Mint People

Mint People Employee Reviews

United Kingdom124 reviews

venueshifttransportlovelyeventagencypicktravel

Mediocre and sneaky

Everyone I worked with was pretty unhappy to be there. Even the managers were unenthusiastic and reluctant to help. They also then underpaid me because I was 20. Equal work should always mean equal pay but in this case they’d actually told me I’d be paid the 21+ wage and then went back on it after the shift. I had to email twice and call 3 times to fight for my full pay. Got it over a month later. There are plenty of other event bar companies also gagging for staff who pay fairly! But if you like being exploited, mint have plenty of shifts available and will text you about them relentlessly. Just remember to take any promises with a pinch of salt. On the positive side, the work was easy, you get lots of hours and they were good with giving breaks. Would I recommend it? Only if you are desperate (and over 21!).

Do not work here

They Cancel shifts on arrival , Complete lack of training and communication. Seems like an easy and enjoyable job but honestly don’t waste your time. Don’t pay correctly either and have to hassle to receive the money you work for.

Insights into Mint People

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Fast-paced

I have worked as bar staff at different festivals with Mint and it can be very fast-paced, we often felt like there was no time to leave for a toilet break etc. because queues are constant! Overall I've had a positive experience with Mint but my main advice is stick up for yourself! They will take advantage of you in terms of allocating breaks if you're not careful, so know what you're entitled to! Similarly, take a photo of the timesheet on the day or they may pay you for less hours than you worked.The shifts are fun if you like a fast-paced environment, and everyone I've worked with has been really nice! The flexibility of the shifts is the main attraction.

It's just on big Family

Mint people are the best people I have ever worked for!I can not fault the opportunity to choose where I work and gain all sorts of experience with out getting bogged down with the stress of working in one place!

Pros

I choose my work

Fun and good experience

It’s a good experience sometimes hard and annoying but you can meet new people all the time and it’s good for futureIt’s good for beginners to learn

Do not pay on time

The company on various occasions have not paid on time. I was called at 6am for a shift they even got me a taxi there and back. When it came to paying me for the shift they asked for evidence and refused to pay me. I am currently going through another instance of them not paying, it is common within the company for staff to not be paid, which is unacceptable and must be revised. However this has been an issue for years within the company and I believe management are aware however do not tackle it because they are paid regardless. Any other agency working at the same site treats their staff better and even pay them weekly. (Mint pay every other week; fortnightly)

Pros

Travel, although I have experienced a 16hour day. For a 10shift. mint coach is usually the last to leave

Cons

Good luck getting paid half the time

Very fun and interesting workplace

Shifts are always busy and keeping you on the move! There is always a variety to the work offered, from bar work to waiting on work! The management are always helpful and keen to get me on shifts that come up.

Friendly and Supportive

Mint People provided me with the freedom of choosing whenever i wanted to work and they were very helpful with any queries i had. They always communicated very well with any changes within shifts

Productive and fun workplace

Good work life balance and treats staff well, and flexible. Good perks and provides progression if you work hard and show willing. Always team building exercises.

Love this company & their ethos!

Best company ever!Great team who are warm and friendly!Work at fun events. Love the people I work with.Management always on hand to help - they must never sleep!Hope to carry one working with Mint until I graduate in 2024.

Pros

Fun shifts with fun people

Cons

Lots of phone number to save

Good company to work for

This is a really good company to work for everyone is really helpful and welcoming.Couldn't ask for a better place to work they offer great work to life balance as well as comprehensive training and generous pay packets

Class place with class people

A Company that is flexible when it comes to studying my AAT and taking my exams. Top class people who are helpful and easy to get on with. Place where if you work hard they reward a lot.

Find another agency this should be a last resort

Worked here for 3 months alongside other agencies and this has to be by far the worst one I’ve worked for. No interview process, just text someone who registers you with no need for references or evidence of experience. You get 10 texts a day from different people at Mint telling you about shifts they need staff for, despite there being an app you can view them on yourself. When you need to get hold of someone you have no single contact and nobody responds to you when you text or call them. There is no direct management for any help with issues. You show up to your shifts and end up waiting around for an hour while they check everyone in. The mint rep at the events doesn’t know what’s going on. The companies you work for don’t care about you, expect you to work at full speed for them at minimum wage, often without giving you a break yet this is still deducted from your pay despite not having one and being told by the company it’s too busy for you to take a break. The staff they hire have no bar experience and Mint don’t provide training so if you’re experienced expect to work twice as hard and be a teacher while you’re at it. Not helpful in a fast paced stressful environment.Not worth the stress and hassle for minimum wage, find a better agency that pay you well and ensure you get breaks.

Fun

Was very easy to get in but hard to get actual jobs or shifts at different venues but was fun in terms of making new friends and such. I would recommend this job to a friend who isn’t looking for a secure and guaranteed job

Great place to work as a young person/student.

Very flexible hours and locations. All staff I worked with were very nice: there were a lot of students and generally decent people. Management tended to be great but I had one incident where I was promised dinner but it couldn’t be done during the shift. I’m sure there was a solid reason for this miscommunication but it left me in a foul mood when it got to 10pm and I still had another couple of hours of work to do before the wedding was over. I’d recommend eating before going in even if food is promised.

Pros

Generally free food. Great work environment with a lot of flexibility.

Cons

Occasional management error. (This should be expected with a large company.

Festival Team MemberI literally LOVE working for Mint!They work at the best festivals and their staff welfare is better than any company I have ever worked for! I worked for HAP for a while and the way they treat their staff is no comaprison to how good mint are to their team! With HAP you are just a number but with Mint you really feel valued and integral to their team!They pay the best and their managers are on call 24/7. They are always there to help and support too!I would recomend Mint time and time again!

Fun Work Place

Great place to work managers always really helpful with any issues and always at the end of the phone to help with anything you might need. You get the chance to meet some amazing people and work at some amazing venues.

Great Place to work and Super flexible

Loved my time here, met some great people whilst working here. Never had any issues with pay was alway paid on time and the correct amount. Works at so many locations across the country as they provide transport to venues! The managers were always super helpful and on hand if you needed anything! Would recommend working for them!

Pros

Work at Great Venues, Meet great people, pay is good too

Cons

Do not pay staff on time, if ever

They do not pay the staff on time, sometimes they just don't bother paying. There was no management and very poor communication. Other agency work is much better, I recommend HAP events over mint as they pay staff on time and are much more organized.

The BEST Agency Company .

Working for Mint People was the best experience. The whole Team is like one Big family, From managing directors to Operations executives. Its fun, Fast paced and you can have great relationships with other colleagues and staff members. Its defiantly like no other, the atmosphere, the loyalty of the team, the dedication. - I love Mint People.

Pros

Everything.

Cons

No Cons

Actually weren’t that bad now that I think about it

For anyone needing extra cash I’d say go for it to be honest. Sometimes the pay mightn’t be amazing but it’s certainly better than what most places are offering.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mint People. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement