MITIE
Happiness score is 49 out of 100

MITIE

MITIE Employee Review

Good contracts

Mitie have a lot of work a lot of contracts but is really let down by the system it’s using at the minute. Good working conditions and always paid on time.

Same role

Poorly managed,understaffed, no clear direction

After working for Mitie for a number of years I’ve found that the management at all levels are incompetent and eager to pass the buck. There was no clear direction or experience of engineering in the management team from the contract director down , this contract in particular being a high end prestigious client you’d think they could get a management team with some sort of expertise other than cleaning.In the three years I was on the contract 22 different members of staff came and went in one way or another ,a shocking amount with stress issues due to their work load and the attitude of running a bare bones team that is constantly under staffed in to the ground, You feel unappreciated, undervalued and replaceable. There is little to no investment in their staff regardless of how long you have worked or how many times you have raised the lack of training in a particular area as a safety concern. Nothing will change in a positive way until the management ideology of delegation is management is gone and do some of their own work.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, shifts, work load, staff retention, management
Same role

Haphazard but ok

There is quite a lot of positive induction material to get through. Everyone says all the right things as you would expect. Unfortunately it’s a big machine and things get lost or not followed up immediately. An example of this was I had been verbally offered the job and start date confirmed. I didn’t receive official correspondence to offer me the job until I was in the job. I put this done to Christmas holidays as I started in January. It still continues to be like this of having to chase things up or your advised of changes and expect to know or pick things up as and when. If all the right processes are in place it’s a good job I just hope they can do this.
Same location

Work place

Very good workplace good location friendly staff good management good pay friendly and helpful company the tasks for the job were very good and easy to complete

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MITIE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare MITIE with

Learn about MITIE in popular locations

• MITIE