MITIE Security

MITIE Security Employee Reviews in Glasgow

Glasgow17 reviews

sitesecurityguardsiarubbishrotapatrolshift

Lousy company

Gain experience and leave. Simple as that. I'm leaving the first chance I get. Wages are rubbish. Anti social hours. Boys club culture. Managers don't listen. More intertested in their own stats. Trickle down moaning at people.

Good people nice vibe

Good time off relaxed atmosphereMoney not the greatest but plenty of overtime if you need it. Staff are good and a great bunch to work with. Distance might be a bit of a problem.

Insights into MITIE Security

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Toxic

Low pay no sense of belonging. Stressful and toxic management all they care about is getting the shift covered. They have their favourites who are well protected!

Pros

None.

Cons

Just a number only. No care for your well-being and mental health.

Amazing company

I get paid a good wage for the work I do, they offer bids at the living wage rate ensuring good pay for people while driving industry standards higher. their benefit system is far better than any other outsourcer particularly in the security side of the business few competitors have a benefits system as good as Mities it shows they actually invest in their people cycling to work and a way to tap into worked shifts early meaning we can get paid earlier if ever needed useful for those who may need it. Further they will pay your SIA renewal licence fee, pay for your time and pay the course this is far better than any competitor. I am proud to say I work in a good place of work that actually invests in peope as their practices and ways of doing things actually reflect what they say they do.

Pros

Paid break, good uniform.

Cons

The company have no duty of care you are basically a number

Shocking company to work for pay is low just like a lot of other security companies but that is the unfortunate thing until the government change the pay structure but as a company they are not great to work with

Cons

Only for people who love to work

Job is far too demanding. Will work you to death, expect 24hr availability and can be both stressful and boring in the same 12 hour shift. Don’t recommend it if you expect to have any sort of social life.

Avoid like the plague

Worst company ever management are bossy practically bully you to work endless shifts. And if you dare to say no they dont give you shifts. Then you end up in debt maybe homeless. The bosses talk a good talk but dont fall for their security in work and how they value and care for they're employees utter nonsense. Your just a body on a site for them to exploit with 18hr shifts or 4hrs pure joke I would a oid

Life at Mitie

Bully boy, no people skills, manipulative bosses who lie through their teeth. No progression (except for major brown noses). No life outside work and lousy pay. Some contracts better paid than others. In summary. Use for experience and dump them !

bad company

having suffered mental health problems the way i was treated after having a break off due to this was appauling, they have no interest in you at all. you are just a number who can easily be replaced.

Started out a nice site working under vsg until compass sold them onto mitie

Avoid company never could get manager but when he wanted something no problem there wages wrong since being taken over Never had the 5 on 5 off rota as promised at interview and having to cover people's holidays meant you never got our days off

Pros

Cons

Noting

Worst company I ever worked for

No home life, management don't answer or respond to any form of communication unless they want you to cover a shift. Poor rate of pay, difficult to get holidays approved. Regularly rota staff in for double shifts without letting them know. At interview I was told I would be getting a full time position actually got a zero hour relief contract. Do not work for this company

Pros

Very poor company to work for

Very bad pay rate, and they harass you into working your days off long hours, high expectations, managers are a joke you can't get hold of them or they fob you off, isn't like that when they want something act like your best pal for 5 mins

Pros

Hard to find any

Cons

Long hours very poor pay rate

not all bad to work for

I only worked with mitie for one year In that time the magement team. are so helpful in my day to day dutys.And I was paid on time. I think that mitie is a good company to work for

good company to work for

i have worked with Mitie security since 2008 and have left their employment via tupe. while working with Mitie i had been given the opportunity to work in many different sites and held positions within the company of security officer, undercover security officer, security controller and duty manager within both retail and corporate level. during my time within Mitie i was taught various skills including Management of staff, Alarm Monitoring Systems and Experience of Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel.

Ok company to work for

My time at Mitie was ok there was not much to complain about, there was plenty of work there for all the guards but the pay wasn't very good and the management could have been better.

security company

builds great teamwork abilities, meet some great people, can have the chance to gain s.i.a. licence, can be moved to different places

Pros

good salary

Cons

no set shifts

Newly moved to company under Tuped contract

I have only recently moved to company under a Tuped contract so things are still being sorted. There have been technological difficulties and some staffing issues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MITIE Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement