Minster Law

Minster Law Employee Reviews

Good place to work and opportunity to develop and progress, would recommend to a friend. Left due to wanting to pursue a new area of work and role. Mainly deal with PI.
Pros
Benefits and incentives
Cons
Way of working
Such a wonderful culture, Minster really cares about its people and works collaboratively to achieve a common goal. It’s fast paced and exciting, putting in the work really gets you the reward. The introduction of agile working really makes you feel trusted by the business and allows colleagues to get the most of their personal life.
Pros
Agile working
Overworked. Underpaid. No chance of progression and no other areas but motor PI. Dont even do ELPL.No benefits. Seem to sack people pretty frequently. I'm desperate to get out.Terrible handling of the pandemic. No concern for mental health or wellbeing.Do not care for mental health one iota.Stats are all they care about. If you have a breakdown do it after youve hit target. No bonus No overtime No perks. Long notice period to prevent you leaving
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
Everything else
They do not care about your work. Only care about social life. Treat you very poorly. Fire you for another colleagues behaviour. Plenty of two faced people working there. Do not waste you precious time here. You deserve so much better don’t apply. Worst mistake of my life. Glad i’m out of there.
Cons
The moj depart is a call centre culture, there is no case handling! I was promised a wage rise after 6 months in my interview. 12 months on I now have to prove I’m worthy of getting the starting wage for my job role
Pros
Good system
Cons
Salary, calls
I have worked for the company a year and a half now as a paralegal. Long story short, brilliant people work within the Mutli Track Team, great technical manager, relaxed atmosphere. No scope for progression, managers constantly contradict themselves (e.g. there's no time recording targets but try get 75) Working from home is good but that's about it. Perfect if you have no career goals or ambition. Not worth it
Pros
work from home, fruit
Cons
pay way under benchmark, no progression, false promises
Volatile climate with little culture and little direction or growth ambition. Huge profits, but little investment. A lot of senior managers social activities for their team building.
Job was stressful, specifically dealing with sometimes very difficult situations (Road Traffic Collisions, Fatalities), company more focused on numbers and KPI than customer service and empathy.
When working for minster law you feel pressured into doing things you dont feel comfortable doing without any further training. You was assessed on calls that you took, if you did one little thing wrong you would be marked down on it. If you dont meet their needs and do not score 100% on all calls they will get rid of you. You job is not secure when working for this company.
This was definitely the worst job I had, what they don’t tell you is it’s literally ALL ABOUT SALES aka trying to make people say they are injured for a claim and if you didn’t hit targets they got rid of you. Funny part is even if you got a call where the customer reports a car accident and their car was parked and they wasn’t in it then this will still go as a call against your stats for no injury claim.
Minster Law was an excellent company to work for, I really enjoyed the variation on my role and the colleagues I worked with. There was opportunities to move around the company and learn about all the variation of work the whole company covered.
This is truly a horrible place to work! People are horrible and I mean horrible! Unpolite Unhelpful Scammers they will instruct extracting of information from clients and use it in a variety of ways. Do not trust them in ay respect. I had my bank card cloned from leaving it in the staff room and a lottery ticket swiped from my purse. The smell in the office is quite bad and one in particular rather large lady had leg ulcers which stink the place out on a daily basis.
look of back chatting enviroment not bad talk a great game, but dont fall for it at the start it seem all nice and smiles, but whatever said underneath is totally diffrent
A very friendly and relaxed working environment with plenty of supervision and management. Great bonus scheme and a well structured development and training programme for those willing to take part.
When I got the job it was a 5 man team with a good team leader who had vast and related experience and also very good people skills. unfortunately, we brought on a new Service Delivery Manager and Director of IT who between the two had very little knowledge of IT and were not willing to listen to ideas other than their own. soon after my team leader left, and a project manager, again who had no experience in IT. things quickly went downhill, the job queue went up, the benefits went down and despite taking on a lot more responsibility with people leaving, there was no compensation. I left shortly after as the job became untenable. .
Treated like you are replaceable, never given chances to progress, especially if you are a younger employee. Management is a total sham and do not care about their employees
This company promotes annual bonuses up to 20%, but in reality you are highly unlikely to achieve even half of this (if anything). Annual pay rises are rarely given, with many people having been there 4+ years without ever receiving one. The directors have relatively little experience at that level (the longest being less than 3 years). Whilst they promote being people-focused, in reality, this is usually not the case either. Combine this with an annual "churn" of over 50% of staff and you'll get an understanding as to why this is not the best of companies to work for.
For the most part I enjoyed my time working at Minster Law. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and the training programme was great. Progression within the company was attainable through hard work and the pay was fair for the role I undertook. Management were great, though there was a lot of micromanagement. The role was a mix of data entry and call center style work. Logging vehicle accident claims.
Pros
Staff, Management, Wage
Cons
Micromanagement
Constantly set targets that are practically impossible to achieve, and then management don't want to know when you attempt to explain why they couldn't be met. The company offers lots of benefits to the staff but I'm convinced this is done out of guilt as the higher-ups know how bad the job is. Myself and my colleagues are underpaid. Everyone in my department is looking for a new job. I have never felt so miserable working for a company as I have at Minster Law Solicitors.
Pros
Free fruit, annual fun day
Cons
Underpaid, poor management
I was there for almost 3 years and it meant nothing to them. The office floor is loud and managers stroll around chatting garbage. Pay is low and bonus scheme is dreadful. Makes it difficult for those that consistently do their job and do it well. Must go "above and beyond" but difficult to do when you have to deal with the massive back logs.
Pros
Yearly Ball
Cons
low pay
This is an honest unbiased review of my personal experience working for this company over a three year period. Bullying, discrimination, intimidation and favouritism really is rife. If the majority of the management teams don't know you from ''T' Manor'' you won't stand a chance! It's nothing more than a glorified call centre and the job is very much target driven. Barely literate management / so called coaching & development team. Inordinate amount of managers with no real management background or even education. A rather strange bunch of whom I know two who have previous criminal records for fraud... go figure...
Pros
The free fruit is ok however plenty of companies these days offer that!
Cons
From car parking being an issue to the colour of your skin being a bigger issue
  1. Employee reviews