mirus Wales logo
mirus Wales

mirus Wales Employee Reviews

Average to poor

My time has Mirus has been bearable but I know there are a lots worse houses than where I am. They are not the worst provider out there but they are far from the best and the senior management aren't present at all.

Pros

People service users

Cons

Pay, bullying, poor staff support and management from the top. They tell they don't ask or discuss.

8 June 2021
At mirus we are always interested to learn why staff leave us. In reviewing exit interview feedback we cannot see anyone has contributed within that process in line with the feedback provided below. If you could contact us at recruitment@mirus-wales.org.uk we’d be only too happy to send you a link to complete this.

Longest company I have worked for...says it all!

This is not endorsed and neither have I been asked to leave this. It's off my own. Mirus have been well established for more than 25 years and there is good reason why. They are trusted by the local authority and commissioning bodies to provide the best possible support. They have a lot of passion within the organisation and many of the support workers and managers go above and beyond. Mirus values are represented throughout and I am proud to represent an organisation that has won the Investors in People Gold award. I have seen a lot of staff being promoted up to team manager level. Our CEO was once a support worker, and shows how we have always invested in people throughout the years. You will feel lucky working for an organisation that has a lot going for it, provides flexibility, a wonderful home life balance - you can choose to work additional hours and I know this can impact on that balance, however they always ensure you have your annual leave and, have great support networks and fantastic management teams. Unfortunately, the happy "no" clickers and poor reviews are from individuals who have not represented our values and would rather show a vendetta than provide what's best for the people we support. We have over 500 happy staff and this shows through the Investors In People Report. I would encourage anyone seeing these poor reviews with a pinch of salt, and take the hunch to apply as this may be the best career you could ever have. When community heroes were recruited during the pandemic, a few of them have never looked back and loved their job taking on a support -

Pros

Great management team, amazing support workers, flexible company and very supportive

3 August 2021
Its great that long serving team members are able to share great experiences! There are others who have been mirus team members for similar periods of time and would, we are sure, be happy to share their positive stories.We would echo the message to get in touch and speak to team members, where you may be considering an opportunity with us!

mirus did well by me!

I liked the 12 years I spent at mirus - I would not and could not work for another similar provider, they are not as values based and the support I had within my team and from my manager really helped me every day to feel confident to do best by the people I supported.I loved the people I support, they were my life - I enjoyed supporting them and helping them make the right choices to go on and have the best life they can.If you are looking for a job, all I would say is mirus are a really good employer. I can see some people have had a negative experience, but I cannot disagree more from my own time there. Like Trip Advisor I have visited many hotels etc that received a poor review, and all I can say is that was not the case for me.Try them and see!

Pros

Free DBS; Free and paid training; strong management; they listen to you

Cons

The pay could be better, but for the sector they pay well

28 July 2021
This is a great story - Thank you for sharing!We hope it shows those considering us as a future employer, that we are passionate about supporting staff and people supported.

Inclusive supporting Organisation

I currently work for mirus and it saddens me to see the negative views. I have worked for mirus for over 5 years and it’s all been very positive. I work in the Aberystwyth area and there is a lovely culture and supportive team. We all work together and support each other. The charity is very valued based which I feel is important, people are supported well and are happy. Great place to work

Pros

Managers value the staff

Cons

Shift work

28 July 2021
We are happy to hear that you have positive experiences and are promoting the organisations values and supportive culture. We hope that this shows others that may wish to join us, how they could be joining a great team.

I have been with Mirus for almost 2 years

I have been with Mirus for almost 2 years and it hasn not been the experience I was hoping for. Poor training, poor support, poor management, poor for service users..

Pros

Service Users.

Cons

Most other things especially the management.

20 July 2021
We are disappointed there are a number of areas you are frustrated by and would actively encourage you to speak to someone or send your feedback via e-mail. We would appreciate the opportunity to look at these and support you.

I left recently, it feels good!

I didn't realise how bad this job was until I left it the service users were OK to work with though. Management were really bad and I'm glad to be free of it!

Pros

Service Users.

Cons

Everything and bad management and training, when it happens!

20 July 2021
We hope that you engaged with the exit process to allow us an opportunity to pick up any feedback. We wish you well in your next role.

Let down by Mirus!

I have done relief shifts for Mirus for many years but things have got worse and inconsistent and I don't think I'll work for them anymore. The Service Users are of course great and I'll miss some of them.

Pros

Inconsistent approach.

Cons

Bad planning and management.

14 July 2021
We understand there have been challenging times, but would encourage you speak to someone with any feedback or frustrations. We want to ensure staff are supported and wellbeing is key.

Mirus are not 'Great'!

Mirus, means 'great' or something I was told, but be warned, they brand themselves well and say all the right things but fail to deliver! All about image and not their staff!

Pros

Service users and some hard working staff

Cons

Everything else, cultur, image etc.

14 July 2021
We aim high and work hard to achieve the best we possibly can. If you feel we have failed to meet these high standards, please ensure you complete the exit process or feedback to us in a way you feel comfortable with.

Mixed experience for me.

I really enjoyed working with the service users but the support they got was inconsistent due to poor management. Staff pretty much did their own thing and the manager was just happy if shifts were covered. It just didn't feel right and in the end so I left.

Pros

Service users and a few hard working staff

Cons

Inconsistent and outright bad management

6 July 2021
We are always keen to support both staff and people supported and would encourage feedback through the exit process and even after. Please make contact to share so we can consider any learning.

