Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust

Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom15 reviews

Left to your own devices!

The ward I worked on was friendly, but there isn’t enough time to train people and you are left to your own devices to figure things out. Shifts consisted of 13 hours and were draining, you are expected to run around like mad and it isn’t worth the stress. One good thing is the security of working within the NHS, however it isn’t worth becoming ill over it.

Pros

Job Security

Numbers not people

I worked in the Therapy department for a few months and eventually quit due to the oppressive nature of the management. Only band 8s and above were 'allowed' to request flexible working hours...despite the hospital being open 24/7 and there always being a need for therapy input, no option to discuss adjustments to pay, scolded for talking to patients for too long who were going through traumatic experiences and needed to talk to a friendly face, unable to practice autonomously as managers were watching everything you do and picking up insignificant things (just to prove a point it felt like). Managers do not value their staff as people, we were just numbers on a page. Also they expect you to work 11 days in a row and if you dare to need a break/respite or just have life plans outside of work then you need to book precious annual leave to do this. Very short staffed most of the time with one therapist covering 3-4 wards. Impossible. There seemed to be a leaving card to sign every week and huge turnovers of staff. The worst experience I've had in an nhs workplace and I would not recommend it to anyone who wants to work to live and not live to work.

Insights into Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Supportive environment to work in

Every job is different but most have a supprotive work environment, but can be stressful when doing a lot of hours in the week. A lot of friendly people that work there.

Mental abuse by senior team leader

I was looking for some part time work and came across this position. I worked here around a year ago. The place is a disgrace. I left because of management. I had 6 hours training and was expected to know everything straight away. Team leaders tried to bully me. And the senior team leader NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE!!!!!!!!! CQC should get involved! And as for pay, you have to fight to get any!

Disgusting department, Good luck getting paid. Stay Away!

Still owed money, worked here about a year ago. Bullies the lot of them. I was working in various places. Terrible training, no support, some staff were ok but wow the main manager I worked there for 4 years and got 1 hello out of it. JOKE of a place stay well clear! Money sounds good but you wont get it!

A Productive and friendly place

The work culture in Mid-Essex was quite a collaborative one. We support each other and also bond and unwind together. This made it a very friendly and fun place to work and it helped to make thing go easy and very smoothly Work was fun and we always exceeded target. I wake up everyday looking forward to go to work

Poor culture and no progression

Organisation culture makes it extremely difficult to get anything useful done. Unsupportive colleagues. Extreme lack of diversity in senior positions.

Commited and friendly

A typical day at work was always interesting and you can expect to face new challenges everyday, it teaches you how to deal with several different scenarios and was a very educational experience

Awful

Worked as a service support assistant if I could give this role less than 1 star I would. Salary for what was expected of you was barely above minimum wage and was an extremely physically demanding job Hard work and initiative totally overlooked, no job progression Team leaders are bully's talk to people and treat them in a very aggressive and appalling way Senior management do nothing about this even though they are aware of what is going on DON'T WORK HERE !!!!!!!!!!!

Pros

Going home

Cons

To many to list

Ignorant & unsupportive staff/management

The staff here are so rude and treat you like dirt. Most of the staff laze about on their phones or sleep on shift yet have to cheek to accuse the domestic staff of not doing anything. Just because we are cleaners, does not mean we do not matter. Staff team across the whole hospital needs a serious shake up and talking to. You speak to management about issues that never get addressed, they let lazy people get away with anything they can. Whilst hard workers are basically punished. Seems the more difficult and lazy you are, the more you are rewarded. If you want an enjoyable jobs with good benefits and a supportive staff team, do not work here.

Pros

End of shift

Cons

No career progression or contract hours increase if part time

Bullies and no advancement

Worked here for 7 years coming in half hour early everyday with no pay. Was even used to show Hospital mangement how the catering worked and was never offered an advancement. The impossible is always asked of you no matter how hard u work. Lazy people are rewarded with easy wards and hard workers are demanded to make up for there mistakes.

Portering bullying abundant

Worked as a Porter on bank had never ending amount of trouble manger was is total bully as well as some other work colleagues.work you like a slave for less than what you earn at McDonald’s would have loved to have made a positive impact in this role but no one wants to help or listen to your concerns I wish I could have taken a secret video camera in with me to show how awful the Nhs is run. Please avoid this job until they sort out New mangement and people who are willing to help you progress.

Pros

Hometime

Cons

Everything is run wrong from top to bottom

work

i have been working here for over four years now. it is a lovely place to work but is very busy. you have to been very fast at your job especially in the emergency department.

Needs improvement

It is an ok hospital, but needs improvement all round the hospital in all aspects, they do no value key parts of the hospital and the staff deserve a lot better

Awful Management

Awful management who constantly say how much they hate their job in front of other staff/patients, poor salary for overworked staff and not an enjoyable workplace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust with

Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust reviews by location

• Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?