Michael Page

• Energising work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Respectable business

Great group of people to work with. Couldn't do enough to help and have an excellent training program. The management take the team to understand you and are very approachable.

Pros

Good management and team culture.

Cons

Long hours. No appreciation for hard work.

Not everyone is treated the same in departments. A few arrogant senior managers with favourites, and it's not a place for a long-term career for certain roles.

Pros

Big company name

Cons

Bullying culture in operational side of business No career progression Heavy workload

Learnt a lot however its a popularity contest

-It was a little like wolf of wall street and it was a popularity contest.-Targets and KPIs where what they deem as success.-Depending on who you were/ friends with depended on if you were promoted or not. Having said this - it was very much work hard play hard, It was fun and as a young person at the time I learnt a lot (mainly about myself) you were part of a family and it was like working with your brothers/sisters.In my first interview I was asked about my emotional state and when was the last time I cried and also if I had a personal number plate (as that was seen as a negative - I don't, and to this day I still don't get it)I remember being challenged on my promotion targets. Despite 3 people (in a team of 5) getting promoted ahead of me whilst they reaching lower sales figures.(this review is based on my experiences 7 years ago)

Pros

could be fun

Cons

not consistent

Fast Paced

Fast paced business offering plenty of challenge. Lots of fun to be had in all their teams and plenty of coaching and training to help you make great strides in agency recruitment.

Do not work here

You’ll be stressed, sad, and overworked. You’re constantly shouted at no matter how hard you work and there is zero respect, especially for women. Avoid

Good ambiance - working ambiance !

I was there as a temp and I had already worked for Michael Page in France as a PA. No messing about. You do your job but you can always ask for help. You need to be well dressed : no jeans or sweatpants even if you are not in contact with the public.

Static and political working environment

Decisions made by long serving management team who steer the direct, progress and culture of organisation somewhat limiting the capabilities of those individuals who join the company. Highly political and survival depands who you are backed by.

Consultant

Good training but tiny specialisms where sabotage is encourged to win. Fees are more important than service High turn over of staff Brand name is recognisable and opens doors but increasingly bad reputation from stressed consultants offering poor service

Good experience

The second time I have worked through Michael Page /Page Personnel, both times have been hassle free in every respect, obviously no job advancement as its an agency but in my view a very good and honest agency. The company I worked for were very nice and very friendly. No issues at all.

A great place to work that will allow you to flourish

Page was a wonderful place to work, with managers who cared about your development. It offered top class training in recruitment and the company culture was great.

Incompetent Management/Team Leader

Compliance Department - Very poor team leader and the manager is not interested in hearing how the team is getting along. No training actually provided as promised - rather chucked straight into the deep end. If you ask any questions - they think you are incapable of completing the workload or you are told to find the information out for yourself. No job security - loads of temp contracts - so that they can get rid of you whenever they feel like doing so. During my time at the company - around 10/12 people fired. In my team at one point we was down to a team of 3 people when there should be 5/6 people in a team - more pressure and no appreciation either. No communication if there is an issue, neither any support from senior team members (team leader) - you get picked on - rather than trying to resolve the problem (a lot of indirect form of bullying). Team meetings are not constructive - always complaints from management. No rewards or recognition for all the hard work. Would not recommend joining this company.

Cons

Terrible incompetant team leader/management

Great career development poor work life balance

Often take people with little or no experience, so great for people looking to get into recruitment. Great training a clear progression routes for billing and management roles. If you are working for a good director you'll be fine but if you aren't your experience will be very different. Culture of presentism despite them saying otherwise. Pay good basics and car allowances but bonus is poor.

Pros

Career development

Cons

Poor work life balance

Totally incompetent

Wages not paid, they state 4hr response time to queries. Took 3 days. Local consultant only keen on getting you into a job. Very little help afterwards. They charge clients per hour almost as much as the temp gets paid. Will never work for them again.

Pros

Cons

Incompetent

Great company with exceptional training and leadership

I have worked for Michael Page for 8 years and have enjoyed every minute! Michael Page is a professional business that has grown internationally. The leadership team is exceptional - they are innovative, intelligent and work hard. Michael Page offer a fantastic service and have a culture of putting the customer first. I have worked for 3 other recruitment businesses that are inferior to Michael Page. I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a career in recruitment.

Pros

Great rewards, innovative, fun, great people who care

Cons

Hard work but enjoyable workplace

I was a summer intern here at Michael Page, i was exposed to a large amount of the business. I was treated as a core member of the team and was given a lot of Responsibility.

Pros

Team days were always good fun

Cons

Long Hours

Always on hand to provide expert advice

Great agency to work for. Always on hand to provide advice and guidance when needed. Helpful staff and would most certainly se them again should the opportunity arise.

Pros

Contact was made easier by continued interaction

Cons

Only offered 3/6 month contracts

Just a sales job

Guess this is the industry maybe but MP is very much a sales job. All about the numbers and as long as you close the job they are happy. Short term clients are better than the long term once and as long as you find any candidate they are happy. All about numbers in this company but ok money to be made

Pros

Ok money

Cons

Lying to clients

Good but slightly disappointed

So I applied for a job through Michael page and that was for SSCL. The women at Michael page (Rebecca jess) was and has been very very helpful and supporting throughout the full procedure and will definitely give her credit for. Such a lovely and friendly women to speak too. Now the downside to this is when I applied and went in to have a discussion with her , there was 3 shift patterns available. (8-4, 9-5, 3-11pm) and didmention that I wouldn’t prefer the 3-11pm shift due to my current situation and social life. Said that was fine as when I get to SSCL they will sort that out. I’m currently working for SSCL now and unfortunately I got the 3-11pm shift and they can’t change that. (For now). So slightly disappointed because of that but still have to give her credit for how helpful and supportive she has been throughout this full employment procedure. Would of been 5 stars if I got th shift I wanted.

Pros

Pay, flexible break, lunches

Cons

3-11pm unsocial shift. No holiday pay

dfg

very good job, loved every minute of it. progression wirthin the company is amazing managers are great. # wages you get paid a lot for what you do and defin

Great environment with supportive colleagues

Page offers a fun and enjoyable workplace environment with colleagues who are helpful and reliable. The role of a Consultant can be very demanding and may not be for everyone. Performance is measured against daily and weekly KPIs. Hours are generally longer than most other roles. In summary, if you are looking for a fun workplace environment and are prepared to work long hours and hit targets consistently then Page is a great place to be.

Pros

Fun atmosphere, supportive colleagues

Cons

Long hours, demanding targets

productive

A very enjoyable post graduate internship. Learnt the basics of recruitment, including tasks relating to both clients and candidates, whilst also been warmly welcomed into the team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Page. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Michael Page with

• Michael Page
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?