Mint People

Mint People Employee Reviews

Awful communication

DO NOT WORK FOR MINT. The hours were extremely long but that wasn’t a big problem as I wanted to earn the extra money. However, their communication is absolutely dreadful. They originally told my friends and I that black shirts were the uniform only to change a few days before the event which was a large inconvenience. Furthermore, they originally told us the pay would be £8.50 an hour which they then changed to £7.50 an hour. We were lied to. Only positive review is that the staff and managers were lovely and made us feel very comfortable.

Pros

Lovely staff

Cons

Bad communication

Stay away

I have worked for this company for a couple of months and its nothing but trouble! I was booked into work at an event, i was left waiting at the pick up point from 8:45 - 11:00 with no communication from the company. I had to get in touch and ask them whats happening to be told i may as well go home because the driver isnt coming to pick me up. I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and go back the next day where i waited 2 hours and the driver was extremely late which made us all late to the event to be nearly turned away by event security for being so late! After the shift we all had to wander around the city to find the pick up points for the taxis to go home and we were all left waiting about an hour and a half in the cold. There is no communication, hours are long and stressful and the communication is absolutley dreadful! Also, you are promised transport to events but this isnt the case, they expect you to make your own way there and you can be booked onto a event which is almost 3 hours away which is disgraceful, unsociable finishing times to transport home would be impossible. I have been waiting for a shift for months and got no work at all. they cant even be bothered to arrange transport for their staff. DISGRACEFUL COMPANY!

Pros

Some staff you travel to work with are lovely

Cons

Long hours, overworked, unfairly paid, terrible communication, unorganised

Management is very poor

I would have at least 5 different numbers asking you to go work, go to work only to find out someone else has taken your shift that you were promised from yesterday. Pay is poor.Bad communication.Honestly the amount of numbers that would call/text you was just really annoying (I felt like I was in the drug cartel).Would not advise you to work for them, even if push came to shove.

Pros

Good breaks

Cons

Terrible pay

Work well

I am really hard work age love work. I would every day if I could And I lovely work with people and I am so friendly and help as well. And I work for Northampton saints last year every one I work with was so so friendly hopefully to go back their again. So lovely job.

Pros

Nice to work for

Cons

Long

Fun, fast atmosphere

I love working here, it’s really easy to make friends as every shift can be at a different location. Free transport is available for some locations however not all which is why it’s is hard to find shifts most of the time. It’s very great if you can drive if not then it is hard to get a shift.

Pros

Free lunches, friendly customers and employees

Cons

Transport not provided for most shifts

Productive and flexible job

Working with MINT helps to manage time well. The only thing that wasn't suitable for me was the the travelling but most times, they provide transport for it

Pros

Very Flexible Hours

Cons

Constant travelling

bad pay and no tips allowed, very long hours on your feet

I was searched about 4 times a shift as they kept suspecting me of theft when I was simply just working. Each shift would be a total of around 15 hours start to finish but you are only paid for around 10 hours.management never know what they are doing as they change each shift and have no accountability.hours and hours on your feet with only one break (2 at a push)only plus is that you can pick and choose when you work.

Pros

flexible shifts

Cons

long hours, bad pay, no tips, constant searches, bad management, understaffing

Poor communication/ poor payment system

First of all, by working with mint, you should expect not to be paid in full sometimes. It happened for me several times, to have my timesheet, clear and documented, but they refused to pay. I everytime contacted them, but then nothing happened afterwards. So you have to be careful about this. Furthermore, the communication is below zero. There are several agents working for the agency. When they need staff, they text you. However, for any reason, if you need to make a query, most of the time, after thousands of texts and calls, you never get a response. Furthermore, you don't normally have job security. It happened for me that my shift has been cancelled within 1 hours to the start of my shift without any explanation or apology. Also, some weeks there may be shifts, the other week nothing. No security i would say.The positive point is that in some of their positions, the pay rate is nice.

Cons

Poor communication, poor payment system

Terrible cowboy company

A bunch of untrustworthy people telling you whatever you need to hear to get you signed up and then the reality is very differentThe work that they promised will be in your area is 30 miles away and for less money than they stated and for one day onlyA bunch of lying cowboys, nothing more to add

Pros

I got out

Cons

Everything else

really poor experience in WEST YORKSHIRE at a school, at a hospital and at a restaurant

more than 5 catering assistants had mentioned they did not receive a salary pay, also this is quite strange that all the jobs i did and others did we had to say we were coming from compass group, when compass group hardly partners with people on a regular basis, between 2020 and 2021 mint people have recruited people i referred and have not paid any of them, when i joined in february they did not pay and they cancelled shifts and they overbooked some shifts, NOT VERY GOOD AGENCY REPORTING ASAP

Jobs at Mint People

See more jobs

Find another job

You don’t get the hours/money you are promised. The communication between employer(Mint people )client(location) employee (you) is non existent. No job security either If there was a way to zero rate it I would.

Trash,Only good to socialise

Managers don’t care,they make you work many hours,Only good thing is getting to travel and meeting new people,they love employing young teens as it’s probably their first job experience.

Pros

Met new people, travel taken care of

Cons

Pay, long hours

Average

Very inconsistent shifts. There are not always shifts in my city/area so I can go months without work as it is difficult to travel during corona. Majority of shifts pay at the national minimum wage, however some average around £9-£12 an hour. Every time I have worked it has been an enjoyable experience and staff have always been friendly.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Inconsistent shifts, unreliable

Not worth it

Would advise you to look for something else, they pay really bad and your whole day is gone especially when going outside your city to work. Work is quite stressful as well

Pros

Sometimes free lunch

Cons

Long hours and bad salary

Good for filling gaps in your cv

I liked the experience. Easy communication. Great app (PARiM). Lots of shift. It’s perfect for anyone who doesn’t want gaps in their cv. In between jobs.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

No lunch

fun work place and friendly colleagues

A typical day would be very fast paced but also very relaxed at the same time. Each time I was at a shift there was always staff there to help if you struggled with anything and the colleagues are super friendly. Mint People are a great company to work for if you need a part time job that helps people that need flexible hours as you can pretty much just choose your own shifts. One of the best shifts I had was at Eventcity, which I have done multiple shifts at, and the Christmas parties were fantastic. I would highly recommend Mint People as they give you an opportunity of a lifetime.

Pros

Great colleagues

No clue

They don't back there staff ,they over book employees an some have 2 go home an they never apologize for their wrong doings when in the wrong !!!!!!!!

Pros

Pick days

Do not work for these guys

Applied through the agency and was sent to Wigan. The guy who organised the workers was a lost cat, didn’t even have our names down. Was sent to the hotel, did the hours which was more than required, and didn’t even get paid for it. Do not apply with these guys, management is horrendous and won’t even pay me after appealing several times. DO NOT WORK HERE! I repeat

Pros

Making new friends

Disrespectful and annoying

Your usually reserved shift can be cancel at the last minute. I learned about how some bar and catering skills. disrespectful, unprofessional and rude. Work place is alright. Communicating with managers cuz they don't listen or care about you at all. going home from a shift so u don't need to deal with the management.

Pros

Cons

No free lunches, either very long or either short hours, take money out of your wages for travel and much more.

Definately Do Not Recommend

Would not advise anyone to work there if you want solid hours and reliable communication. Completed 2, 12-hour shifts in March with this company and still have not been paid. I have tried contacting everyone I have numbers and emails for and they have all ignored me. They tell you last minute when the shift is cancelled or have changed and when you can't make it to the changed location they continue to ignore you. I was based in Nottingham and Leeds for those wondering. Very unprofessional. Very rude. Still waiting to be paid.

Worst agency there is

Unprofessional and unreliable. Agency had ‘texted’ to cancel my shift very last minute and then after tried to send me somewhere else which is further away and cannot travel to. Find work somewhere else!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mint People. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement

Compare Mint People with

• Mint People
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?