Mitchells of Mansfield ltd

Mitchells of Mansfield ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom13 reviews

Not bad for a new driver

Good place for a new driver. Poor hourly rate for the job. On a busy day could be 20+ drops and 8+ collections, but then on a quiet day could be 2 big drops and 2 or 3 collections. Overall the company is fairly well run and management are understanding of personal issues. Nice new or nearly new trucks. Could pay more.

If you want a pension and a baby sitter this company isn't for you

First job in the hgv industry... training was decent and had to do the hse mandatory work .. it took a day after going out for a week shadowing to make sure this is the right job ... during the interview I got told that I would be looked after and it was a honest interview no stupid promises just straight to the point I got offered £5000 more from a few other companies but I felt Mitchell's was a more honest company. Before I officially started I got covid and a pain in my abdomen on the Sunday the day before I started and they actually was sympathetic and very easy going..after waiting for the negative tests I worked for a week and on the next Monday the pain was unbearable I had appendicitis... the management was understanding and supportive fast forward 4 months and I'm still a happy working for Mitchell's.. its not 100% but no company is. Over all I'm very happy in the job management and office staff are good and I feel part of the team. If you are a lazy person and want everything on a plate this is probably not the job for you but if you don't want to sit on a motorway for 10 hours and keep moderately fit then this may be the job for you ... mentally it's easy and its a easy going company who do ivest in people and equipment... a very understanding and well managed company and is family proud and orientated... other companies pay more but as an overall experience working for Mitchell's I'm happy its a no bull company and is NOT full fake promises it's low stress and good exercise!

Good place to work for experience

Great friendly place to work with good help from all members of staff.Very honest approach to all staff issues.A place. Looked forward to going to every morning

Couldn't organise a p*$ up in a brewery!

Admittedly, pay has increased since I left however you could be paid £100/hr and it still wouldn't be enough to cope with the stress and disorganisation the management team throw at you. Great place of work to get on to the road and get driving experience, I'll give them that but if you have any respect for yourself or your mental health then get out when you can!

Just a number, that's all you are.

Looked down on.Planners that have never sat in a wagon.Poor wages.Expect between 20-30 home deliveries, in a 26t wagon, in Nottingham city centre, with 5-10 collections after.Yes they have new wagons and electric pallet trucks but that is literally it.

Pros

New wagon, electric pump truck

Cons

Pretty much everything

Worse then shocking

Dont ever even attempt to get a job with these scumbags. If you want a hgv job that pays a few pence above minimum wage, make out family come first when they dont give a toss, have morons who cwnt drive cars let alone trucks tell you what to do. Then go for a job here. This is by far the worst company in the east Midlands. The managers the biggest tool ever who will do anything to look good. Dont expect any help. There is a reason the staff turnover is so high here.

Pros

Leaving the company

Cons

The morons you work under, The pay £9.30 an hour is shocking get more at aldi stacking shelves, And it might be a family run business but they dont care less if your family ha e any problems.

Nice family run company

Could not fault them, get paid the minute you clock in untill you clock out, nice bonus too, new vehicles, 2 saturdays a yr on rota . Great company to work for.

Good place to work odd manager brings the company down

Ok until you want to advance within the job then its a excuse why its not possible to advance a few office staff need to respect the drivers a little more

Pros

Cons

Lack of respect at times

OK Job, better than some but not as good as they like to think they are.

Decent trucks now old ones have nearly all been replaced, wages for a job driving a truck not good enough. Always get to go home at the end of the day, no nights out but 11-12 hour days not uncommon. Paid straight through including breaks and overtime after 9 hours is good. Office and transport staff no idea how to drive a truck and will send you on silly deliveries where you wouldnt take a car let alone anything big. Middle management ok, top brass live in cloud cuckoo land in their expensive homes and cars which ordinary workers are knocking their pans out for. Could be a really good 4 star plus company but the people who run it dont know how to be!

Pros

paid straight through, go home every day (eventually)

Cons

cloud cuckoo management not in touch with workers

sensible hours, decent trucks

Probably the best palletised operators to work for in the Area Electric Pumptrucks so you aren't pulling your nuts out, New lorries built for the job with proper tailifts and reasonable pay rates. Only cover nottinghamshire and you get home every night and no real weekend work, does get busy and a little stressy at times. Lots of emphasis on training. payed straight through no deductions for breaks!!

Pros

Decent kit and home every day

Cons

Busy, 18-20 drops a day

lots of broken promises and unprofessional management

Rubbish salary with promise of decent bonus, but they reduce your bonus on any little mistake. They are not bothered if you have a problem with your wages, holidays and pension, just fob you off. Incompetent office staff, who have never been in a lorry, but think they know everything!

Pros

get to go home every night

Cons

bunch of liars and incompetent staff

underpaid, staff nice, rubbish wagons,

a good job if you like 20 drops a day in a city centre, moving ton bags of soil, stone or whatever with a pallet truck, a tail lift and a hope and a prayer. wages shocking, and they try and make you pay the excess on their insurance if you ever have any damage. staff alright but senior staff plead poverty and pull up in new sports cars etc. planner things wagons must have jet engines or be capable of slowing down time. worse then Taylors and thats saying something.

Pros

you get to go home at night

Cons

you have to go their in the morning

good place to work

I worked here off and on for about 5 years with agency and then on books . Great management . Really enjoyed my time there . Plenty of work and chance of extra overtime . Well maintained vehicles and always training you .

Cons

poor basic wage and bonus scheme

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mitchells of Mansfield ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Mitchells of Mansfield ltd with

Mitchells of Mansfield ltd Reviews by Job Title

Mitchells of Mansfield ltd reviews by location

Learn about Mitchells of Mansfield ltd in popular locations