MITIE

Bristol70 reviews

Found 70 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,134 reviews
cleaningrubbishsitewagecontracttoilettescocolleague

Fun

Good place good pay good management good uniform good benefits good sick leave good pay …………..I don’t really know what to say to be honest give it a try

Do not work there

Terrible experience A lot of stress and no support from the management.Very rude and inconsiderate management team.The security guard are not very well treated

Insights into MITIE

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Embarrassing

Terrible IT system No career progression you are given no tools or training just expected to know and get on with the job Management don't care they have a out of sight out of mind attitude but then when you need help or have an issue they don't want to help pay is terrible They get you through the door with promises of big bonuses then you quickly find out that's never going to come your way If you want to get on work hard and progress this is not the place for you

Don’t bother

The department turnover is like nothing you have seen. Entirety new staff in under 2 years. Management are bullies and will not listen to what you are saying. Their way or no way. Massively overworked and when asked why something hasn’t been done you get accused of not being able to hack it. The salary is a joke. Any other company pays at least £5k more for an Advisor. Go elsewhere!

Pros

Cons

Poor management, overworked, disgusting salary

Great management very supportive

Always on hand to help with any issues and supplied uniform and salary on time.Great range of benefits and generous holiday allowance.Never had any issues since I have worked here.

It was ok

It was ok. Job had good and bad points. Had a good laugh on the job and management were ok. Pay could have been better but good overall. Would happily rejoin if they paid more

Worse place to work due to work culture and lack of empathy from seniors

I was offer the job as an analyst and have been working there for a few months. I've worked in other industries within the same field and can see how disorganise the team is and how seniors are very rude when they are under stress or frustration. Most of them lack consideration for others and are very demanding because of the pressure from their managers, so they take it out on employees. Unfortunately, it has made me feel a bit depressed for a few weeks which I've never felt like that with a company in the past. They praise me for good work but when they are feeling stressed out with their work, it's a different story. Some are very patronising and rude when they are having a bad day. I've decided to leave Mitie due to poor culture and treatment from seniors.

Pros

A lot to learn, challenging, always work to do

Cons

Expect to work long hours, get treated badly by seniors because of their mood swings or personal problems

This is not an equal opportunity employer for disabled people

I joined this company with a disability with full disclosure, I had the assistance of Access to Work to pay for 100% of reasonable adjustments for me and despite the company claiming every penny of the money for the adjustment over 15 month period they still never put them in place. They also commenced discussions on an ill-health capability procedure to exit me from the company despite the reasonable adjustments never having been installed. I would recommend that anybody with a disability who needs assistance from the employer in terms of reasonable adjustments thinks very hard before joining this company. As the stress and mental health deterioration of dealing with them is very upsetting.

Cons

Culture is designed to manage disabled people out through ill-health capability procedure, if it can’t screen you out before it employs you you

No development or insentive!!! Dont waste your time

Been with the company over 3 years and since then I been promised better pay and training which was agreed when I took the job yet seen nothing. You can work your nuts off and get jo appreciation for it as just a number but moment you do something slightly wrong they crack the whip. Micro managed and watched from the start to end of working day. Mitie have complete disregard for health during covid and tried to force engineers into cleaning roles with minimum ppe over the first lockdown and if refused they furloughed you. Management bully to try and get what they want all the time.

Pros

Cons

Managment, pay, training, micro managed. List could go on and on

Terrible two faced company

When you TUPE across they will find a way to sack you! No manager support, Don’t pay expenses, mess up your salary and do not support staff in any way. Company runs at a loss and that came from senior management. Steer clear as there are much better facilities companies out there.

Terrible

Terrible company to work for, management are bullies and promise you the earth and supply nothing, the company is ran soooo poorly, never work for this company!!

Bad standards and practices. Infested with selfish managers there for easy time.

