Mint People

Mint People Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
2.8Pay & benefits

Productive and flexible job

Working with MINT helps to manage time well. The only thing that wasn't suitable for me was the the travelling but most times, they provide transport for it

Pros

Very Flexible Hours

Cons

Constant travelling

Fun, fast atmosphere

I love working here, it’s really easy to make friends as every shift can be at a different location. Free transport is available for some locations however not all which is why it’s is hard to find shifts most of the time. It’s very great if you can drive if not then it is hard to get a shift.

Pros

Free lunches, friendly customers and employees

Cons

Transport not provided for most shifts

bad pay and no tips allowed, very long hours on your feet

I was searched about 4 times a shift as they kept suspecting me of theft when I was simply just working. Each shift would be a total of around 15 hours start to finish but you are only paid for around 10 hours.management never know what they are doing as they change each shift and have no accountability.hours and hours on your feet with only one break (2 at a push)only plus is that you can pick and choose when you work.

Pros

flexible shifts

Cons

long hours, bad pay, no tips, constant searches, bad management, understaffing

really poor experience in WEST YORKSHIRE at a school, at a hospital and at a restaurant

more than 5 catering assistants had mentioned they did not receive a salary pay, also this is quite strange that all the jobs i did and others did we had to say we were coming from compass group, when compass group hardly partners with people on a regular basis, between 2020 and 2021 mint people have recruited people i referred and have not paid any of them, when i joined in february they did not pay and they cancelled shifts and they overbooked some shifts, NOT VERY GOOD AGENCY REPORTING ASAP

Trash,Only good to socialise

Managers don’t care,they make you work many hours,Only good thing is getting to travel and meeting new people,they love employing young teens as it’s probably their first job experience.

Pros

Met new people, travel taken care of

Cons

Pay, long hours

Average

Very inconsistent shifts. There are not always shifts in my city/area so I can go months without work as it is difficult to travel during corona. Majority of shifts pay at the national minimum wage, however some average around £9-£12 an hour. Every time I have worked it has been an enjoyable experience and staff have always been friendly.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Inconsistent shifts, unreliable

Not worth it

Would advise you to look for something else, they pay really bad and your whole day is gone especially when going outside your city to work. Work is quite stressful as well

Pros

Sometimes free lunch

Cons

Long hours and bad salary

Good for filling gaps in your cv

I liked the experience. Easy communication. Great app (PARiM). Lots of shift. It’s perfect for anyone who doesn’t want gaps in their cv. In between jobs.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

No lunch

Disappointed.

They confirm your shifts and if you make your way there there's a high tendency to tell us to leave.usually they book on spare people for shifts which is understandable however they would not pay for your transport or effort if you are sent back home. Arc on the other side would pay for it and are very much helpful to their staff. They pay minimum wage.

Horribly disorganised

Not even been paid yet from two months ago!! Pain to contact the company but they’ve been polite to be fair. Flexible and I like zero hours contracts.

Do it if you have no other option

Securing a shift with Mint isn't easy. You never know if you will work and work is quite hard to come about other than major holidays. When you do work everyone is friendly and they try to make your shift as easy as possible for you. They do give you reasonable breaks. However the pay isn't good for the amount of shifts they offer.

Good for your first job or for a little quick money.

They don't pay you enough for the work they expect you to do and when they need you to go to a different place other than Manchester they take money out of your pay.

productive and fun

It has alot of opportunities and you can meet many people who you can get along with. It can be too fast paced though with no breaks and long hours with no food.

Great job for students

Due to you being able to select the days you work, the job is very flexible. fast-paced and sometimes stressful but overall easy job to do. The pay was above minimum wage for my age and I thoroughly enjoyed working here, even though it was only temporary (Christmas period).

Fast pace, different place to work

You can chose shifts when you work and you meet great people, whilst getting great experience working in places you wouldn’t normally. The pay is minimum wage and the hours can be long, especially when your on your feet the whole time. Would definitely recommend for young people looking for extra work.

Pros

Great people, exciting job, free lunch tokens at events

Cons

Long hours for minimum wage

Good first job

Basic salary to gain experience and enable yourself to get a better job later in life. Long hours and management is a little hectic. Overall decent company

Pros

Easy to get

Awful

So many of us turned away without an apology after the shift had already been delayed by two hours and we had spent our own money on travel. We were all students and desperate for the money. They didn't even both replying after bringing this up with them.

Poor Pay and Poor treatment

I would give them a zero if I could. Mint is honestly the worst agency I have ever worked for. Why? 1. Minimum wage pay (Combined with the treatment of staff, I see no reason why anybody would work for them) 2. Treatment of staff. Yes I get that you have to overbook staff, but if a staff member has woken up at 3 am, paid for an Uber and has been told that they are not needed, they should at the Least get an APOLOGY and should have their travel paid for. 3. Exploit Staff. They use very young staff and also foreign staff aswell because they know that they don’t know about holiday pay. Other agencies will inform you about holiday pay or even include holiday pay in your pay. Not Mint, they won’t tell you anything and will secretly pocket it at the end of the financial year. 4. Constant Cancellation of shifts How can your shift be cancelled when you have even turned up to the venue earlier than everybody else? If that happens with other agencies they will pay you for some of your time. With Mint, again nothing not even an apology. It’ll just be ‘You’re not needed’. 5. Pay for Travel To me this is not such a big deal. You pay £4 for travel. But to think that with other agencies you don’t pay a penny, and the hourly rate is more it doesn’t make sense. Your clients pay you big money and you pay us minimum wage. The least that you could do is to pay for travel. I could go on and on and on. I honestly urge who ever is reading this to do your research and apply for other agencies. Not only do they pay MORE but they are ethical and the treatment of staff is better. I am -

Pros

Cons

Everything. Literally every single thing. No Cap.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mint People. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement

Compare Mint People with

• Mint People
  • Pay & benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?