Mint People
Happiness score is 46 out of 100

Mint People Employee Reviews

United Kingdom89 reviews

Not always a job available

This job is good if you don’t really want that much work however you may not get a job for weeks which isn’t good especially if u want a good income. The group interview was very long and there was a big gap from the training session till my first job so i kind of forgot the training I received but they do send an email with the training (written)

Beware of roll-up pay

Just like any other agency, just beware the pay rate is roll-up to include your holiday pay, so not transparent and very dodgy. Expect early hours text to confirm shifts.

I just shut my mouth ,I can’t say anything

I can’t say anything . This company pay so less as well i never feel comfortable with them like employers never picked calls,Whenever they need workers they call so much overall i never recommending anyone to join this company.

Pros

Na

Cons

So many

Not good

No Jobs & bad management . Shifts cancelled all the time. Shifts too far away & sparse. Not reliable source of income. Not paid enough. Wouldn’t recommend.

Not enough shifts

In 1 month I was given 2 shifts which is ridiculous. They short-pay a lot of their staff. They will have you waiting 2 hours for transport after a shift.

good

Good for students because you pick you shifts.Don't really learn muchDon't really see the managersEasy jobBoring at times depending on where you work

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Don't always get shifts

Flexible

you work when you want to do that’s quite good as it’s flexible, especially as a student. however, there aren’t many shifts and the cancel last minute very often

Worst agency

Worst agency to work for. Management are rude and don’t care about their staff. Pay is always late and incorrect also had a few shifts that they are refusing to pay me for. Been left for hours after long shifts waiting for transport and can never speak to anyone to find out where transport is.

Pros

Cons

Awful management, late or no pay

Awful company

Won’t pay you for the shifts you work and when you ask them about this they will ignore your messages.Management don’t care about their staff or clients.

Pros

Cons

No pay, Rude management

Productive and fun work place

Brilliant company to work for. Exceptional staff members, the willingness to team bond and progress together is great. Small or large team, we get the job done no matter what. Excellent comminication within all staff. Great to work for

Agency work for usually bar staff

Transport was usually provided. Pay was good. Meet new people. However the card machines were not reliable. Serving the basic drinks. Learn till work and how to change bottles.

Pros

Free meals. Sometimes meals from on site. Good pay. Work when you want to work.

Cons

Long hours and on your feet the whole day.

Incompetent recruitment staff, incredibly poor communication and diabolical management

Stay well clear of this joke of a company. Never respond to your calls, messages or emails. Cancel jobs because they’ve double-booked people with zero notice. Provide as little information as possible so you don’t have a clue what you’re meant to be doing.

Pros

None what-so-ever, never take work from these incompetent clowns

Cons

Don’t care about their workers, very rude on the phone whenever you are finally able to get someone to answer, if you don’t go to voicemail you’re on hold minimum 10 minutes, always ignored

A fun work environment! Everyone is like one big extended family and supports each other to get the job done

Working for Mint people is different everyday! You have great opportunities to progress in the company. The team is so supportive and make sure working is enjoyable with social opportunities too. The support and training to achieve your full potential from management is always top notch

Pros

Team socials Working hours -life flexibility Managing your own work load

Cons

Like any job it has it busy periods but everyone supports each other

Mint people are a great company to work for!

Mint people are a great company to work for!It is one big family, they are always offering progression and chances to increase earnings and job roles.All the staff are friendly and welcoming.They offer great training and flexibility when it comes to working from home and in the office balance.

Pros

Flexibility Staff Moral Pay

Friendly and Fun Working Environment with Progression Opportunities

Amazing working environment. Being part of the Mint family has really helped me develop my expertise within finance with constant support from higher management to meet my goals and targets in life.

Pros

Dress down Fridays Trips away with the team Career progression

Bad

Overall it was good at first. I had a large range of shifts. A month into when I started working they would randomly cancel my shift and never pick up the phone when anyone would call.

Pros

Choosing when you work

Cons

Never having shifts Managers never responding

flexible, great pay, great place to work!

I love working for mint they’re very fair with their wages, have amazing office staff and lovely venues. Very flexible hours, meet some lovely people and gain many transferable skills. Weekly pay and bonuses on busy weeks and certain times of year.

Pros

Flexible, lovely staff, meet new people, free lunches, great salary, weekly pay, gain new skills and experience.

Cons

Pay can be wrong (resolved by calling office), shifts cancelled last minute (will pay 2 hours and find alternative work)

Dont like paying on time

The only reason I left is cause one week you would get paid and the next you would not also spend hours on the phone trying to contact payroll to sort it out would not recommend this company to anyone else

Cons

Pay

Strenuous, demanding, unrewarding

I started here at the same time as two other people in the offices in Warrington, and by the end of the month we had all left. Work hours are extremely long for low pay, and workload/stress scales terribly to pay rate. Management was condescending and intimidating, frequently piling on lots of extra complicated work before leaving without explaining how to do it. Working here for the month was one of the most stressful events of my life and caused me to fall ill. The working from home opportunities and family atmosphere that I was promised in the interview bore no resemblance to the reality of the job, with the interview promising two or three days per week working from home, yet when asking for the chance to work from home I was interrogated with invasive and unprofessional questions about my home situation.

Pros

Beautiful office

Cons

Very long hours, intolerable management

The work we do is very productive, it’s easy to get on with and not compatible. Customers are always satisfied with what they receive.But the pay rate could of been higher

Not the best

With Mint you have “guide times” as to when your shift will start and finish and then days before the shift changes so if you aren’t available that whole day its better you don’t apply to work that shift. I’ve had to cancel many as they change to start earlier and couldn’t get childcare at that time it had been changed to.

Pros

Pay is good.

Cons

Long hours, no break at all & shift time change

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mint People. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Mint People with

• Mint People
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?