It is only now, months after I left Mitie that I fully realise just how bad it was there. There is a culture of going along with bad practices until the rules put in place to protect Mitie (just like with any company that is owned by shareholders) are so disregarded that it is scary. For example, in some places at Mitie the processes put in place meant to be a check on payments is nothing but a sham. When a person calls this out they get told that it does not matter and that nobody looks at the documents that are supposed to be a check on the payments. So those documents are just done for the sake of appearances, the manager that approves payments is approving them knowing full well that the check their team has done is meaningless. In fact that same manager directed their team to do only that, nobody cares so why should the manger, right?It is only now after I left that I can acknowledge to myself that this is fraud, fraud is when someone knowingly passes off something as what it is not. It is horrendous to work in such a place when you have good standards and are conscientious, because it is very hard not to intervene to undo the harm being done by other people! Standards have been allowed to erode and that is seen by certain bad managers and then those bad managers don't see why they should bother, so standards erode some more, over time managers find they don't have to worry at all and can pass off a mere pretence as the work that they are paid to do. At the back of their mind they know that it takes a lot for anybody to question anything and even then there is always -

Pros

Cannot think of anything, I am just glad I got out.

Cons

Scary, pressure of having deceitful managers that will throw blame unfairly where they want to is not ok.

Project manager contractor

Although I was a contractor Mitie were very inclusive in their management Comms and Support and were always very professional. Environment is fast paced so you need to be an experienced PM.

Pros

Inclusive management

Cons

Fast pace

Racism

Work for Mitie for 10 years, and I have experienced the worse form of racism you would ever imagine both from Mitie and our customers Tesco. You are never appreciated doesn't matter what you have done for them.

Pros

The staffs where indeed hard working

Cons

Bad place to work

Incompetent manager only concerned with looking like she did her job blighted my time there

My time at Mitie was blighted by a manager that could not manage to do her job. A manager is supposed to ensure their team performs the tasks they are assigned. Tasks are assigned to a specific team to do for compliance reasons put in place to protect Mitie money and money deducted from Mitie employee's pay. Compliance is not supposed to be ignored, it it is then it is done by a manager with authority to ignore it. By wilfully ignoring it the manager has made the decision to ignore processes put in place to protect Mitie and it's employees. That manager has made that decision for selfish reasons, to maintain the appearance of doing the job that they are paid to do even if that means they have to abuse subordinates and deceive superiors all for a goal that is good only for the manager and is certainly bad for Mitie. This is the Mitie culture in a nutshell, how can I be so certain? Because when I pointed all of this out I was told "that's Mitie". Says it all really doesn't it?

Streeful Environment with little Management Support

Shared Services was always viewed with suspicion by the other parts of MITIE; this leads to a cost-first culture too willing to sacrifice quality and people.

Enjoy the job but the manager is rude.

I enjoy working for mitie but the current site manager is a very rude women who speaks down to you like your dumb in a strange tone. She doesnt explain herself properly at times and when you do ask her somthing she has a rude attitude, like youve asked her the most stupid question? Unsure why she cant have a more polite approach towards her staff and not take her anger out on us ? will com

Pros

Good site

Cons

Manager

I do not recommend!!!

A company that does not care about employees, incrsaees, benefits etc. Problems with holidays, no communication and not paying all hours. I do not recommend!!!!!

Fairly good place to work for

I think working for Mitie is a good place on general, lots of benifits and the people are great. There are 2 main offices is Bristol. 1 in Patchway and 1 in Keynsham.

Terrible

Worse company I ever worked for management can’t even get a email right are also evil and lie unsupportive and will stab u in the back charge u for leaving avoid at all cost not worth the hassle takes a month to get cleared for references and will mess your hours days ect to suit there needs without asking even if you don’t opt out the 48 hr working week they ignore it and give you more hours and expect the world

It's not what you know, it's who you know

I had some good opportunities in Mitie but it took a lot of time to get out of the bottom ladder and start to climb. This was mainly down to the fact that the moment a good position came up, the managers there already had a friend or colleague in mind. Although this might have been the case in the department I worked in, I can not speak for all divisions. If you like a challenge this is the place to be. They cut back on contracts to keep costs down, so you often find yourself doing the job of 2 or even 3 people with 50-100 emails a day which can be daunting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MITIE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement