MITIE

MITIE Employee Reviews in London

London203 reviews

Found 203 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,136 reviews
cleaningrubbishsitewagecontracttoilettescocolleague

Without good collegues you're on your own

The company went from being okay at my time to going downhill after a series of management changes.It would be more likely to see teeth on a hen than a manager, and even rarer if you needed help with anything.Thankfully my team wasn't too bad and we could deal with most of the issues by ourselves but I dread to think what it would be like if this wasn't the case

Pros

Fair bit of extra days if required

Cons

Long hours, thankless job and not support from management

Great

Good company good people great hours. Mitie is well established and treat employees with respect. As long as you work hard and put in the hours.. you will get far

Insights into MITIE

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

brilliant

this place is really brilliant, and i mean really brilliant. it is the Most brilliant place I've ever worked in my entire life. Just brilliant, honestly.

Pros

everything

It was ok

It was ok, some managers are great, others self absorbed and horrible, it really depends on what department you work in. Pay is poor but benefits are good

Fun to work with people

The people I worked with are really very nice. A fun place to work and have a banter. The management always wants you to work more and more with same pay. No bonus or treats for Christmas. If u have to leave about 40 mins early they will make you fill up a sick form.

Pros

Secure Job

Cons

NO bonus

Avoid it at all cost

Very rubbish company they still pay minimum wage in 2022 while they expect from you loads of things to do …very bad management I would never recommend it to anyone

It is very important what kind of the Management team you will be working. Some of the Managers they don't have any idea what they doing or should be doing.

Not a very good company.

Management did not really seem interested in any staff apart from themselves, very difficult to get through to someone with actual authority until you reach the courtroom.

Great

Good company to work for getting took a while about a month quite in depth but nothing too difficult all went over in the interview. Nice atmosphere good people

Hard but rewarding

It all depends on your team and what contract you are working on, recruitment can be difficult sometimes especially in the rural areas. The directors can be very helpful and always an open door policy.

Horrendous workplace with a culture of throwing people under the bus

I have never felt as low as I did during my time working with Mitie, particularly Care & Custody. I continuously felt like my efforts were never enough and that was proven to me during my meetings with managers/leaders in which I was constantly asked to do more and more even though I was at breaking point. I’m highly disappointed with the behaviour at this organisation and the lack of concern for the feelings of others. I therefore would not encourage others to work for Mitie and instead suggest you steer clear where possible.

Pros

Work from home, expenses paid for

Cons

No work life balance, treated unfairly, continuously thrown under the bus

Stressful workplace

Mitie employed staffs without interviews, most of them were part from the same family and very difficult to manage (bad behaviour, aggressive, non cooperative staff, refused to wear uniform); too much pressure for me to resolve myself HR issues. HR had not supported management, Mitie created an online training but the trainer never appeared and the meeting was cancelled. HR has never offered to attend site and help us to carry investigations and disciplinareis, leaving managers to have to do themselves all the management on site, including HR in a very challenging environment and managers had to ensure the operations site of the business runs smoothly. Payroll and HR departments were not great at communicating and are disorganised making very difficult to get things resolved; Not only me felt it but all employees struggled to have information when the contacted People Support. I did the best I could but the situation was stresfull during the 1.6 year that I worked for Mitie. Mitie should create an HR department that deals with all HR issues separately to help managers and the situation to get resolved efficiently and all parties feel that they are treated fairly.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Stressful, no-support, disorganised, HR provide no direct support.

Mitie security

Working with the public and everyday is a new challenge team work meeting new people challenging yourself improving in your mistakes and improving your skills

Do not work for mitie

Pay queries every month and unhelpful in dealing with queries raised. Management often put staff down and foster a demotivating culture letting staff know that they will not have the chance to progress.

Low pay. Poor working environment. No appraisal. No promotion. Poor Management. Long hours.No confidentiality at work.

I am working for Mitie . I have been working over five years now. I am chocked first they never give you what they promised you in interview about days and pattern of work. You start as a relief Officer and they put you in a permanent night shift. Poor Management. They never give you any appraisal . Promotion does not get advertised only specific people put up for it immediately. Poor working environment. Uniform get issued once when joining the company after that you will need to buy it yourself outside. No Confidentiality as Team leaders talk about your sickness. Confidential things to your Colleagues. You can not trust anyone. Overtime get given guaranteed to some others get pick up what is left if any. Not good company. Finally one important thing is that you try to leave the company but they give a bad reference about you or they tell something to the new company to keep you. I applied for so many jobs and I told the recruiting company not to approach my present manager for reference only after I have been offered the job which I did in few good companies just for me not to hear about the new company again.

Poor Company with weak management

I have worked in security for a number of years with a number of security companies and can say if I was to get Mitie a score out of 10 it would be a 5. From my experience, they are far from being to best but not the worst.

Productive and fun environment

Good company to work for, easy job, long hours but overall ok. It was very easy job with lots of breaks but sometimes they were asking for ridiculous staff for us to do. You get to work with interesting people but some times that can be dangerous as the lack of management leaves too much space for weird people to come in .

Pros

Lots fo breaks

Cons

No management

Security officer

12 hour shifts, days and nightsLong, boring, stressful but decent pay - was located at Canary Wharf 28 day holiday including bank holidays per annum.

Security officers are very lazy and don't want to work

I have worked for this company for nearly 14 years in retail security the pay is poor I haven't had a pay rise for 3 years and when you want to move to corporate security to have a change they will do everything so you can't move this company is a joke

Good company to work for.

Good company. Management are friendly and assist you with any problems you may have. Positive working environment with no real issues. Work life balance is good as I was working 4 days on, 4 days off.

Good company to work for pay on time and they train you on the site teach you all the procedures of how things work. I worked in many different sites for mitie.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MITIE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement