Momenta Group

Working at Momenta Group: Latest Momenta Group Reviews

United Kingdom12 reviews

Good for the money

Contracting via Momenta was good. However, once you are in the role, there is a hands off approach, which depending on how you like to work could be good or bad. I think with as a managing body it is alright, but I wasn't particularly impressed nor did I want to be placed by them again. There was a lot of staff turnover and you were constantly being treated like a number. Any issues/queries with your contract were hard to deal with over the phone, but they were better over email. The placements were good though, good money. But wasn't a long-term scenario.

Pros

Good money, good placements

Cons

poor customer service.

Awful Company do not go there

Work is challenging at first but once you get the hang of it, its all coasting from there. Contractors get paid double your rate for the same work. Fixed term contracts only.

Pros

Cons

everything

Insights into Momenta Group

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Trust in colleagues

Relaxed Work Environment

A lot of emphasis on quality and a very strong sense of teamwork. Going the extra mile is encouraged and an extremely process and target led work environment.

Graduates Stay Away

You will get used and used - you mean nothing to Momenta. They are too up in the backside of Deloitte and others they recruit for. You mean nothing. This is not a grad scheme. You will get half the rate of pay contractors get for same job. There is no job security or opportunity to join Deloitte - Its a lie. The industry is contractual so no job security - they'll hire and fire is seconds. This is not a foot into the finance industry. It's admin work! Best advice is if you have no option take job and look for a grad scheme (don't stay longer than 6 months).

Don't

You are on a conveyer belt. In the event any of your colleagues decide to cause you problems they are welcome to do so at your expense. Nobody will hear you scream. In addition, expect to wait three or four months beyond your initial start date to actually start. Do not quit your job until the last possible second, because chances are, nobody will bother to let you know that you are postponed until the day before you are due to start. Avoid. There are better contracting agencies.

Engaging

Still in classroom but enjoying it so far. From the word from other colleagues apparently its a fun place to work. I hope i find thats the case when i get started.

Good agency to work as a contractor in the Financial Services sector

I started with Momenta in March 2017 in a project for one of the big four consultancy firms. Through these 2 years I´ve been working in 2 different projects where I´ve been promoted 3 times and where Momenta has been always taking care of my role. They are always asking you how is the project, how is the work situation or if we have any problems/concerns with the client. Once a project is finished, they will always try to give you another project as soon as there is one available, prioritizing our candidature over other external applications, therefore, if you are committed to the project you are assigned to, they will give you more work once a project is finished. As I said, we´ve had always a representative of Momenta in the client´s offices available to chat with us if we have any questions about work / payments/ contract/ role, etc. I´ve finished a project in March, and straight away they offered me another 2, which I couldn´t take at that time for personal reasons. Now in June, I am ready to work again, and they offered me another role straight away. When you start the vetting you will have a personal consultant taking care of your application (in this case mine has been Meghan Webb), who´s been following my process all the time and asking me about my preferences for the start dates, etc. trying to accommodate our personal situations to the project, which I really appreciate. If you are professional, committed to work and you want to start a career as a contractor in the Financial Services, I recommend Momenta as a very good agency to start with (and -

Pros

Very good communication, continuous follow ups

Cons

Vetting process is a bit painful (although I believe is the client requirement, so Momenta is just doing its job)

getting worse day by day

This agency has lack of understanding, reluctant to go extra miles, extremely slow in processing candidate files and also lack of knowledge and skills.Also a lier!

Good agency to use if you're looking to go into contracting

Momenta group is a good agency if you are looking to go into contracting. also once you are signed on with them, it's much easier to get onto the next contract.

Avoid at all costs

Was given a start day and this was pushed back several times. Ended up 6 weeks with no pay. I'd advise anyone to have nothing to do with Momenta, horrible company

Productive, long hours

Here I learnt a lot of skills. I quickly moved from a complaint handler role to a quality assurance role.The targets that you work towards are achievable.

Pros

Salary

Cons

lack of job security as contact work

not impressed

I was not impressed. The recruitment was smooth, but after starting my contract I felt I was not given support and guidance. Speaking to a representative of Momenta was a mission. They did not have our back.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Momenta Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement