MITIE Security

Security Officer396 reviews
United Kingdom396 reviews

sitesecurityguardsiarubbishrotapatrolshift

Long hours shifts

To be honest, the job is good but not paid as per what actually we dealing with every day. The team is alright, until they whisper behind back. The management not very helpful!

Pros

Free coffee/tea and breakfast.

Cons

Long hours. Not enough pay.

Don't do it stay away

Worked for this firm for about six months would avoid at all cost. There motto is one team that's if you are in management as they don't really care about the general worker's

Insights into MITIE Security

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Can be productive through training.

Been with the company so long now. I've had issues with past ops managers. But that was a long time ago. And he was eventually sacked for reasons unknown to me. In general you get placed here there and everywhere at first. It can be difficult to find a permanent site. Though it can be rewarding and times have changed over the year's.

Pros

Good support network

Cons

Hours can be long and exhaustive.

Avoid at all costs.

Bad company to work for high staff turn over and has been for a few years now.,No job satisfaction, meaningless and pointless tasks. Guards sacked for no reason at all.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, rubbish pay

Bad communication with Management.

Very poor communication with management nothing in writing always had to chase contract change started as a relief guard then core guard no change of contract despite asking manager several times over last 4 years and going through mitie hub.I transferred from kent to Scotland turned into a complete mess bender up having to start again as a new starter after they didn’t pay me because they had me down as leaving and sent me a p45.Holiday pay is also a issue over the past 6 years I have gone from 28 days down to 20 always mid holiday term then struggle to book holiday only e we need up with 19 days over the last 2 years.

Pros

Cons

Bad communication with management mitie don’t give seem to care about anybody.

Worst company to work for

Worst company to work for. Long hours, pay is ok but you have to do a lot of hours to get a decent wage otherwise it would be rubbish take home pay. No work life balance Struggle to get holidays due to not enough staffZero progressionVery clicky and if your face fits sort of workplace

Great time here

I worked for Mitie for just a few months. But, I’m that time, I felt like this was a great job. Unfortunately, I needed something more local, and had to leave. When I got some freedom back, my job had been filled. Which I am not surprised with.

Pros

Great team, and good pay.

Cons

One person I worked with was a bit r@cist, which irritated me.

Good people nice vibe

Good time off relaxed atmosphereMoney not the greatest but plenty of overtime if you need it. Staff are good and a great bunch to work with. Distance might be a bit of a problem.

Bad workplace

Honestly sont get paid enough for what you have to put up with in the retail sector. I only recommend getting experience here then finding something better soon after.

Poor pay, pestered for overtime, very poor communication

Communication with management is none existing, wages hardly cover the cost of living unless your prepared to constantly work, will get constant calls for overtime regardless of making any plans and made to feel alienated if you can’t do it, not suitable for the younger people as there is lack of engagement

Pros

Easy money

Cons

Long hours, poor pay, pestered for overtime, no work-life balance

Avoid like a plague

I would never work here ever again if even at my lowest point in life. The rate of pay they offer and the labor required is not worth the effort needed of a security officer. I was at the bullring and was shocked when I was informed how many tasks I had to in one day to earn 11.00 an hour or leave the job. I was forced to leave the company because I was being set up by other colleagues.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Many of these people are hypocritical.

Very professional, great management team. Good bunch of officers on site.

Quite intense, lots to learn and high level of service expected. Good support form management team. Various other roles on site, good chances to develop. On line learning is rather extensive to begin with but becomes quite manageable after the initial rush

Pros

Good working conditions and staff.

Cons

Long hours, pay is just above minimum wage.

Diverse company

The company culture is good. They make a good effort to help their frontline staff. Uniform supplied. Holidays paid. Good management. Great work portal for booking on and eLearning

Pros

Free shares, Cost of living grants, uniform, paid breaks, shopping vouchers

Cons

Hours can be long

Your colleagues make the job .

Depends where you work and who your manager is . I’m lucky where l work , it’s a decent site and I have a good operations manager !! I can’t speak for any other sites as l’ve only worked on my current one !!

Pros

Good work / life balance . Also Mitie Discounts are good !!

Cons

Pay could be better to compensate for current cost of living .

Toxic

Low pay no sense of belonging. Stressful and toxic management all they care about is getting the shift covered. They have their favourites who are well protected!

Pros

None.

Cons

Just a number only. No care for your well-being and mental health.

Unorganised

Started job with very little training. When things started to go wrong , it didn’t seem like Mitie was taking accountability. From the office staff onwards, no one seems to know what they’re doing. Had to fill out my application form 3x as office staff kept messing up. Ended up being in the cctv room permanently as no one is trained (including ) as cctv security. Learn on the job for such a high security building is not good enough.

Great company but need to sort pay rate out

I have worked for this company for more than 4 years now and never seen a pay rise they don’t even give their employees night rate or premium rate over 48 hours which is unfair people who are working less hours are still getting paid the same as us security officers

Pros

Free shares

Cons

Long hours Minimum wage for security officers

Sainsbury contract

Sainsbury contract is stuck in there ways mitie jump at any reasonable request from them. Do not think of the security officers on duty sainsbury treat them badly. Mitie managers struggle to give there officers any work life balance if your face fits your be ok. Mitie pay on time and thats a bonus.

Can be long hours with bad management

For the first two weeks they will tteat you well, they will answer phone calls respond to emails, after that you'll be lucky if they answer a phone call, if your lucky you will get an email back within a week of sending one alot of the time you just won't get one back.Managers will change the stores you work in as well as you hours without consulting you or telling you.Alot of the time you get weekly rotas which only get done on a Thursday or Friday for the following week making it hard to plan anything.Holidays get rejected alot for no reason.You will get harassed on your day off to work if someone rings in sick and if you sick no matter what the sickness is you could even be your are being sick they expect you still to go in.Managers expect alot of favours but when you ask for one they can't really help you or its to difficult for them.Phone calls is how Managers will Communicate alot of the time so there is no paper trail of what was said.The stores you work in alot of the Managers there are beyond awful.If your face fits you'll be OK.

More like a prison than work

Where to start, well the managers dont care about the staff just ticking all the right boxes. Breaks, what are they?Fair rules applied to all, ye right. Have an emergency at home, finish the shift first. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS!

Pros

Na

Cons

Double standards at all levels

Appalling management

I worked at two different covid centres for Mitie.Every month I was underpaid and had to complain to get the correct rate.The job itself was very simple but the site managers made it very difficult. For every decent manager there was an obnoxious one.The area managers were a joke. They used to come to the site and hide in the managers office and never speak to the staff.They think they are an elite security company but most of the guards could barely speak English.Shift pattern changed twice without notice or consultation which really annoyed me.

Pros

Cons

Lots

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MITIE Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement