MITIE Security

MITIE Security Employee Reviews

United Kingdom595 reviews

sitesecurityguardsiarubbishrotapatrolshift

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

I was a Test and Protect operative working on the COVID-19 test sites. We were given free lunch as an incentive which was good. A lot of jobs are temporary contracts normally 4 days on 4 days off. Job advancement is limited. You can get promoted to management level to become a 2IC or site lead however it’s not worth the responsibility for an extra £2.40 or the extra £5.40. Mitie offer decent work and guaranteed shifts at around 48 hours per week. You don’t get any extra hourly pay for overtime just your standard hourly pay that is stated in your contract. Management is a mixture of the good, the bad, and the ugly. You need to be extra vigilant cause some managers will weaponise the HR system. Hence you need to protect yourself cause HR investigate everything. Some managers are ok and will try and help you however these managers are a minority. Other managers can be on a power trip and those managers are well worth avoiding. I’d recommend joining a union to protect yourself cause management ‘don’t follow standard procedures’. I had problems with pay sometimes I wasn’t registered for overtime shifts. Payroll’s attitude is ‘oh well you will get your missing pay in next month’. Overall Mitie is a decent company not the worst but certainly not the best either. Your choice whether you want to become part of the MITIE family.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Management, Long hours, no extra hourly rate, payroll

Don't bother

Only get any chance of progression if you are related to the current management or are a full time ring licker! Diversity and inclusion only applies if you are asain, everyone else can jog on, you won't be listened too or supported.

Insights into MITIE Security

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Energising work tasks

Good company

Excellent company the best in uk paid at time and respect the staff give training assistant. The rota is very good you have opportunity for extra shift

There payment system is blind

Their payment system has a mind of its own. Good worker who travel long distances to work, flexible, noted for their good work are being paid the same as any other.

Working at work is friendly environment.

I loved working with team .understanding with management and staff. While working with mite security I learned to customers services, taking care of needy passengers, helping them what they need. I like to learn more while working at airport.i am healthy and fit .heard working.

Pros

Fee lunch break

Cons

10 hours

Friendly

Easy work ,long hrs not for those who like to party each weekend or young people. For those that have morgages , want to go to work not when they feel like it but for a reason

Management has gone horrendously poor

Worked at Warrington IBF site for 18 months, leaving the company as it has become so poorly managed but teenagers given roles because they cannot be bothered to train or recruit. Clearly nobody checking anybody's CV's. Senior management reward staff who complain with promotions or if your face fits. The management that were good that worked here have all left for better jobs,

Pros

Not expected to work much on shift, everybidy just chats

Cons

Long hours, boring, management team abandon staff and hide away watching movies for 12 hours

Good people, poor management

One of the worst companies I've had the displeasure to work for, not paid on time, under paid, wrong tax code as they never contacted the tax office, verbally abused by management and made to feel unwanted on site so I left to return to my original job before lockdown and have been much happier.

Pros

Cons

Long shifts

Enjoyed my time working for Mitie.

No problems with Mitie always paid on time. Managers OK but not exceptional. Found some staff I worked with very lazy with a don't care attitude. Would recommend anyone to give them a try.

Pros

1 hour paid lunch every shift.

Cons

Need to pay more.

They only care about themselves

They will hire anybody even if they are not interested at all in the job. They just want to fill the gaps in the store. The managers couldn’t care less about you unless they want something from you. You can only have holiday if they have someone to cover your shifts which is there problem not yours as you are entitled to your holiday. Can never get hold of your manager and get the impression they don’t even care. They will end up loosing all there long term security officers because they treat them badly . The lower manager is very weak and can’t even make any decisions for himself and the area manager just doesn’t care

Pros

Paid breaks

Cons

Poor management/support from Mitie and Sainsburys

Terrible company.

Worst employer I've ever worked for. People leaving in droves so it's difficult getting time off when you want it. Management is poor. Job is easy but tedious and long hours.

Really bad place to work

They could not organis any thing you can never get in touch with your ops manager and never get any support and they expect you to work though with no break .the way that see it eat when you can to some time you don't have the time and there is no support on site to help with breaks .the site I worked at anyway . So my advice stay away from them

Very bad at communicating

No comment from management.Poor verbal skills.Very poor pay for a government site.No pay rise in 2 years .People are good to work with but feels not nice.

challenging and competitive

It give you full competent in the role you are assign to play, the ability, knowledge and skill to do something successfully. Acceptable and satisfactory

The worst company I have worked for

the management are so bad they don't do nothing for you put hoilday in dont get them they want you to take them on your rest days never get your rota on time you have to phone up to see next time your in .never see your contact they lie to you cant trust them and you don't get a break. I broken my foot on site and I got a Disciplinary for it please don't work for this company

Pros

Cons

Read from above

Not fun

Managers do not care even if you get injuries performing the job role . Incompetent managers & offer NO TRAINING yet expect employees to restrain folk .

Pros

Non

Cons

Terrible management

Amazing company

I get paid a good wage for the work I do, they offer bids at the living wage rate ensuring good pay for people while driving industry standards higher. their benefit system is far better than any other outsourcer particularly in the security side of the business few competitors have a benefits system as good as Mities it shows they actually invest in their people cycling to work and a way to tap into worked shifts early meaning we can get paid earlier if ever needed useful for those who may need it. Further they will pay your SIA renewal licence fee, pay for your time and pay the course this is far better than any competitor. I am proud to say I work in a good place of work that actually invests in peope as their practices and ways of doing things actually reflect what they say they do.

Pros

Paid break, good uniform.

Cons

There not the worst company I've ever worked for.

I've worked for them for over a year and in that time I was promoted from retail security Officer to store detective. The company as a whole are very much corporate so you are just a name and number and you need to realise that. Although there are opportunities probably more then most there are other big contracts you can transfer to or everybody has the opportunity to try and get promoted. It all boils down to management though you won't be able to contact H.R everything sits with your manager so if you've got a good manager then your fine. Job it's self can be boring and you can sometimes feel like your hitting a wall when store doesn't support you but other then that you get paid decent money it's just keeping that motivation.

Pros

Money

Getting worse

This company is now figure driven regardless of ability or training you go to a job. They are only interested in meeting kpis and slas, regardless of jobs complete.

Excellent

I am very happy to work with this company as this company has lots of opportunities and mostly in all government sectors. plenty of choice when you transfer internally. Great balanced life and Co operating system.

Dont work for these

Never work for such a bad company as these never be if sick as u never get the right sick pay and if they can drop your holiday pay they will and if any happens its all down to you but if any medals to give out they are there first

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MITIE Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement