Mint People

Mint People Employee Reviews

Very inconsistent shifts. There are not always shifts in my city/area so I can go months without work as it is difficult to travel during corona. Majority of shifts pay at the national minimum wage, however some average around £9-£12 an hour. Every time I have worked it has been an enjoyable experience and staff have always been friendly.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Inconsistent shifts, unreliable
A bunch of untrustworthy people telling you whatever you need to hear to get you signed up and then the reality is very differentThe work that they promised will be in your area is 30 miles away and for less money than they stated and for one day onlyA bunch of lying cowboys, nothing more to add
Pros
I got out
Cons
Everything else
more than 5 catering assistants had mentioned they did not receive a salary pay, also this is quite strange that all the jobs i did and others did we had to say we were coming from compass group, when compass group hardly partners with people on a regular basis, between 2020 and 2021 mint people have recruited people i referred and have not paid any of them, when i joined in february they did not pay and they cancelled shifts and they overbooked some shifts, NOT VERY GOOD AGENCY REPORTING ASAP
Cons
You don’t get the hours/money you are promised. The communication between employer(Mint people )client(location) employee (you) is non existent. No job security either If there was a way to zero rate it I would.
Cons
Managers don’t care,they make you work many hours,Only good thing is getting to travel and meeting new people,they love employing young teens as it’s probably their first job experience.
Pros
Met new people, travel taken care of
Cons
Pay, long hours
Would advise you to look for something else, they pay really bad and your whole day is gone especially when going outside your city to work. Work is quite stressful as well
Pros
Sometimes free lunch
Cons
Long hours and bad salary
I liked the experience. Easy communication. Great app (PARiM). Lots of shift. It’s perfect for anyone who doesn’t want gaps in their cv. In between jobs.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No lunch
A typical day would be very fast paced but also very relaxed at the same time. Each time I was at a shift there was always staff there to help if you struggled with anything and the colleagues are super friendly. Mint People are a great company to work for if you need a part time job that helps people that need flexible hours as you can pretty much just choose your own shifts. One of the best shifts I had was at Eventcity, which I have done multiple shifts at, and the Christmas parties were fantastic. I would highly recommend Mint People as they give you an opportunity of a lifetime.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
They don't back there staff ,they over book employees an some have 2 go home an they never apologize for their wrong doings when in the wrong !!!!!!!!
Pros
Pick days
Applied through the agency and was sent to Wigan. The guy who organised the workers was a lost cat, didn’t even have our names down. Was sent to the hotel, did the hours which was more than required, and didn’t even get paid for it. Do not apply with these guys, management is horrendous and won’t even pay me after appealing several times. DO NOT WORK HERE! I repeat
Pros
Making new friends
Cons
Your usually reserved shift can be cancel at the last minute. I learned about how some bar and catering skills. disrespectful, unprofessional and rude. Work place is alright. Communicating with managers cuz they don't listen or care about you at all. going home from a shift so u don't need to deal with the management.
Pros
Cons
No free lunches, either very long or either short hours, take money out of your wages for travel and much more.
Would not advise anyone to work there if you want solid hours and reliable communication. Completed 2, 12-hour shifts in March with this company and still have not been paid. I have tried contacting everyone I have numbers and emails for and they have all ignored me. They tell you last minute when the shift is cancelled or have changed and when you can't make it to the changed location they continue to ignore you. I was based in Nottingham and Leeds for those wondering. Very unprofessional. Very rude. Still waiting to be paid.
Unprofessional and unreliable. Agency had ‘texted’ to cancel my shift very last minute and then after tried to send me somewhere else which is further away and cannot travel to. Find work somewhere else!!
Spent ages filling in documentation for them after applying to a job that said ‘we work around your schedule - flexible working’. Explained I had a baby and so just need to sort out childcare. They called me 12 hours before a shift and said they had booked me in for a 12 hour shift.... Daneche from mint was extremely rude, and so after all the time applying and running around the job wasn’t what they had promised at all.
they ask if you want to work tomorrow and then they don't speak or you are almost ready to go to work and then you canceled your shift and u need sort diffrent work because they dont give you hope to something
Working with Mint is easy, flexible plus you will learn a lot of new things. Not suitable for a living as you depend on available shifts. Also shifts can be changed or cancelled at any moment even on the day.
Mint supervisor or management should bk their staff but they dont an talk to u horrible some off them they just dont think about things an their staff
They confirm your shifts and if you make your way there there's a high tendency to tell us to leave.usually they book on spare people for shifts which is understandable however they would not pay for your transport or effort if you are sent back home. Arc on the other side would pay for it and are very much helpful to their staff. They pay minimum wage.
Not even been paid yet from two months ago!! Pain to contact the company but they’ve been polite to be fair. Flexible and I like zero hours contracts.
Overall pretty bleak, you know you are really scraping the barrel when you are working there. The only thing that makes it mildly worth it is the opportunity to meet so many different people, no one is ever boring and everyone tries to stay positive about doing 'slave labour'. The pay is minimal, work hours extreme (I've done 14hr shifts) and varies in availability. I would often get rejected from shifts, then offered to go to a Manchester event for the day. You have to pay for transport to the venue, and half the job is waiting around in the cold waiting for your shift to start. When the shift is over they drop you back, but some nights we would literally get dumped in the center of the city at 1am. Its grim. Its slim pickings for shifts most days in the new year and spring, you cant live off this job. It tends to pick up during the summer and christmas. The rest of the year it is dead. However it is very flexible, so if your mum is telling you to get a job. This is pretty good as it is very flexible and teaches you a lot about different areas of hospitality. But they also treat you like slaves, so yeah. There's that.
Securing a shift with Mint isn't easy. You never know if you will work and work is quite hard to come about other than major holidays. When you do work everyone is friendly and they try to make your shift as easy as possible for you. They do give you reasonable breaks. However the pay isn't good for the amount of shifts they offer.
  1. Employee reviews