great to work for with lots of benefits.

Pros

Often free lunches, good discount, free clothes etc

Cons

Hr, some management

Fast paced, challenging environment

Typical day at work includes going over Company Directives ensuring the store is to Company standards. Analysing reports to see profits and money map the store, train staff on new products etc.

Pros

Healthcare benefits

Cons

heavy work loads

Sociable But Quiet

A typical day at Michael Kors is different to any other retail enviroment I have known. Giving the best quality of customer service you can give to all of the public is very important. The hardest part about being in this job is the high sales targets on a quiet day...however this does not make the job any less fun. The best part of the job is the relationship building with customers and making sales that you will never forget.

Pros

Healthcare benefits

Cons

Retail Hours

Friendly and profeccional workplace

Good company to work for. They offer health insurance and pension contribution scheme. Generous commission. Great product and management. Professional co-workers. Friendly environment.

Fast paced and fun

Fast paced high turnover environment, great place to develop skills such as figures analysis and reporting. Sometimes long hours and a lot of weekends in but very valuable experience.

Pros

Great salary and benefits

Cons

Sometimes long hours and weekends in.

tediuos

Tasks where tedious and very easy. Shifts where long and the hour unpaid lunch break made the day drag. However the staff discounts where generous and the pay was good for how easy the job was. typical day the shift would start at 9 and would finish at 6.

Pros

50 % staff discounts

Cons

long shifts

Lots of work, long days

Manual processes, requiring lots of time to complete them. Communication is poor.

Pros

good discount

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Kors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement

Compare Michael Kors with

• Michael Kors
  • Pay & benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?