Mick George

Mick George Employee Reviews

Management treat you like a piece of dirt and you were forced to treat drivers the same way. Gave you a free lunch but that was only to keep you at your desk working so you do maximum hours and made to go in every other Saturday. People are sacked at the drop of a hat
Pros
Shifts
Cons
Bad management
Worked in the Finance department along side some lovely team mates and good managers. My direct manager was approachable and supportive, my fellow team members were supportive and friendly. There has been addition to the finance team which is already adding some good value. Overall enjoyed working there.
Pros
Lovely working environment, supportive managers
Cons
Salaries could be better
If u decline saturday to work if u have 55 hours on tacho , you get disciplinary interview and intimidation and threts to get sacked ... bad place to work
Pros
Useles ofice, s***y managers, full of mud everywere
Cons
No life, verry long hours, you can t finish early onli if u dye
Management swearing at drivers. Interested in profit only. Always drivers fault. Long hours, average pay. No safety. Expecting a lot, giving back nothing.
Go back to school, deal with the back stabbing behaviour expected from teenagers rather than get paid to put up with this tripe. Pay was fairly decent in comparison, but had to be as high staff turnover for obvious reasons. Worst choice I made, based on false promises.
Pros
Higher pay for the role.
Cons
Longer hours and Atmosphere was poor unless you wear a skirt
I cannot describe what a terrible company this is to work for. When you work every available hour and still get treated like dirt, it is time to leave. And that is where the problems really begin. Then you have to fight to get what is due to you. If you are ignored when you are employed, it gets a whole lot worse when you leave. Resign on payday, there is no other way. If they can shaft you, they will. Bullying is rife throughout the business and people are being broken, too afraid to speak out. And don't express an opinion unless the senior management has sanctioned it first. God forbid you dare to disagree with certain members of the Senior Management Team! They bare a grudge. Do not expect support from HR.
Pros
Some lovely people.
Cons
More bullies than lovely people
It used to be same hourly pay for everyone no matter you drive class 1, or class 2, skip drivers was receiving slightly higher bonus. then later class 1 started getting payrise, then class 2 tipper drivers started receiving extra bonus, leaving class 2 drivers Skip drivers at very bottom. It's a bit sad, as skip drivers doing most of work involving physical work, dealing with all difficulties on site, when skips being not loaded right. and dealing with customers make sure they choose Mick George as they next skip provider. Monthly pay. Allways on time. But payslip unfortunately 1 day before payday. maybe because of Corona virus.
Colleagues are nice,but the ones that are in charge are bossy,put you work like a dog,specially the polish manager who has no ideea about the things that he runs,and doing mistakes all the tine,the put the blame on the drivers. MICK GEORGE dont give a penny on his employees. He cares only about the one whos lick his hands. So if you are not used with slavery dont join MG
Pros
A lot of work
They’re not bothered about individual’s it’s very much this is how we do things if you don’t like it leave. This comes from the top down, God forbid you should question something or offer any advice if you think there’s something wrong.
You really do get out what you put in with Mick George. Work hard and you'll reap the benefits. if you want to sit back, feet up and have a relaxing day then this isn't the job for you. as long as you're doing your job then no one can complain.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
Communication between different departments could be better
I worked as a skip driver for six months then moved on to a recycling job which has long hours but the money is really good but mick has sold the recycling side of the business and we have been tupe over but the job will never be the same
Pros
Money
Cons
Organised badly
Good work was for me, dirty work of course , there are some strange people around , I believe every company has some strange and mad people, all you have to do is to not forget about you work for the money, good luck
I enjoyed my time there, I just wish there was more holiday. The team were great, really encouraging and supportive. The standards are high, but that is a good thing
Stay well away management not good or fair cant even get holidays for hospital appointments they will treat you like a slave my advice better off on benefits from the government
Hard work and expected to stay until the job is complete, typical working days are between 10-12 hours. Office staff offer empty promises to customers which makes you look bad when you cannot fulfil said promise. If you don’t mind grafting then you will have no problems.
My time at mick George was about as good as going to the dentist, hated it while you were there but once the day was over you just forgot about it, seems everybody's under pressure there maybe that's how they like to work was just not for me .
If you want any kind of life outside work then look elsewhere. If you don't want to work Saturdays then you have to apply to book them off(no guarantee you'll get it) Owner speaks to you like dirt and is probably one of the most obnoxious people I've ever had the misfortune to meet. Getting holidays agreed is nigh on impossible unless booked a year or so in advance.
Wages structure not good ÂŁ10.50 an hour flat rate 2 shifts days and nights I felt is if I was pushed in to doing more hours with no over time payed just flat rate after doing 8 half hour day no payed dinner
Poor manegeman, long work hours, poor pay, everyone it is like working horse, keeping away from this company
Couldn't fault the job. If you like going out and getting your hands dirty while keeping the customers (drivers) happy there is no other company to work for.
Applied for tipper driver job, given skip driver job. Promised they'd move me to tippers after couple of weeks. When I left 6 months later I was still a skip driver. I was fed up with the lies from head office right from my interview where I was told I'd work the occasional Saturday, in reality its every second Saturday. They made me go on training courses after I'd put my notice in and said I wont be charged for them...guess what....final pay packet had all training courses deducted and they refused to reimburse me. Office staff are a bunch of bullies with Mick George the biggest of them all. He is perhaps the most arrogant individual I have ever had the misfortune of meeting. I would not recommend this company to even the most desperate person.
Pros
Handing your truck keys in for the final time
Cons
Everything you can think of plus a few you wouldn't believe
  1. Employee reviews