Positive Challenge :-)

I am proud to work at this organisation, to be part of such a great team and to support amazing people. You never know what the day will bring but I like that! It can be challenging at times but this has really helped me to develop which has lead to a great opportunity to progress my career.

Pros

The people we support! Support from colleagues and management. Opportunities.

Cons

Unsociable hours but that’s social care - you don’t come into this if you want 9-5….

6 July 2021
We are very proud to hear that you feel you have a great team, and that your role provides you satisfaction and development. Wishing you all the best with the future with mirus.

Jobs at mirus Wales

See more jobs

Amazing company, ace morals and values

Absolutely love my job as an assistant manager! the company is great to work for, you have support in every aspect of your role. Managers and the area manager are always available to guide and support you through any issue doesn’t matter how big or small. I have worked for a different care provider in the past but can not boast enough about the morals and values Mirus with hold, they care so much about the people we support as well as the staff and staff moral, they empower people we support to learn new skills and live a independent life, as well as empowering staff to grow on their strengths and develop within the company.

Pros

Respect from management, support for staff empower people we support

6 July 2021
It gives us strength knowing we have great staff/teams, supporting people, we will continue developing and providing the tools for all to use in working together and achieving goals.

Great Organisation - Wish I'd never left!

I worked for Mirus for 2 years before I decided to leave and join another care provider closer to home to reduce travelling time/costs. Since leaving I've come to realise and appreciate just how person centred Mirus are to the people we support and their staff compared to similar companies. They are about empowering the people we support and also staff, ensuring you are listened to and also offering opportunities for personal development. There are times that things can be challenging like when someone phones in sick and a shift needs to be covered but the positives far outweigh the negatives! Management from my experience were very approachable and always to hand for advice and support. Definitely a big regret that I left and I'll be applying to return to Mirus as soon as possible.

Pros

Rewarding job, great opportunities

Cons

Short notice sick cover

6 July 2021
We hope to see your application soon, we are pleased that we have and continue to set good standards.

Rewarding and fun role

I had the pleasure of working for mirus as a community hero during the initial Covid outbreak. The staff went above and beyond for the service users and I loved every minute of my time with them.I will undoubtedly be volunteering for this charity whenever I have spare time. It’s the most selfless but satisfying job I’ve had.

Pros

Job satisfaction, brilliant colleagues

Cons

Long hours, responsibility

6 July 2021
We love that you got so much out of your time with us, as we always value our volunteers. The covid community hero's were however, a particularly valued asset at such a challenging time! Thank you.

I used to work here.

I used to work for Mirus but I wasn't there for long, maybe I was unlucky but they had poor management and they weren't at all friendly. They seemed more interested in Mirus and its image than the clients they support.

Pros

Clients

Cons

Managers

29 June 2021
We are keen to ensure all staff leaving us engage with the exit process to ensure all feedback can be captured. Please contact to share any feedback you may not have previously shared.

Pretending!!!

Ah yes their senior staff are the great pretenders, pretending that their doing well, they claim to be what their not you see!! Seriously going down hill but blacketed by spin and marketing!

Pros

Good liars!

Cons

Senior management

27 June 2021
We appreciate all feedback and would welcome this directly, via an internal channel. This would allow us an opportunity to understand any challenges or frustrations, and make any required changes.

Dreadful avoid this company

Avoid working for this company - especially the Brecon Powys area if you value your mental health and wellbeing. Managers are shallow minded and only interested in themselves and their weekends off and working around their families.They willl consistently contact you to work over time and rude if you dont when the complex services are hard going enough and in crisis. The manager will happily leave you cover the long shifts telling you that you cant leave shift until a member of staff comes in to relieve you off shift which doesnt happen leaving you there covering a 72 hr shift or more. The manager will then not answer their phone and on call will tell you to contact your manager. You cant win they dont care.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Leaving to avoud my own mental health bei g compromised by managers doing.

24 June 2021
We want both staff and people supported to feel looked after and able to manage their wellbeing. We would ask that any difficulties are discussed with direct managers initially and central support if needed.

Poor employer

Mirus are a poor employer because they don't manage their managers and let then behave badly towards support workers. They need to take a look at themselves instead of talking about how great they are.

Pros

The service users

Cons

Managers and senior managers

22 June 2021
We actively encourage employees to give feedback, and we will where a need is identified investigate.

Not my cup of tea anymore!

Mirus used to be better than it is now, there was a better culture and far more friendly people and managers than there are today. If people were happier then the clients in the developments would be happier too!

Pros

Clients

Cons

Back biting managers and staff

16 June 2021
We want to understand any challenges that people may currently face, so we can support by being aware of the details and acting accordingly. We welcome any feedback and are always open to change.

Disorganised!

Not the best place to work if you want to support people. They are disorganised and I've found the management too aggressive, they tell people what to do,they never ask.

Pros

Not a lot.

Cons

Pay, management

8 June 2021

I used to work here, beware!

It's been just over a year since I worked here and I'm really glad I left. It wasn't a very nice atmosphere and it was us and them with the managers, not the team approach that they'd like you to think. They're more interested in 'the company' than they are the people they support and staff.

Pros

Service Users and Support Workers.

Cons

Atmosphere bad pay and managers.

No no no!

Don't waste your time here, I did and I feel a lot happier now I've left. Management made me feel pressures as if I was doing something wrong. They are really short staffed and underskilled managers who don't know how to get the best from people.

Pros

Leaving!

Cons

Hours, Management.

8 June 2021

Ask a question about working or interviewing at mirus Wales. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9