MITIE

MITIE Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,569 reviews

Found 1,569 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,643 reviews

Zero professional progress

Had a great time working in AP until I transferred to the Home Office and DfT departments. Dreadful manager on Home Office Small Works, probably the worst I've ever experienced. DfT wasn't so bad but the manager had zero people skills and struggled to communicate with her team. They don't encourage professional development at all in this company which means people will be working 3 or 4 years in the same position and will not even be offered a training course to improve their skills. Overall a poor experience. Wouldn't recommend for anyone to work here.

Wages wrong every payday.

I been working for mitie as a mobile cleaner over 2 years now. Long hours split shifts constant last minute changes to my schedule. Management is changing every few months so you not sure who to contact. No support or help from management. New work place plus is a joke. Wages are wrong every month . Avoid surly better jobs out there.

Poor

Poor in every aspect apart from work life balance, although this has to be sacrificed to work rest days, to take wages up to a liveable level. Training particularly poor with no effective mentoring programme in place.

Good company

This is a good company to work for, good communication from managers and interesting variety of sites to work on.You can see all of your shifts online and they can be flexible.

Pros

Variety and opportunities if you want them

Cons

Different shifts, lower end of pay

Terrible

Pay is terrible unless your face fits or are related to a boss. No chance of advancement or better pay. Two faced and not valued or listened to, better off anywhere else

Pros

Quiting

Cons

Low pay, on call, machines are in bad order and never properly fixed. wait months on uniform or new boots.

It's a okay company

I have worked for several different security companies. Mitie is a okay company, not good and not bad. My collegues are great, help is always at hand when needed.

Never work for them

A company that doesn't care about you. I have a lot of painful things to say about this job experience. Just be smart and never work for Mitie. They pretend to be this so cool company, they are not. Go work for a local business, it will be much better than working for mitie.

Cleaning operative

I currently enjoy where I work and they are a good team to work with and the working hours are also good . I also want to see all the reviews, I want to see the good reviews and the not so good reviews for different places

Do not work for mitie

Pay queries every month and unhelpful in dealing with queries raised. Management often put staff down and foster a demotivating culture letting staff know that they will not have the chance to progress.

A first class company to work for

My role was temporary but the experience was excellent an amazing company to work for. Recommend them to anybody, if you have a chance to become permanent do so, I will be keeping an eye out for a permanent role.

Pros

Free training on subjects outside of your remit

Awful company

Don’t work for them! Took over 2months to get paid, when I was finally paid it was wrong. They couldn’t employ enough people so got friends and family in and they messed their pay also. They company we was subcontracted to wanted mitie out so victimised us managers to get the sack and employed the workers. We had zero support from mitie.

Pros

Non

Cons

Victimised, under payed, poor management

Not great

No communication, broken equipment no one seems to care about, very heavy workload in comparison with other companies. App for clocking in/out not reliable

Pros

Pay

Cons

Everything else

Good company to work just account's very bad with wage's

Good company to work for. Give unform and training on site training staff very helpful. Good job and life balance in this job . Only problem account not very good with wage's

Slow paced, decent money

Very slow paced on nights and not enough food facilities for 12 hour shift. Staff are friendly and lots of overtime available. Mangers ain't very helpful and have to constantly be chased up.

Pros

Ok money

Cons

No food, no communication

Horrendous company

What an absolute s@#t show of a company. Honestly management at baglan Swansea were laughable. Amongst them were bully's and generally not nice people. After a year of working for mitie I quickly made a sharp exit. If I could give anyone advice it would be stay away from these jokers

Awful

Horrible place to work with no benifts, management was incredibly bad wouldn’t recommend anyone working for them!!! The pay didn’t reflect the job and roles you was doing.

Pros

Cons

Long hours low pay

Just ok

Cleaning moping hoover empty the bins inside and outside but rate paid not enough wake up in morning witch should be better paid. supervisor good always help.

Don't work for this company

Don't work for this companyIt's very stressful you don't have any help from your manager if anything your manager will just tell you to just get on with itThey really don't care about you or anyone working for them you are just a number nothing moreAlot off backstabbing happens when working with your colleagues you can be sure off thatYou have been warned don't work for this company

the worst place ive ever worked

management poor , supervisors useless rule by fear not by knowledge ,welfare facilities non existent, used to provide food and bottled water now they have been taken away working in the booths and on the front gate you have to walk nearly 1/4 mile for toilets

Great company

Great training and helpful staff and manager .good wages and plenty of help online and always at the end of the phone to help special mention to manager rhianna been great

Productive and fun and was an amazing experience my job was full of great people and amazing work colleagues .

I loved my job with mitie it was very relaxed and great everyone was supportive and nice wages were really good and you could log onto work place pluse to track everything tk do with you're work there was lots of courses to do and plenty of opportunities .

Pros

Hour on hour off, lots off free time, 4 on 4 off, free coffie and tea, great team .

Cons

A little to much down time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MITIE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare MITIE with

• MITIE
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?