mirus Wales
Happiness score is 47 out of 100

mirus Wales Employee Reviews for Manager

Not the best experience

People seem to say the same things over and over with little activity to improve how people feel which is a shame as the people supported are amazing and they can loose good staff who feel unsatisfied in their role. There are some specific staff in some departments who go the extra mile but in the main managers seem stretched /stressed

6 October 2020
HiWe appreciate your honest feedback. As a currently employee, I would encourage you to speak to your manager or HR about these concerns.We have an Employee Assistance Programme that is free to use for all of our employees and further information about this can be found on the Wall or given by a member of HR.Thank you for your review.

Inclusive supporting Organisation

I currently work for mirus and it saddens me to see the negative views. I have worked for mirus for over 5 years and it’s all been very positive. I work in the Aberystwyth area and there is a lovely culture and supportive team. We all work together and support each other. The charity is very valued based which I feel is important, people are supported well and are happy. Great place to work

Pros

Managers value the staff

Cons

Shift work

28 July 2021
We are happy to hear that you have positive experiences and are promoting the organisations values and supportive culture. We hope that this shows others that may wish to join us, how they could be joining a great team.

Mirus are not 'Great'!

Mirus, means 'great' or something I was told, but be warned, they brand themselves well and say all the right things but fail to deliver! All about image and not their staff!

Pros

Service users and some hard working staff

Cons

Everything else, cultur, image etc.

14 July 2021
We aim high and work hard to achieve the best we possibly can. If you feel we have failed to meet these high standards, please ensure you complete the exit process or feedback to us in a way you feel comfortable with.

Pretending!!!

Ah yes their senior staff are the great pretenders, pretending that their doing well, they claim to be what their not you see!! Seriously going down hill but blacketed by spin and marketing!

Pros

Good liars!

Cons

Senior management

27 June 2021
We appreciate all feedback and would welcome this directly, via an internal channel. This would allow us an opportunity to understand any challenges or frustrations, and make any required changes.

Great place to work. Job satisfaction is high

I have worked for this company for 20 years originally as a support worker then as a manager. I have worked in various areas of the company supporting different people. The support worker job is varied and exciting fast paced and people who work here make a real difference to people's lives. There is a structured training programme and registration process . Great place to work.

Pros

Good training programme

6 October 2020
Hi! Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoy working with us and we appreciate your 20 years service at mirus!

organisation with good values with focus on achieving real outcomes for the people they support

A great place to work with opportunities for career progression for those who are keen. The job is varied and the focus is where it should be achieving outcomes for the people supported to enhance their lives. Colleagues in all departments friendly and helpful. The day to day challenges are made much easier by a supportive team around you. Training and induction was positive and of good quality. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people we support and the job satisfaction of being part of a team of people who help them achieve their personal goals.

Pros

Supportive helpful colleagues. Being part of a team achieving real outcomes for people, regular opportunities for career progression

Cons

sometimes long hours

It's nice to work for a company that tries to live by its values

I've worked for mirus for about 18 months and have enjoyed every second so far. The teams I work are highly committed, and are always very supportive. The organisation really tries to put the things in place to support people to develop and achieve their potential. One impressive aspect of the organisation is that although mistakes will inevitably be made; there is a real willingness to positively learn from the mistakes. The learning opportunities available recognise that to support great employees, you need learning that extends beyond just the basic, core topics. I really feel the organisation is trying to continually develop on a journey, and isn't afraid of trying to break new ground. The work is demanding and challenging at times, but the satisfaction from helping and supporting people to improve themselves or others is a great pay-back. My manager is extremely supportive, providing a high level of freedom, trust, and support when required. A brief chat can sometimes make big challenges feel a lot more manageable.

Pros

Good values, positive culture, high satisfaction levels, good recognition & achievements programmes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at mirus Wales. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9