MITIE
Happiness score is 49 out of 100

MITIE

MITIE Employee Review

Job is ok, Mitie are useless

Former Interserve staff Tupe'd to Mitie. Have not been paid right in 6 months. Pay date has been moved even though that's against TUPE terms. Any disputes are supposed to be raised online via a ticket, none are ever answered that way. Emails are always ignored. Any phone calls to HR are always passed from person to person for hours in the hope you'll give up. Recently I spent 2 hours on the phone and was put through 6 departments just to be transferred back to the original department who said 'this has nothing to do with me' and then hung up. Good luck if you're based in Northern Ireland, they always seem surprised that staff here even exist and they haven't a clue what contract we're under or who they should fob us off to. Salary increases are performance based depending on yearly review. This year, the first performance based pay review under Mitie, managers were all instructed to score every staff member across all sites as 'satisfactory'. This meant everyone got the same score and increase whether they worked hard all year round or if they had done the bare minimum.

Pros

Set shifts, holiday requests usually granted on short notice

Cons

Rarely paid right, illegal review practices, HR useless

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

I currently clean a GP surgery for the company and have been there afew years now. The other cleaner I work with is really nice and we get along to do the job. Our manager has always paid us on time and if you do extra hours it is always added on. Ordering stock is very easy and has been delivered in a timely manner. The only down side is that I don't feel the wages are high enough as my job is minimum wage. Other than that the company offer benefits that other companies do not and we were given recognition for working through covid and given a extra day holiday to say thank you. I would recommend working for Mitie.

Pros

Benefits, good managers, nice team.

Cons

Wages need to exceed minimum wage

Fun to work with people

The people I worked with are really very nice. A fun place to work and have a banter. The management always wants you to work more and more with same pay. No bonus or treats for Christmas. If u have to leave about 40 mins early they will make you fill up a sick form.

Pros

Secure Job

Cons

NO bonus

Good contracts

Mitie have a lot of work a lot of contracts but is really let down by the system it’s using at the minute. Good working conditions and always paid on time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MITIE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare MITIE with

Learn about MITIE in popular locations

• MITIE
  • Job is ok, Mitie are useless
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?