Mitsubishi Electric
Happiness score is 40 out of 100

Mitsubishi Electric Employee Reviews

United Kingdom85 reviews

cultureteambreakgoodpeoplemanagerstaffday

It's an okay workplace but it's not for everyone

Job can be stressful at times but also very rewarding because you feel like you are working for your money the holidays are quite good especially if you do 12 hour shifts

Pros

Decent holidays and pay

Cons

Long long hours

Ruined by Management

Would be an interesting job and challenging place to work if not for the managers, one in particular is a snake. Turnover was high but settled down for now. Never complimented for all the good, only critical for the most mundane reasons seems to be their default. Thick skin required to work here.

Insights into Mitsubishi Electric

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Life in the Mitsubishi lane

This job has been fantastic for me and my family. The pay well with shift allowance on top of basic competitive rates. Working 3 days a week and 4 once every 4 weeks is a game changer. I have also made friends for life. The work isnt as fast paced as other have said compared to other places but will keep you on your toes and stop you clock watching a being bored.

Pros

Good pay, holidays and progression

Cons

Long hours (12 hours)

Physically and mentally draining

There have certainly been pros and cons at Mitsubishi Electric for me so far. I don't believe it's anywhere near as good as some on here make it out to be, but don't feel it's as bad either.Working on nights, you're there for 12 hours 3 nights per week. Plus an extra Saturday every 4 weeks. It's hard, hard work and isn't just a case of doing 3 shifts. It takes a lot out of you because you're standing pretty much all night with a fast-paced line (considering things are running well). By the end of the week your feet will be killing you but there's plenty of time off afterward.The work itself isn't difficult, at least the jobs I've been given so far. Pretty straightforward but keeping up with the pace is the most difficult part. They'll train you to an extent but really you're just kind of thrown in after being shown something once or twice maximum. It's very sink or swim and the truth is that the high turnover symbolises that it really isn't for everyone.The most frustrating thing for me so far is the amount of times I've been moved to different areas. I've gotten to know people who have become good friends on my line only to be plucked with no prior warning or notice to another line or another building on the site altogether. All of a sudden you're never seeing those people again and you're then trying to build up new friendships in your new area. The most frustrating part is that you effectively feel as though you're back on day 1 of the job. Very frustrating and makes you feel pretty uneasy.At the interview they also went on about company progression. And whilst they -

Pros

Helpful colleagues. A good way to stay fit.

Cons

Break times very short, Progression within the company not as likely as they make out. Favouritism, Can be moved to different areas without any warning.

Same repetitive job

Management constantly on your back. Doing the same job over and over. Don’t get anything extra for working Sundays and Saturdays. Canteen not open for nightshift.

Good money nice people

Only bad think about Mitsubushi is the middle management thinking they are god.totally uncaring and disgusted by the way I was treated after coming back to work . Job is easy enough,lovely people working on the line ,high rate of turnover of staff proberly because they could be treated better by management ,lots of people walking out

Pros

Good shifts

Great people. Repetitive Work

People were nice. Place was not too clean especially the toilets and pointed this out to them. Breaks are awful, 3x20min break for 12hr shift. I felt rushed especially at lunch time where there would be a queue in the canteen sometimes and wouldn't have time to go to the toilet. Be prepared for very sore feet as the safety shoes they give you are very uncomfortable and you're not allowed to wear your own. Repetitive work and sometimes heavy load so you go to be fit for this part. For what they pay you is definitely not worth the money in any department you work in. I seen many people come and go they don't last. There are different shift patterns to suit everyone which is the best part. I had to leave home early to make sure I always got a parking space.

Pros

Subsidies Canteen. Different Shift Patterns to Suit You. 2 weeks of at Christmas Paid.

Cons

Parking Problems. Standing on Your Feet All Day. Breaks Too Short.

Good Hours.

It’s not exactly interesting work, but the hours are very good and supervisors and managers are nice. Pay is okay, would recommend to working there to anyone looks for work in that industry.

Run for the hills!!!

Absolute terrible place to work avoid!! 2 20 minute breaks in 9 hours and if you put your coat on 1 minute before break/home time you get in trouble.

