MITIE

MITIE Pay & benefits reviews

I worked for mitie for 15 years we were tupeed over to them I found them to be very good with staff and pay also we were never left without stock we were sorry to leave mitie as we were then tupeed over to another company who are absolutely awful
Pros
Good pay
Cons
I like my job description but working for mitie was rough. After a staff member left i ended up covering lots of their jobs driving 2plus hours to get to sites. Regularly doing more then my hours only to be told its swings and roundabouts so had to take the hours back rather then be paid overtime. I complained about that amount of hours and driving i was expected to do,lack of time on sites and lack of communication, this was never listened to. People on the team were great but as soon as you go higher up they are far too self absorbed and dont care about bottom workers.
Pros
Van
Cons
Long hours, minimal pay, no communication, no appreciation for what you do
People working at Mitie only employee numbers.No any support,when problems coming up,by yourself must to sort them out.And it is sad when you giving yourself to get benefits to company,managers,and getting back nothing,except as a "front line worker,hero" are pumpt out by redundancy scheme.
Only left Mitie through TUPE, nothing bad to say about my stint with the company other then my first 2 months pay was messed up but was all paid back once issues resolved.
Pros
Paid Break, flexible hours, good communication from management
Cons
First 2 months pay messed up
Really good company to work for, pay queries are sorted straight away and the management is excellent. Any time I Have asked for over time it has been given straight away, time I’ll is approved whenever I need it and the wage is excellent for the security industry.
Pros
Great management, higher than average wage
Cons
Unsociable hours
Absolutely worst company I have ever worked for. Management are not interested in anyone other than themselves. They owed me pay for hours worked and never paid me.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Everything.
I worked on the Covid Testing side so this may not be the same across the whole business, but the wages were wrong every month for the majority of people. Site Managers didnt seem bothered and it was very hard work getting the errors sorted, only for a whole range of different errors to happen again next month. No expenses paid for travelling to site, so it became very expensive the further we were asked to travel. Very militaristic Management at site level, lots of following orders that didnt make sense and no listening for advice, suggestions or outside expertise. OK if you like the Army and dont care about outcomes. Such a shame.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no expenses for travel
I’ve worked for them in the past they are good a group to work for 👍and helpful if you need a help with problems 👍and if you need extra training the will offer it you if you feel you need it or an extra hour if you think the time you got on your shift is that long enough if the place your working in is a huge place like factory or supermarket store 👍
When you TUPE across they will find a way to sack you! No manager support, Don’t pay expenses, mess up your salary and do not support staff in any way. Company runs at a loss and that came from senior management. Steer clear as there are much better facilities companies out there.
Cons
Love my work including all colleagues management and school staff.The only problem I have is we work and work hard,but our hourly rate of pay is degrading. More so that if I worked for my local council as a cleaner I would have over a extra £1 or so per hour, doing the same job 🥺Equal pay for all us cleaners 🤔✔
I worked for the company for a number of years and had to leave due to work life balance. Contracted to full time hours but its compulsory to work from 7am until around 10/11pm everyday, and only having every other weekend off. If you raise concerns it doesn't change anything, we tried on many occasions. Pay is 4 weekly if you are hourly, and monthly if you are salaried. It was rare that I had any pay issues. But you are in no way paid for the hours you work, myself and my colleagues worked out our ACTUAL wage against our real hours and we are not even close to receiving the minimum wage. Management - most have worked their way up the ranks, so in one way that is good but because of that nothing will ever change. Work for Mitie if you want job security (although they restructure yearly to which you are interviewed with presentation etc) however there will be no time for anything outside of work. Fairly high turnover of management due to the unrealistic expectations and working hours and low pay.
Pros
Paid on time
Cons
Long hours, low pay, choose work or family not both
Working outside for large parts of 12 hour shift. No protective clothing issued. Two months into contract and no uniform of any description has been provided. Have never seen management. They talk a good game but reality is something else. Pay has never been right, being hundreds of pounds short, and it takes forever negotiating through a maze to get it put right. If you care for your health and want paid for the hours you have worked I would avoid Mitie.
Cons
Busy environment that was fast paced. Lovely staff so it may have been long hours but it didn’t feel that long due to amazing staff.Would definitely recommend to anyone!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Minimum wage, not enough cleaning supplies, management are actual useless only spend time on their phones playing games and gossiping about employees.
Pros
Cons
All of the above
Your pay is always wrong and normally takes 2months for them to sort out. The rate of pay is very poor and the management are appalling. They are always short staffed, as people leave all the time.
Pros
They pay fpr your sia licence
Cons
Poor pay
Long hours pay very poor nothing good about it niver see any top management they don't care about staff just the client we are an after thought every time.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay
I worked as a Security Officer in the Sainsburys in Essex and Suffolk (Sainsburys Springfield, Braintree, Sudbury, Colchester, Stanway, Hadleigh Road, Warren Heath, Clacton) and had to travel to the sites on my own expense.First I was "relief" officer, my rota changed very often (3x a week!!!), my manager did not bother to call me only texted. He was never available on phone, it was nearly impossible to book holiday.On some sites some guards get more money than me for the same job and they were favoured when the rota was made.The stores gave points for my performance regulary, I got good points because I had a good relationship with the managers but the system is not professional at all. Lots of guards were penalised unfairly.
Pros
Cons
Discrimination, unpredictable rota, lots of travelling expenses
The company it's self isn't bad but if you want to get paid for what you have worked forget it. They never pay wages correctly your always short they say it will go in next month and it doesn't. The favourites get away with things you won't watch out
Pros
They leave you to do job.
Cons
They dont pay you for what you've, worked
I injoy working for mitie people are good to work with. Have a good team the older ones who get on with the job. My shift times are not the best but we all got to get on with it.
Pros
Some of the staff
Cons
Bad workers
Being such a large company Mitie still have great attention to detail and really care about employees safety and well-being as someone who’s struggled with mental health problems it is something I worry about as I don’t want it to effect my relationship with my employer however Mitie have been extremely supportive I currently work for Mitie and very much enjoy it, they’re a company on the up
Pros
Investment in the company, decent pay with great benefits and holiday entitlement, never pressured or stressed as an engineer
Cons
Managers seem to have a large workload and can be difficult to contact
as with all custodial jobs you get your idiot management types but all in all the staff here are good minus 1 or 2, the pay could be better, work life balance is good generally 3 on 2 off shifts with 7 nights then 7 days off after, centre manager does not seem interested in the staff but thats nothing new in these environments
Pros
free food on shift, decent staff
Cons
long hours and only 25k PA