MITIE

MITIE Employee Reviews

Found 1,286 reviews matching the search
Only left Mitie through TUPE, nothing bad to say about my stint with the company other then my first 2 months pay was messed up but was all paid back once issues resolved.
Pros
Paid Break, flexible hours, good communication from management
Cons
First 2 months pay messed up
My role was to daily clean a Tesco Express store. The store in question was small in size, and I was contracted 2 hours to do this. This was more than enough and it didn’t feel like I was being rushed. Since the store opens at 6am, I was arrived at 5:30am 6 days of the week - typically being one of three or four people to be there at that time. Operating a scrubber-dryer machine around customers was quite a challenge, where it is a heavy machine and difficult to manoeuvre. It also unfortunately wasn’t maintained very well and would often require some kind of self-maintenance to avoid it leaking or underperforming. Typically however, I would only be spending around 30 mins on the shop floor, then moving back to the stock room, break room, or the car park.The job itself was the same every day as expected. Once a week my supervisor would inspect my work on my day off and leave a feedback sheet upon my return the next morning - otherwise I never had any direct contact with the company.Working at a small site such as this required me to build a good rapport with the shop staff, who were all friendly and appreciative of the work I did.I was unfortunately made redundant when Tesco made the decision to make in-store staff clean instead of an outside contractor, otherwise I never had any bad dealings with the company.
Pros
No questions asked, friendly staff at my store, little contact with managers
Cons
'Uniform' provided was one unbranded shirt, early starts begin to grind, equipment wasn't the best
Started working for then they didn't say anything about a dbs check so they had over a 100 people in a car park knowing that 20 30 will drop put another 20 will leave due to dbs then they will ha e there numbers they need I feel used by this company that didn't do there recruitment stage properly very poor in that sense hope it doesn't happens again
Pros
Free dinners loads of brakes full 12 hours pay take home
Cons
Poor recruitment stage
Really good company to work for, pay queries are sorted straight away and the management is excellent. Any time I Have asked for over time it has been given straight away, time I’ll is approved whenever I need it and the wage is excellent for the security industry.
Pros
Great management, higher than average wage
Cons
Unsociable hours
I really enjoyed working at this company, The managers were brilliant and the colleagues were spectacular too, the payment was very good at moment couple years ago. Much appreciated the hand of the flexibility of shifts as a single mom, must grateful too for the time I needed must the support and work. Definitely recommend this CIA ! Proudly being part one day! Patrícia Gomes
Pros
Grow till certain point
Cons
Got cut when management changed :(
Absolutely worst company I have ever worked for. Management are not interested in anyone other than themselves. They owed me pay for hours worked and never paid me.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Everything.
I've been working for Mitie for 10 years and I feel lucky to be part of this " big family".I have attended all the trainings provided and I could state the fact that I have developed in many ways as an individual since working here.I have improved my skills and I became more efficient and productive.
I wanted a career where I had regular paid work and the concept for training and courses you could expect in leading to a qualification and a certificate to back it up? Sadly all training is in house and you will have nothing to show for any hard work you put in. They have a reward scheme that gives you a star badge and a certificate with the chance of getting a further prize but not really worth it in the end. Management seems only too happy to jump the gun and point the finger of blame over an issue and trying to defend yourself when you know your facts are correct is a waste of time!If your an honest hardworking person hoping to get career progression you may be quite disappointed, but is your what us termed a "company man" or "a yes man" who will happily stab their colleagues in the back you may go far?You always have to watch your back and trusting anyone wouldn't be a wise move, moral with most officers is very low with most believing we are overlooked, undervalued and unwanted!
Pros
Regular hours, pay adequate but could be better
Cons
Over zealous on health and safety, management, career prospects, in house training
They are quite up to date and a head of the game on training and procedures. And have a stake hold in there suppliers of products. But you still need to keep your eye on the ball. To get supplies delivered on time. As there area managers are always over stretched in there job rolls. Pay is a set date every 4 weeks
Pros
You know what needs to be done and you just get on with it.
Cons
Could be unsociable hours. Or very demanding clients
Poor management, pass the blame back and forth, health and safety assessment only done after a serious incident and made to sign to say we had completed it even though we had not. Very stressful for a job that shouldn't be, keep your self to your self and you will be fine do not have an opinion. Site mangers will chuck you under the bus to save there own skin. Personally would NOT recommend
Pros
Hours to suit
Cons
Poor management
I worked as a part time cleaner and loved my time there .They lost the contract I was working on and as a result I was tupeed over to the new company .
Pros
Left alone to do the job
Cons
I worked on the Covid Testing side so this may not be the same across the whole business, but the wages were wrong every month for the majority of people. Site Managers didnt seem bothered and it was very hard work getting the errors sorted, only for a whole range of different errors to happen again next month. No expenses paid for travelling to site, so it became very expensive the further we were asked to travel. Very militaristic Management at site level, lots of following orders that didnt make sense and no listening for advice, suggestions or outside expertise. OK if you like the Army and dont care about outcomes. Such a shame.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no expenses for travel
i have worked since a young age witnessed many bad companies this is not one. Everything you ask for is provided for you and management treat you fair and with respect.
Pros
free food on site
Cons
I’ve worked for them in the past they are good a group to work for 👍and helpful if you need a help with problems 👍and if you need extra training the will offer it you if you feel you need it or an extra hour if you think the time you got on your shift is that long enough if the place your working in is a huge place like factory or supermarket store 👍
Couldnt run a bath. Management never to be seen, everything done online. Had holidays rejected because i didnt give 4 week notice i gave 5 weeks notice. No chance of progression. Management and client site look down on you as you are second best. Lasted 3 month and left never to return.
Pros
4 on 4 off
Cons
Boring dull job
When you TUPE across they will find a way to sack you! No manager support, Don’t pay expenses, mess up your salary and do not support staff in any way. Company runs at a loss and that came from senior management. Steer clear as there are much better facilities companies out there.
Cons
Worked at mitie for a couple of months as a covid oprative there were people the that wernt even gettin paid on time and they tried to stop me from spending my first Christmas with my kids after saying I could have it off the way they run those covid sites are terrible wouldnt recommend working there to any one it took them 3 months to get heat on the covid tents poor conditions to work in espicasly as a front line covid worker
Loved going to work everyday at Mitie, yes we all have off days but such a lovely place to work. Great manager and great team wish I had not been made redundant
Pros
Lots of support and training
Cons
Some weekends involved
Keep away from this company they are awful.No health and safety training for 7 weeks of working. No uniform for 5 weeks. No communication from management.
Pros
Cons
Terrible company
Poor management. Long hours and no human rights in consideration. Rules change day by day. Management talking behind your back instead of to you. Not correct uniform. Horrible company to work for.
Pros
Free sandwiches
Cons
Love my work including all colleagues management and school staff.The only problem I have is we work and work hard,but our hourly rate of pay is degrading. More so that if I worked for my local council as a cleaner I would have over a extra £1 or so per hour, doing the same job 🥺Equal pay for all us cleaners 🤔✔
  1. Employee reviews