MITIE

United Kingdom40 reviews

Found 40 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,134 reviews
cleaningrubbishsitewagecontracttoilettescocolleague

Not the worst

I worked on the mobile covid testing units and to be fair Mitie were always very good with health and safety and worker relations.It did go downhill after a while but that is often the way with big companies.Left when covid ended but Id consider working for them again,

Badly managed

Pay was often wrong, overtime not paid and told just to wait until next month and hope they get it right. Management would bring friends in to work and allow them to just sit in the office chatting and getting paid for nothing. More petty work dramas than you could believe - mostly stemming from management. Lots of power games

Pros

Pay was decent

Cons

Everyone above the entry level staff

Insights into MITIE

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

I really enjoyed working with mitie and I would work for them again

I worked in a covid test centre and I really enjoyed every day I learnt every job on site, I started as a covid marshal and then went on in the company doing every day tasks such as testing employees, and working with sorting out test kits.

Pros

We had free lunch every day

Cons

I can work 12 hours a day

The majority of work colleuges were good fun people, the management was ridiculous through serious inexperience.

Mitie have false mission statements such as "we are one" they extract the most from employees by giving the least, the management through all its levels mainly have unfit managers with very immature outlooks usually from age and lack of experience, they are not leaders, they have no ability to control, nurture or organise and extremely low abilities in acting in accordance with best practices or legislation in employment law, general law etc and are falsely secure in hiding behind they had no idea!.

Pros

decent pension

Cons

to many to list easier to move elsewhere

Worst company I have ever encountered in 25 years

Consistently fail to pay wages on time (if at all) and there are always error with pay, expenses or tax taken and the way calculations are made always seem very suspicious. They force employees to use multiple apps on employees’ own personal smart phones to enter hours, complete online compliance and any other training which is enormously frustrating and a huge problem for anyone who doesn’t have one. The people in the lowest positions are treated like dirt and this improves only marginally as you move up the chain. They intentionally make it impossible for you to contact anyone higher up by phone or email, which is particularly difficult when trying to resolve contractual or pay issues and even if you do manage to make contact they love passing the buck so nothing ever gets resolved satisfactorily. I would not have believed the inexcusable behaviour of this company had I not experienced it first hand. I strongly urge anyone considering employment with this company to run for the hills. They are the worst company I have ever encountered.

Pros

Cons

Too many cons to count

Never work for them

A company that doesn't care about you. I have a lot of painful things to say about this job experience. Just be smart and never work for Mitie. They pretend to be this so cool company, they are not. Go work for a local business, it will be much better than working for mitie.

Horrendous company

What an absolute s@#t show of a company. Honestly management at baglan Swansea were laughable. Amongst them were bully's and generally not nice people. After a year of working for mitie I quickly made a sharp exit. If I could give anyone advice it would be stay away from these jokers

Management are good

Really relaxing environment. Break system was fair, opportunity for advancement is wanted. Hardest part of the job was the long hours, but this was known beforehand

Terrible company to work for.

They don’t care about you, you’re just a number to them. They pay terribly and the general welfare of the employee is extremely poor. They cut overtime and hours then flaunt about the profits they’ve made and send it to the employees!! Would discourage anyone to work for them.

Decent pay and hours but horrible environment

The pay and work hours I had working on a COVID test site were quite good, but the environment and management was awful.Absolutely incompetent management who could be at times abusive and would often break all kinds of guidelines, but nothing was done by upper management as they're all buddy-buddy and look at their subordinates with contempt.This company will not look after you; you're just a number to them.

Sad to be leaving

Really enjoyed working as part of a team during covid testingManagement not best as instructions where constantly changing from day to day but it did finally get betterOnly downside being ended well before contract date and very little notice given

covid testing so not a difficult job

standard workplace with standard practices. I mean this was for covid testing so I don't think my experiences were of a normal workplace as everything was slapped together as quick as poss. just employed everybody that applied so a right mix of people which obviously brought it's fair share of problems. always paid on time and didn't come across many issues, would of been nice to be compensated from the directors on fat bonsues as a frontline hero but who we kidding. pay was pretty good considering a lot of the time we were just chilling! when it ended tho didn't see much effort from the higher ups to help people with employment despite the various emails saying they would.

Dont work here.

Not a great company to work for. No real training giving to you when you start. No real guidance or support giving to you when you start. Management dont care as you are only a number.

Majority of people I have worked with are exceptional.

My personal experience working for Mitie has to be a positive one, great team, great people and would definitely work for them again. I have enjoyed working with Mitie.

Pros

Good rate of pay

Cons

Hours can seem long on the 4 on 4 off

A Unique Job

Job was easy and well paid when including your mileage allowance. Mixture of good and poor supervisors. Upper management seem low calibre. Met some really nice people.

Pros

Fuel Mileage Allowance

Cons

Poor Management

Great job , long hour

Really enjoyed working at covid site for almost a year , like one big family. Long hours varied roles in the job. Fantastic friendly site lead and ran well. Shame it’s ending to be honest

Great work colleagues, good work/life balance.

No two days are the same. It can be hectically busy some days, not so much on others, but there's still plenty to do even on the quieter days.Twelve hour days, meeting and talking service users through the PCR test, answering any questions they have regarding the test itself.We do work modules as well, learning more about the Mitie business and it's objectives moving forward and our role in that process.The hardest part of the day is being on your feet for long periods at a time, but you become used to it.The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know your fellow workers/managers and speaking with service users.

Pros

Good working relations with fellow workers, four days on four days off routine so you can plan things, gaining knowledge through the modules we complete.

Cons

Long periods on your feet.

Life draining

Not a very good place to work as they offer you everything one moment then snatch it away. The company is only in it for themselves and don't really support anyone, the people I worked with I wouldn't trust with my life and every day it felt like a groundhog Day. I would advise anyone interested in working for this company to stay away and look elsewhere.

Pros

Cons

Pay, hours, management and work colleagues.

Operative

Very enjoyable, need to be social in order to get through the day. Very simple role butMust be carried out professionally. Great working week (4 on 4 off)

Pros

4 days off, plenty overtime going

Cons

Long days

No fun working for mitie now

I work on a MTU in Swansea. When I first started in January 2021 it was the best job .now I feel the rope is getting tighter round my neck ,they have taken back everything.

Pros

Cons

No cons, just empty pockets

Chaotic, exploitative, untrustworthy,

Staff deployment is illogical and unbalanced, but team members and managers are generally good eggs. Wages are regularly short, and "system errors" lead to unlawful deductions. Logging your presence at work is overcomplicated, requiring multiple apps/websites and paper sign in sheets that do not guarantee accurate pay. PPI/uniform has not been sufficiently provided.

Pros

Good team members can make days manageable

Cons

Feel like the company are always looking for excuses not to pay us properly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MITIE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare MITIE with

Learn about MITIE in popular locations

• MITIE