Pros

Half day Friday

Cons

Supervisers, managers, break times, expectations

management was unfair

some managers made it feel impossible to have a healthy mind at work, especially if you’re young they tend to pick at younger audiences. when things are made clear that you’re uncomfortable about something or the work you are doing you’re struggling, they don’t understand how you can’t do something as fast as them or are even struggling. you’re made to feel stupid, the higher management need to be paying closer attention to supervisors, line leaders etc. the things they say and do can be horrible

Pros

free coffee, holidays are paid, good experience and job improvement etc and overtime is an option

Cons

the management, the system

Good job overall

Managers are not to great, dealing with people, typical day in work, constantly doing same thing like robot, only good think is Friday 12pm finish

Pros

Canteen

Cons

Pay, Pay, pay

Awful and depressing workplace

Worked here for a few years Awful managers Horrible atmosphere No career progression Salary below the market Depressing and bullying staff members Do not work here

Pros

Cons

All bad

Not the best

Breaks are short especially working 12 hour shifts.3x 10 min break1x 30 min break.Pay is quite poor especially on night shift.Management is ok but depends on who you have

Very productive workplace with helpful always available.

Great place to work, sometimes very fast paced and comes along with certain target numbers to be met however there is normally not anyone shouting at you and they are pretty happy as long as you are working.

Pros

Salary/Time off

Cons

Really hard work, sometimes boring.

Horrible place

Too many people who think their the boss. Staff come and go like a revolving door. management don't care about anyone just as long as units are getting built

Pros

Cons

Very stressful place pay and breaks rubbish. Atmosphere toxic

Ok for a short time, or career for beginner.

I'd hoped for a small job to tide me over for two years till retirement. Every time they gave me a job that suited me I had to train newbies who then got my job and I got another. Hellish system.

Pros

Free coffee. Some clothing supplied

Cons

Threat of shift changes ever present.

Horrible management

It's an alright job there are both harder and easier parts of it. People are friendly easy to get on with them however the management is pathetic. They are like dictators and they think they are something else. They have no clue about anything whatsoever so they focus on stupid things instead of paying attention to important stuff that could make the production more efficient. Employees are treated terribly wrong.

Pros

2 weeks off at Christmas

Cons

Bad management give you a hard time

Nice collegues to work with but poor management

Poor managementMicro managing overpowering Do not empower employees.People skills lackingCulture people skills lackingUnnecessary duplication of tasks due to lack of communication with management.Long hours and not recognised Appraisals based on manager comments only and manager perception of how the employee should work. No flexibility in flexibile hours only special can.

Pros

Great employees to work with

Cons

Bad management

Secure Employment if you want to work

Currently worked here for 8 years and no intention of leaving. If you show initiative and interest in the product were building you won't be on the same mundane task every week.I've worked for many places that offer no employee benefits or support, that is 100 percent not the case here.There are issues with material supply...... we just came through a pandemic to be hit by brexit of course there are delays with materials.Line leaders and supervisors do need to brush up on people skills to understand you get more from people by being relatable and to be fair Management is not perfect but I have found the vast majority to be professional and polite which is the approach that Japanese management expect from all levels of management. If your Young, old,male, female you are welcome to join us. If you want to work and take a bit of pride in what we are assembling my advice is give us a call there are opportunities for those who want to take them. If you couldn't care less and just want to cash a paycheck every week DO NOT APPLY!The break times could be improved as the 10 min breaks i think reduce productivity.Machinery has become old and do breakdown but heavy investment is underway to improve the equipment efficiency.People want instant results with everything but fail to realise the full barriers we face.

Pros

Secure employment, employee support programme, approachable HR

Cons

Fast paced factory

Good procedures

Well managed contracts. Good vibe. Airy office. We'll set up for projects. Friendly atmosphere. Professional attitude. Work life balance. Good management

Pros

Local

Cons

Very busy

Repetetive

All the production operator jobs are extremely repetitive, if you like standing about doing the same task daily without any change then you might like working here. At first you think it's easy money, but give it a few weeks and the novelty of doing the same repetitive job quickly fades.You will find line leaders and "so called" higher up people are like mini-hitlers, they only get pad a fraction more than you but they think they are something special, and they will have favourites, and often never talk to others, just whatever takes their fancy really, and they never seem to be doing much other than turning up the line speed, walking about, or sitting at their desk.The place can be a joke too in how everything is run, expect parts to go missing, parts to not be ordered, equipment to break down as it's all old and ancient, and then if no work instead of sending you home they rather you just sweep up and pretend to be busy.The pay is decent, but you can get similar jobs where you do different tasks so each shift is a little different, you will not get that at Mitsubishi Electric, and get used to looking at the clock so you can enjoy your long 10 minute breaks.

Pros

Free Hot Drinks

Cons

Repetetive Work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mitsubishi Electric. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement