MITIE
Happiness score is 48 out of 100

MITIE Employee Reviews

Found 1,304 reviews matching the search
They certain treat you bad management wouldn't even listen to you even incase of emergency .they won't pay you Fare they will show they care but tbh they don't, they will tell you there are plenty opportunities in the field if you work for them but they won't let you involve in other courses definitely wouldn't recommend Avoid Avoide Avoid
After working six months place very cleaner ! Then new management never off your case still be working if got old manger , working in co op store staff not friendly
Pros
Early start
Cons
Hours brill
Left recently as had a covid test, which you must isolate until you get your results, company bullied me into trying to come into work whilst isolating, which I believe is illegal
Pros
Work outdoors
Cons
Very poorly Managed
Worked at a covid test site. Management is terrible and dont listen to you at all. The company couldn’t care about you at all. Zero concern for your health and safety which is really bad considering you work in a tent of people who potentially have covid. If you ever have concerns they tell you that you will be promoted soon just to shut you up and it never happens. Don’t expect to get paid correctly either. Total incompetence. If you need quick money and can handle being treated like dirt then go for it but I would definitely not recommend. They should be ashamed of the way they treat their staff.
Cons
I worked for mitie for 15 years we were tupeed over to them I found them to be very good with staff and pay also we were never left without stock we were sorry to leave mitie as we were then tupeed over to another company who are absolutely awful
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Total disregard of employee, told one thing then do the opposite.. No respect for your health in this covid world. Not offered the safety outfits. The only person that cares is the team leader.
Pros
You don't get paid..
Cons
They are
Very tough place to workNo appreciation for your jobStressful environmentBad managementWe were treated as numbers and not as humansAll employees signed union at the same time because of the bad treatment given to employees.Security management at canary wharf put us in the lowest position between other companies working in there.
Cons
Long hours, 12 hours standing and been watch by the surveillance cameras.
Company does not care about the people that work for them. If you have a problem the Company will not help you sort it out and if you contact HR they do not do anything apart from lie to you.Managers don't care about their employees as long as they get the job done and the managers never answer their phones so you can't get hold of them and half the time the managers don't know what they are doing. They always palm jobs off on to other people and not do them their selves.
Pros
Cons
Stupid hours, Long hours, Dont pay enough, Managers dont listen to you, Managers dont care about anyone.
Absolutely weak management team, always just promising and pretending they are listening you and understand what the real problems are but at the end of the day do nothing about it or even forgot! Definitely not a friendly environment to work if you are foreigner. Really unfriendly towards foreigners and immigrants! And when someone decide to leave this company...just forget about any unused annual leave or any many (if they have some to pay to you)
Pros
Cons
Thousands
It’s not what you know in this company it’s who you know if you want to succeed in this company. My mental health has deteriorated with lack of support and constant drama. I was a supervisor with in the Covid testing units. It was like a children’s play ground.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long quiet days
Certain members of staff run the place .The work very hard and often no help why others are walking around doing nothing..No back up ,told to stop moaning ,as that what women do all the time .No one works together and Certain people seams to do as they please
Pros
Cons
No help and back up
I like my job description but working for mitie was rough. After a staff member left i ended up covering lots of their jobs driving 2plus hours to get to sites. Regularly doing more then my hours only to be told its swings and roundabouts so had to take the hours back rather then be paid overtime. I complained about that amount of hours and driving i was expected to do,lack of time on sites and lack of communication, this was never listened to. People on the team were great but as soon as you go higher up they are far too self absorbed and dont care about bottom workers.
Pros
Van
Cons
Long hours, minimal pay, no communication, no appreciation for what you do
Fantastic pay, but the ones who are not quite managers are power trippers. One of them places where if your nose is brown enough and clicky with management you can never do any wrong. Be warned they will sell you a dream until you have no more use, then kick you out. A lot of people they hired and fired less than a month due to they just need make the numbers up. Quite a lot of back stabbing going on too!
People working at Mitie only employee numbers.No any support,when problems coming up,by yourself must to sort them out.And it is sad when you giving yourself to get benefits to company,managers,and getting back nothing,except as a "front line worker,hero" are pumpt out by redundancy scheme.
I worked for mitie back in 2008 to 2014 I worked in hospitals and enjoyed it. I had to leave due to having twins I tried going back working at the hospital got an interview and never heard a thing for a start date I was offered it I traced it up but the person was on sick and noone got back to me.
Pros
Did my cleaning qualifications
Cons
All i can seem to say is overall the company is okay but the major downside is that managment are useless and there is no appreciation for the work that you do. Overall i would stay away from this company.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
Very good place to work and excellent environment with friendly people. The role consist in to keep clean, tidy and disinfecting common areas and the bays for the tests.
Pros
Friendly team
Cons
It was far from my home
A company that is basically set up to look after those that are at the job in terms of management and don't care at all for those that work in the helpdesk which I saw and dealt with first hand for 2 years.Definitely would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Remote Working
Cons
Everything Else
Only left Mitie through TUPE, nothing bad to say about my stint with the company other then my first 2 months pay was messed up but was all paid back once issues resolved.
Pros
Paid Break, flexible hours, good communication from management
Cons
First 2 months pay messed up
My role was to daily clean a Tesco Express store. The store in question was small in size, and I was contracted 2 hours to do this. This was more than enough and it didn’t feel like I was being rushed. Since the store opens at 6am, I was arrived at 5:30am 6 days of the week - typically being one of three or four people to be there at that time. Operating a scrubber-dryer machine around customers was quite a challenge, where it is a heavy machine and difficult to manoeuvre. It also unfortunately wasn’t maintained very well and would often require some kind of self-maintenance to avoid it leaking or underperforming. Typically however, I would only be spending around 30 mins on the shop floor, then moving back to the stock room, break room, or the car park.The job itself was the same every day as expected. Once a week my supervisor would inspect my work on my day off and leave a feedback sheet upon my return the next morning - otherwise I never had any direct contact with the company.Working at a small site such as this required me to build a good rapport with the shop staff, who were all friendly and appreciative of the work I did.I was unfortunately made redundant when Tesco made the decision to make in-store staff clean instead of an outside contractor, otherwise I never had any bad dealings with the company.
Pros
No questions asked, friendly staff at my store, little contact with managers
Cons
'Uniform' provided was one unbranded shirt, early starts begin to grind, equipment wasn't the best
Started working for then they didn't say anything about a dbs check so they had over a 100 people in a car park knowing that 20 30 will drop put another 20 will leave due to dbs then they will ha e there numbers they need I feel used by this company that didn't do there recruitment stage properly very poor in that sense hope it doesn't happens again
Pros
Free dinners loads of brakes full 12 hours pay take home
Cons
Poor recruitment stage
  1. Employee reviews