MMD Communications Ltd - An O2 Franchise

MMD Communications Ltd - An O2 Franchise Employee Reviews

If your a student out of college or university and need money then this job is for you. The wage is poor and to increase your wage you have extremely difficult targets to hit which if you do hit they find a way not to pay. Your work colleagues are what make this job fun.
Worked for the company for almost 10 years, always rewarded hard work. Great company to grow, learn and develop skills. Rapid progression. Fantastic commission structure. Challenging in a good way. Proper sales driven kpi focused environment that sales oriented people should thrive in.
Terrible company to work for. Attempt to keep you sweet by promising fairytales. Transparency in the company is non existent, targets are made seemingly impossible to hit on a month the month basis, salary is dreadful, ethos horrendous, treatment of staff is dispicable.
I have worked in sales for a few years, and have an understanding on the “abrupt” sales culture. However at MMD they go above that, and almost bully their staff into bullying their customer. There is ZERO regard to the customer, and you’re threatened with having to “phone the regional manager” if you don’t manage to sit every customer down. They micromanage the CCTV cameras to the point you’re scared to do anything, and are regularly told you can “go work at mcdonalds” if you remotely try and do something for the customer out with the ‘money grabbing business structure.’ NOT representative of o2 direct, MMD have only £ signs in their eyes and you’re easily replaceable. You’re promised this lucrative bonus structure that if you “work hard for” you’ll get it easy, but they look for ANY reason to take it off of you
Pros
Na
Cons
Long hours, belittling, never get bonus
Brilliant place to work , always the opportunity to progress , very fast pace but exciting , you need to be driven and competitive so you can achieve your targets
This is honestly thee worse company I've ever worked for in my life, I worked there for 5 years, use to love it to begin with but then the life was slowly an surely sucked outta me, management don't care about you at all, they only care if targets are hit and their bonus paid, they receive targets from 02 then make up their own ridiculous ones for staff to hit...Staff even top performers are made to feel in valued and put under extreme pressures to hit KPIs which leads to miss-selling by using the discount scheme to “add” on extra products. - A SME target which is not used for its correct purpose (business customers) instead pushed onto the most vulnerable of customers.
Worked with o2 under this franchise ended up being the worst working conditions I have ever experienced. Below are “Some” of the negatives of my stay; - Staff even top performers are made to feel in valued and put under extreme pressures to hit KPIs which leads to miss-selling by using the discount scheme to “add” on extra products. - A SME target which is not used for its correct purpose (business customers) instead pushed onto the most vulnerable of customers. - YOU PAY FOR YOUR OWN UNIFORM, yes you will need to pay £100 for uniform which is deducted from your wage monthly! - You have to sign a disclaimer which states any mistakes made which leads to loss will be deducted from your wage (£1 or £100 this will be taken from your wage). - No work / family life balance this company knows your every move and you are expected to eat, sleep and breathe MMD on social media and in your personal life. - Numerous WhatsApp groups which you are expected to be on 24/7. - Expected to shop floor manage yet expected to reply to the constant barrage of emails throughout day and night one shift I counted 85 emails) - New starts used for the 60 friends and family discounts then once they are finished you are encouraged to performance manage and get someone else in for discounts. - Encouraged to use said discounts but then punished with deductions from bonus for each one you use. - Conference calls 7 days per week with positivity seen as a weakness, don’t laugh or give positive feedback it’s frowned upon. - Sales staff kept on minimum wage so they focus on what can be an impossible - more...
Worked for mmd for over 18 months as an advisor. Was amazing to begin with when mmd took over but soon a lot of staff were being moved to dead end positions or given impossible targets so it was easier to move them on so a lot of new faces and far to many cooks trying to tell you how to do the one job. Targets were always being increased and there was never ending promises of bonuses that never happened. Poor work balance as my phone was non stop from senior management. Avoid.
Never worked in a company where I went home feeling sick with stress and anxiety at the end of a hard days work. Unfortunately that isn’t the end of the stress as you are contacted at all hours of the night via WhatsApp looking for information, feedback or even just to lay into you about the days sales. I used to dread getting up and going in to face another daily conference call where you We’re further scrutinised only this time in front of your peers. Not worth it. Your mental and emotional wellbeing are far more important that these guys profits.
Easily the most uncomfortable experience I’ve ever had at a place of work. No training provided but still chastised when you get something wrong, constantly pestered by creepy managers outside of working hours, expected to pay around £100 for uniform, watched on cctv throughout your shift and contacted if you arnt standing in the right place or way, wages docked because managers can’t work clock in system. Terrible!
MMD is a horrible company to work for. I’ve worked here for several months now and have come to the conclusion I wouldn’t subject my worst enemy to an experience like this. The company is rife with bullying leaving many of the staff in a poor mental state. There is no work/life balance as you are constantly pestered by management outside of working hours via WhatsApp and “encouraged” to use your personal Facebook account to advertise for the company. Avoid.
My time at MMD Communications was easily the most soul crushingly depressing and stressful working environment I’ve ever experienced. Management treat you like complete garbage. I’ve worked in challenging, target driven roles before however I’ve never come across a company where all of the staff are so unhappy. I know first hand much of this is due to treatment by senior management who seem to take the approach that there staff can be easily replaced, perhaps a good indicator of this is the unusually high turnover of staff. During my time there I was shocked at the number of staff that left after being poorly treated. The company and its managers don’t seem to be to phased by this as I’ve never heard of exit interviews being conducted or any other attempts for them to understand and try and remedy many of their staff’s concerns which lead them to leaving. It’s not uncommon to see the same positions coming up again and again. This tells a story in itself. Its a shame as when I left, the teams I worked with had changed so much. People who were vastly inexperienced were being slotted into roles they weren’t ready for as management scrambled to plug gaps. I feel bad for some of these individuals as they receive little support from management and do nothing for the credibility of these store when the managers are no more knowledgeable than the ground level advisors who are not long in the door. In conclusion, no matter how badly I needed work I would never work for mmd communications again, nor would I ever recommend it to anyone else.
Pros
O2 discounts, my team, customers
Cons
Management are shocking and inexperienced, no support, no more than a number to the franchisee
Had the displeasure of working for mmd communications ltd for a short period this year. Management were horrible people who treated staff like trash. On several occasions my wages were made up wrong due to unexpected and unfair deductions for being a few minutes late here and there. Whilst O2 claim to put the customer first this lot do anything but. You couldn’t pay me enough money to work for this lot again.
I’m currently employed by MMD and work in one of the shops. This is without a doubt one of the most needlessly stressful environments I’ve ever had the miss-fortune of working in. When you first join you are told of a rich commission scheme but in reality targets are unreasonably high for the shop locations and often where you have made ground on hitting your targets the company has been known to move the goal posts on you and not paying out for your hard work. I am particularly disturbed by the fact management at head office clearly spend much of their day watching you on cctv remotely, occasionally calling to berate you and emailing you cctv screenshots to let you know they are watching. Too much stress for not enough return.
I worked for mmd communications for around six months in one of there O2 retail stores. Having previously mobile phone store I thought this would be a good fit for me. Unfortunately after only a couple of weeks with the company I realised it was a very different working environment to my previous employer. I was shocked to learn I would have to sacrifice some of my salary to pay for uniform, something I’ve never had to do with any previous employer. Barely anyone in my shop appeared happy to be there, with many actively looking for other work. During my short time with the company I saw many folk move on. I got the impression that the company didn’t really care as they seem to constantly be hiring. I saw no indication of the senior management taking steps to understand why so many people were leaving. In fact it seemed like they treated staff as expendable, used them up and spat them out. My training was almost non-existent which led to me making the odd mistake. When these happened I was dragged over the coals despite never having any time to absorb training or properly get to grips with the processes. All in all, a very disorganised company, poor training and toxic working environment.
Pros
Some nice colleagues
Cons
Everyone’s unhappy, very little training and support, have to pay for uniform yourself, management doesn’t really care
I worked for MMD for a number of months last year. I was shocked by how little management seemed to care for the staff and how stressed and miserable the vast majority of staff appeared to be. I’ve never worked in a place where staff felt so undervalued and genuinely didn’t seem to want to be there. Poor, inexperienced senior management, lack of clear direction, extremely poor pay and general lack of interest in staff wellbeing all play a part in making MMD a less than attractive place to work.
Pros
Good discounts.
Cons
Poor management, unachievable targets, poor pay.
Worked for MMD for over 5 months but wish I never joined. Job advert promised OTE earnings of 32k a year which is an absolute joke, targets constantly being changed by senior management so you had no chance to hit them to achieve a bonus. Didnt feel comfortable during my shifts as management had remote CCTV access and would call you if you sat down or went for a cup of tea. Save your self the hassle and look for a job at O2 direct rather than franchise as your just a number and will be treated as such. avoid
Pros
O2 discounts are not bad
Cons
long hours, high pressure sales and poor working environment
Horrible experience from start to finish. Just in the door and your told you’ll need to pay for your own uniform. This can be done upfront or deducted from your wages over time. Next your registered on the antiquated clock in system that they use to dock your wages. Then comes the near non existent training in order to be compliant to sell contracts. Senior management are so keen to get you selling, that they cut corners in your training in order to put you in positions where your selling products you don’t fully understand , using systems you aren’t remotely proficient in. Avoid this one at all costs. My advice would be to speak to one of the many employees who has left.
I loved my time at O2 and is great for development and progression. Fun place to work and management are great to work for. Great incentives and would recommend
I have progressed through the company as my skill set has grown. Internal progression is ingrained in the company ethos. Targets are challenging but only due to the company outstanding track record of being able to deliver. The best thing is that the company provides the tools to achieve. Management are always on hand to support you in finding your own solutions. Great company to work for.
Pros
Commission, benefits, team building, training structure.
Cons
some travel time