MITIE
Happiness score is 49 out of 100

MITIE

MITIE Employee Review

Not the worst

I worked on the mobile covid testing units and to be fair Mitie were always very good with health and safety and worker relations.It did go downhill after a while but that is often the way with big companies.Left when covid ended but Id consider working for them again,

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

I really enjoyed working with mitie and I would work for them again

I worked in a covid test centre and I really enjoyed every day I learnt every job on site, I started as a covid marshal and then went on in the company doing every day tasks such as testing employees, and working with sorting out test kits.

Pros

We had free lunch every day

Cons

I can work 12 hours a day
Same role

The majority of work colleuges were good fun people, the management was ridiculous through serious inexperience.

Mitie have false mission statements such as "we are one" they extract the most from employees by giving the least, the management through all its levels mainly have unfit managers with very immature outlooks usually from age and lack of experience, they are not leaders, they have no ability to control, nurture or organise and extremely low abilities in acting in accordance with best practices or legislation in employment law, general law etc and are falsely secure in hiding behind they had no idea!.

Pros

decent pension

Cons

to many to list easier to move elsewhere

Worst company I have ever encountered in 25 years

Consistently fail to pay wages on time (if at all) and there are always error with pay, expenses or tax taken and the way calculations are made always seem very suspicious. They force employees to use multiple apps on employees’ own personal smart phones to enter hours, complete online compliance and any other training which is enormously frustrating and a huge problem for anyone who doesn’t have one. The people in the lowest positions are treated like dirt and this improves only marginally as you move up the chain. They intentionally make it impossible for you to contact anyone higher up by phone or email, which is particularly difficult when trying to resolve contractual or pay issues and even if you do manage to make contact they love passing the buck so nothing ever gets resolved satisfactorily. I would not have believed the inexcusable behaviour of this company had I not experienced it first hand. I strongly urge anyone considering employment with this company to run for the hills. They are the worst company I have ever encountered.

Pros

Cons

Too many cons to count

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MITIE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare MITIE with

Learn about MITIE in popular locations

• MITIE