MITIE

MITIE Employee Reviews

Found 1,287 reviews matching the search
Only left Mitie through TUPE, nothing bad to say about my stint with the company other then my first 2 months pay was messed up but was all paid back once issues resolved.
Pros
Paid Break, flexible hours, good communication from management
Cons
First 2 months pay messed up
Love my work including all colleagues management and school staff.The only problem I have is we work and work hard,but our hourly rate of pay is degrading. More so that if I worked for my local council as a cleaner I would have over a extra £1 or so per hour, doing the same job 🥺Equal pay for all us cleaners 🤔✔
Manager was a puppet for staff that been there for years and was afraid of change had no gall to stand up to them lost all will to work for them done as little as possible had no heart for the job
Pros
Good coffe machine in canteen
Cons
Management were puppets afraid of staff that had been there for years
Very hypocritical company... talk the talk but certainly dont walk the walk. They are only interested in KPI's and keeping the bosses above happy. No real interest in the workforce. Put way too much time and money in technology- time sheets,holiday booking, trackers etc all of which never work and leaves the employee short ! Constantly making huge mistakes with policy implementation for which the employee suffers and never once admitting when wrong.. or reverting back to a time served and working system. Really need to start trusting more in their people and less in useless managers with letters after their names. And even less in stupid apps, computer programs and the clowns who peddle them. Mitie needs to get back to caring for and trusting its often very loyal employees, those who will far outlast the managers and directors who come and go like buses.
Pros
Directors running it have no idea..
Cons
Directors running it have no idea..
Great company, very inclusive and supportive. Great line managers, demanding but well rewarded. Hopefully opportunities to progress in the future 🙏
Pros
Free lunch
No job security, management is very poor on few sites, mostly they forced to do work where you refuse due poor environment. Some of managers are very rude.
Cons
You will get sacked for literally anything. Worst company ever. They under pay you and treat you worse than an animal. Your better off getting a job elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
Long hour's and not enought pay. Management treat you like rubbish
early mornings but finished before dinner time so rest of the day is yours. personally the wage i was on was good as was higher than NMW but was always underpaid every month! took nearly 8 months to get equiptment that was needed to complete tasks and when try to contact manager to ressolve any issues was always brushed under the carpet . Wont recommend working for the company at all unless you arent bothered about been short paid and early mornings.
Pros
finished before dinner time
Cons
under paid, some 5am starts, managers dont care
Dreadful company to work for. Been working for them for 2 months and I'm already £2000 short in wages, payroll team is absolutely useless, always shift the blame to someone else.Management is disorganised and talk to you like dirt, false promises about promotion and nothing comes of it, avoid mitie unless it's a last resort.
Pros
Cons
Payroll, management, work environment
This place is an absolute joke to workStaff get treated differently. The supervisor favouritises certain staff with overtime and does there work for them. Whilst others are slaving away. One rule for one. One rule for another. Management is never on site, staff get bullied, situations dont get sorted out and staff get very angry. Your never on the same section who knows what your doing when you come into work. Uniform wasnt provided you had to have hand me downs from a dirty cupboard and take it home to wash. Worst place ive ever worked. No training provided you just get on with it.. who knows what chemicals your using you wasnt trained on them either.
Cons
Terrible company to work for, management are bullies and promise you the earth and supply nothing, the company is ran soooo poorly, never work for this company!!
Unfortunately work here currently, dont understand how they manage to get contracts from the government, completely not understanding management, even worse payroll department, have constant problems with getting paid and they never own up to their mistakes and try to blame you for them, unless you have savings you can say goodbye to and have no other choice just dont work here, not worth the stress
Pros
Free lunch, most coworkers are decent people
Cons
Trash management, a lot of bumlicking to the management, constant problems getting paid
Most of the Frontline Staff have a severe lack of Morale where I work.Some of them are dirty,lazy and totally unprofessional and constantly moan about the Job and the Management.We are all on Zero Hours contracts and as a relief officer you will often spend time sitting at Home waiting for work and usually you will be given the worst sites to go to as no one else will cover them.The Management are a joke,you can never get to speak with them,and they constantly seem to get Others to do their work for them.All in all...Not a good working experience.
