MITIE Security

MITIE Security Employee Reviews for Surveillance Operator

Surveillance Operator9 reviews
United Kingdom9 reviews

sitesecurityguardsiarubbishrotapatrolshift

Okay company to work for

The work environment is okay. Job is settled with guaranteed hours. No room for progression or to further enhance your personal development. Management doesn't care as long as someone fills the gap. No one to one meetings to discuss plans going forward

Pros

Paid breaks, regular hours

Cons

No progression. Very mondane and repetitive workload

Stay away from Mitie

If you know how to keep management happy . U gonna completely fine and ur job is secure if you start saying no to management. Then you start counting your days at work. Only you apply job here if you don’t notice around 1. U did not see anything 2. U didn’t hear anything One of worst place I ever worked in my life. You can’t even trust your friends once they find a chance they gonna run you over.

Insights into MITIE Security

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Excellent

I am very happy to work with this company as this company has lots of opportunities and mostly in all government sectors. plenty of choice when you transfer internally. Great balanced life and Co operating system.

Fair days pay for a fair days work

Supportive colleagues and management structure is a good working partnershipWork environment is excellent air con/heating recently upgraded and all usual facilities create a good working enviromentPlease note this opinion is for my site only and would not be fair to make comments on other Mitie sites that I have not worked at

It was a great leisure park to work on

Working with my team is what made the job so easy would have been better if they did adapt to the hours that we wanted at the time I'm and the pain could have been a lot better MITIE could have been a bit more better with certain aspects of the job but overall it was a pleasure working for them

Pros

I worked with a great team

Cons

Underpaid

Stressful, no change of progression

Was all good until recently got a new ops manager, just as bad as the previous one who was absolutely clueless at the best of times. Tema morale at all time low due to poor management and completely out their depth with the basic decisions.

Pros

Paid break

Cons

Long hours, bullied into extra shifts

Terrible company

Dont bother worse company i have worked for management could care less about the staff pay is terrible and you have to work ever hour under the sun...

Pros

Can have breaks when you want

Cons

Long hours, poor salary

Avoid

Worst decision I made joining, the rate sounds good but its 4 weekly and the promised overtime gets canceled. Management don't care about staff, your just a number to them. Your promised many things but nothing gets completed.Hire anyone, and have made new comers into security managers with no experience and expected to work above and beyond. Holiday is decided by manager not you. NOT JOKING!!Higher management have no clue what is happening as they are just sitting in an office in the city watching there bank balance climb.Please don't join as you'll be wanting to escape ASAP.

Pros

Cons

Stress, long hours, poor management.

Uncertain future,possibly making redundancies soon

I work in retail security. Can be quite challenging at times. There are two doors to the store, at certain times there is only one guard on duty so my observational skills have to be spot on. The hardest part of the job is people who become aggressive and violent, I feel I have developed my communication skills since starting this job so am confident in my approach to potential offenders. The most enjoyable part of the job is stopping thefts from the store.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MITIE Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare MITIE Security with

Learn about MITIE Security in popular locations

• MITIE Security
  • Surveillance Operator
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?