Mole Country Stores
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

Working at Mole Country Stores: Latest Mole Country Stores Reviews

United Kingdom43 reviews

staffcustomergoodlottimehourpayday

Great place to work poor pay

I enjoyed working here but pay was poor for my position. Also the hours were long and worked every other weekend. The general workers were on minimum wage.

Such a fun place

Mole Country Stores is by far the best job I have had. Laid back management with an amazing team. The work is very slow paced usually with the occasional busy hour.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Can be boring

Insights into Mole Country Stores

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things

offered lots of training

Lots of external training offered. Job role involved heavy lifting and customer service. Some operational aspects of the role far too complicated making good customer service tricky at times. Job suited to someone with equine or farming background.

Pros

good training opportunities

Cons

heavy lifting

Lack of support and job security.

Training was very limited, for the amount to learn on out of date systems didn’t seem to warrant the expectations required. Lots of courses to expand your learning which was good, some limited and made you wanting to learn more as it left you feeling half trained. Some people within the business are very supportive and will help you. Simple tasks can take forever to be resolved by head office. Just gets passed on from one person to another. Didn’t feel supported throughout the short period of time within the business from my Area Manager, the review process wasn’t very constructive and left me feeling a little lost.Job security doesn’t exist!

Pros

Work life balance, team supportive on parental leave, salary, supportive training stores.

Cons

Job security, not enough training, don’t see your manager enough, review process is poor, out of date systems, lots of time wasting on simple tasks.

The people I work with were awesome, but management were poor

Every day was different, meeting new people and meeting the regulars was greats but we were never praise for meet targets and pushing sells. Didn’t have proper training on certain items. Always short staff

Pros

Meeting new people everyday

Cons

Management was very poor Very stressful Short staffed all the time Paid not good

Welcoming and Motivating

An engaging and fast paced environment where, you're nurtured and heavily encouraged for self development, professional growth and product knowledge within the agri / retail industry.The people who work in Mole and help keep the engine ticking is what is truly unique. Everyone is there for each other always pushing one another to achieve great things, across every section! Goals are a huge driving force and Mole Valley give you all the tools you need to make them happen.

Pros

Onboarding experience and Learning and Development courses available

Lack of training

No training given just expected to know what to do and where everything in the shop was. Lack of jobs to do during the long working hours. Got bored super fast. Lack of variety in the work every day. Some staff were rude and uninviting, thinking themselves higher than you.

Cons

Long hours, no training, not much work to do

Average Job

Not a bad place to work, management can make questionable choices and aren't clear communicators, but there is no hostility. Good place to work to learn more about retail, no 2 shifts are the same.

Stock File Administrator

No help or back up from management. An ever changing stock file that is impossible to keep accurate. Zero thanks for the amount of work you put in. Dreadful pay - one year was a 0.3p payrise. Higher management don't care about staff and are very sloppy shouldered. They stress and have no idea how to communicate with their staff. If you want to work in an environment of very low pay, get abused by customers yet expect to work your backside off for little thanks - this is the job for you.

Pros

Cons

Everything listed

Amazing place to work, work family

I’ve been here over 2 years now for a job I intended to stay just for a year or so for. I wake up on the day of my job and look forward to every day ahead, yes there are times when it can be stressful and there are times when customers annoy you but the whole culture at mole country stores is great. We might not get paid enough for what we do but that’s head office for you not the store! The management constantly complement on how well we’re doing and giving us recognition for our jobs! You get great staff benefits as well!

Pros

Great staff benefits, amazing people!

Cons

None!

Mole Country Stores Market Rasen

If it wasn’t for the people I work with it would be the most depressing place to work. Great manager. Pay is not the best. But was put thru Forklift training.

Pros

Good staff discount

Cons

Weekend work. Set hours! No overtime

Unorganized & unprofessional

They use ancient computer systems! The training is messy, very unlear and also extremely contradictory. The pay is tereible! The management are dreadful.

Pros

Some very nice team members!

Cons

Most other things!

Rewarding but stressful

It's a very fast-paced workplace, there's always something that needs to be doing but there is a team to help you get through your work load. The main issue I have found has been the archaic till system and it took me months to understand it, but it is a rewarding place to work with a lot of friendly people.

Pros

Good team

Enjoyable place to work

I only work there one day a week, but I'm very grateful for the enjoyable/team atmosphere. Very rarely do you do the same thing for the whole day and your co-workers are happy to help you out. Manager and assistant manager are phenomenal (very knowledgeable and helpful) however they've hired a younger deputy manager who's rubbish compared to them. She's the only one who I wouldn't feel comfortable asking for help from. we all look out for each other and you can have a laugh as well.

Great People

Great place to work, great training options Fast paced, lovely customers, good staff benefit Work team are good and a reliable company to work for if your face fits

Fun place to work, team work,

Still work here a year later, good to work for need to sort out the team roles as no one know what they are doing so times. great 1st job, not much progrestion

A mixed experience

They expect an awful lot from you with very little in return. There is no overtime pay or time in lieu unless head office agree to and the management leaves little to be desired. The company expects you to continuously grow, which is good, however when they have begun to price themselves out of the market with products, as well as providing sub standard own brand; also having a warehouse system which allows us o write of thousands of pounds a month due to mispicks at the central warehouse and leaving stock very low, how do they expect you to keep growing? You are also expected to go up and down the country for training, and unless you seem to be bed bound they wont accept no for an answer - or go or lose your position. At the beginning it was ok, it just about paid the bills, but a lot of internal change has occurred and there is a lot of internal politics which works its way down to everyone within the company and makes life incredibly hard. I deeply regret the decision to leave my previous employment for the role, as it was not what I was informed it would be.

Busy and fun workplace

I really enjoyed my time at Mole. I found there was a lot to do but this always kept you busy. My colleagues and management would always muck in to help one another.

Great staff terrible company

If you want to work yourself into the ground with very poor pay then look no further. Choosing to leave the company and being told you have the right amount of holiday to take then bam you don't get a penny, ignorance when emailing and phoning head office and hr

Let down

We were the logistics team from countrywide. We were given empty promises. Basically they picked us up and stamped all over us they didn't give us a chance.

Fast paced working environment,

Mole is a good place to work for students, there are flexible hours and a fast paced environment. Its a good place to chunk out the monthly expenses. Great atmosphere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mole Country Stores. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Mole Country Stores with

Learn about Mole Country Stores in popular locations

• Mole Country Stores
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?