Pros
None.
Cons
Long Shifts, poor Pay.No incentives.
Terrible company! Poorly managed and zero respect for their employees. The pay is rubbish and they will keep you on the same rate for years. Avoid at all cost.
Pros
None.
Cons
No respect for employees
covid site in Deeside wales management are poor don’t listen to there staff no safe guarding regarding health and safety on site your expected to work in the dark with no lightning people have not been payed for the full month Theyve worked, people doing what they like no social distancing including management, lads stalking woman who have been for test by finding them on Facebook etc drinking ale on site and that’s the security, drug taking by majority of staff and management, fighting between staff,security fighting amongst themselves,harassment on site people who work on there have not been crb checked or given contracts,underpaid I would steer clear of this company only out for themselves and worried about losing government contracts not bothered about there staff.
Cons
It was just a good thing we were a hard working team who cared about our work. Never had enough materials and no one cared. I would never work for mitie again.
Pros
Cons
Just left to get on with not enough supplies and no one cared
I worked for the company for a number of years and had to leave due to work life balance. Contracted to full time hours but its compulsory to work from 7am until around 10/11pm everyday, and only having every other weekend off. If you raise concerns it doesn't change anything, we tried on many occasions. Pay is 4 weekly if you are hourly, and monthly if you are salaried. It was rare that I had any pay issues. But you are in no way paid for the hours you work, myself and my colleagues worked out our ACTUAL wage against our real hours and we are not even close to receiving the minimum wage. Management - most have worked their way up the ranks, so in one way that is good but because of that nothing will ever change. Work for Mitie if you want job security (although they restructure yearly to which you are interviewed with presentation etc) however there will be no time for anything outside of work. Fairly high turnover of management due to the unrealistic expectations and working hours and low pay.
Pros
Paid on time
Cons
Long hours, low pay, choose work or family not both
When I started cleaning for Mitie, I was not trained properly - my training shift took twenty minutes where I was shown basic tasks, and then told to clean something if it looked dirty. Once I began taking on more shifts at another store I got complaints that I wasn't doing enough, and had to figure out a lot of things on my own and with help from the staff at the stores I was cleaning. I was not informed of how payment worked in terms of pay dates and cut off dates, leading to much confusion, and I was underpaid on my pay date. I had to bring this issue up with my manager as it was not flagged by the company. Management are difficult to get a hold of when you need something, but keen to get hold of you if they need a shift covered. Also I had a day off because of food poisoning and was still encouraged to go into my shift regardless of my illness just because they had no cover for the area. At minimum wage and shifts starting at 6am, its not worth it.
Cons
bad shift times, payment problems
Working outside for large parts of 12 hour shift. No protective clothing issued. Two months into contract and no uniform of any description has been provided. Have never seen management. They talk a good game but reality is something else. Pay has never been right, being hundreds of pounds short, and it takes forever negotiating through a maze to get it put right. If you care for your health and want paid for the hours you have worked I would avoid Mitie.
Cons
Enjoyable place to work you have to keep up the quality standards in silverburn tesco the work in general is most satisfying when you complete the required standard,training new members of staff should be better and review update given, my previous employer I was hands on giving full training and experience within the company health & safety and standards required.
Pros
Working as a team.
Cons
Having to do other work before your own shift starts
Work here if you have given up on your career, you will stagnate, be ignored by managers and be bored out of your mind.Very inflexible and long hours for little regard, with very little progression opportunities. An example of the inflexibility is that the lunch break is one hour, despite repeated requests this could not be changed to 30mins and an earlier finish for no reason other than "it can't be".
Pros
Metrolink very close
Cons
Long hours, little reward and few progression opportunities
  1. Employee reviews