Monarch Education

Monarch Education Employee Reviews

United Kingdom79 reviews

consultantsupplyagencyeducationschoolhelpfulstafffriendly

A good starting block

Wanting to change my career into education if wanted to make sure I was making the right decision so decided to get experience. Monarch has clients across all sectors of education, primary, secondary and PRU's. I was able to get the experience I needed and get a full time permanent position in a school. The team at monarch are incredibly supportive and professional, making my time with them pleasant and enjoyable.

Pros

supportive team

Cons

irregular work schedules.

Flexible and reliable work

Working with Monarch has allowed me the opportunity to expand my teaching practice and continually develop both my professional and teaching identity. My role as a Supply Teacher has allowed me to work in various schools in my location, providing me with a variety of experiences and diversity in the classroom.

Pros

Weekly Pay and additional pay for teaching my specialism

Cons

Ba behaviour of students

Insights into Monarch Education

What people like
  • Support from manager
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose

Rude and unprofessional

Do not join them, they will knock your confidence and make you feel like you can be spoken in a rude way. Very unprofessional and rude management and you are forced to work at certain schools or they threaten to take you of the agency and no work. They also gave me an unprofessional reference so no one else registers me.I am happy I left this company and joined more helpful and professional companies with better pay too.

Pros

Non

Cons

Less pay Unprofessional Rude Lack of work Negative reference

Unprofessional

The interview was really simple to pass, the consultant wasn't really professional during the interview process. Not a lot of training for supply TA to be ready to go to school. The compliance team can be very inefficient and inflexible (e.g., ask for things that weren't possible to provide), they claim they follow their own rules with document checking but sometimes these rules are unnecessary and the compliance team doesn't seem to have a good understanding of the national policy. Some staff can be very unprofessional and sometimes rude. The salary pay is so low (and the monarch as an agency still takes money off what you earned) which can honestly be a form of exploitation.Overall, this company as a whole needs to change its policy and values, making sure to enhance the standard of consultants and other staff hired.

Poor

Unresponsive. Not good communication with the office who promised roles but never delivered at all within the first six months of registering. Not good

Pros

Cons

Loads

Good to meet great team

I've worked as a supply teacher for them for 10 years and been happy with their support. In the event of problems they individual agents have been very supportive

Pros

None really.

Cons

Prefer to know ahead of schools needing Cover, realise this is difficult.

Never a dull moment

Always busy, with something to do. Very friendly staff and lovely children. Encouraged to be as independent as possible. My agent at monarch education has been beyond helpful and supportive.

Educative and fun workplace

Monarch education is a very pleasant place to work. Learn so much working with monarch education, which helps me in my current job. I enjoyed my time working with monarch education.

Good Staff but no work

Hiring process simple and effective, but ultimately no work whatsoever. 1 call in a month there for a qualified core subject teacher, and it was a 60 minute drive without traffic, wanting you to be there in 30 minutes.

Pros

Easy Hiring Process, good DBS process

Cons

No work whatsoever

Highly recommended

The staff at Monarch endeavour to source work at schools/locations of our choice for both short and long term placements. Their approach is welcoming and communication exemplary whether by call, text or email. I can highly recommend the Northampton office/branch whose support has been ongoing throughout the turbulence of the last 12 months.

Pros

Communication, availability of work

Great agency

Never had a problem with this company.Always stayed in touch with me even through covid. Always helped me when I needed it and tried to give me a much notice as they could.

Inexperienced staff and management

I am not sure if all staff and management at this company are involved, but I had a very terrible experience during my time with them. Inactive when it comes to communication and the ones that I dealt with were very unprofessional, inexperienced, and passive.

Pros

Communication and follow up

Cons

Noncommunicative

– 25 January 2021
We are extremely sorry to receive your feedback. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please contact candidatesupport@affinityworkforce.com and we would be happy to help you, and look to find out how we can improve our service offerings moving forward.

Rude interviews

Had an interview with the company. Explained after interview that I have decided not to take the job because of salary. Employee was very rude and unprofessional in an email back to me. Stating that I am wasting my time at where I am working now because I am not using my degree. Just very unprofessional especially for a education company.

Pros

Rude

Cons

Quick process

– 2 December 2020

Don't bother

Wouldn't even bother to apply to this company, completely unprofessional and unhelpful from start to finish. They will charge you for a DBS and then tell you "there is no work".

– 25 September 2020
We are very sorry to this feedback. Please contact candidatesupport@affinityworkforce.com to discuss your service and we will be happy to help you.

Amazing agency to work for.

Always looking out for you and finding you the best jobs close to your area. Management are great, very friendly and approachable, always available if/when needed. Highly recommend!

Helpful and kind

I worked for Monarch as a supply teacher/TA and not for them directly. The staff there were always kind, friendly and helpful. It did not take them long to put me into a suitable role and they were efficient and friendly when sending me through the details of the position I was being sent to.

Pros

Continuous supply work.

Cons

Supply work

Working for Monarch

I was promised a variety of settings including schools and nurseries yet I only ever attended two different nurseries over 4 months. Barely any work and was no contact checking on how I found the settings you also get ripped off by the pay

Friendly, pro active office environment

A nice office to work in. Good location in the city and a friendly, pro active team. I only worked there temporarily for 4 weeks. I carried out tasks; preparing files to be scanned and scanning the files onto the in-house system and archiving, Filing away documents in archives, Typing up customer details into Excel spreadsheets and sending emails.

Didn't give enough work

When eventually getting work, all the settings were lovely to work in. Hardly got any work even though when phoning they said there was plenty of it. Staff were rude Didnt pay correctly

– 8 April 2020
Thank you for your review. We are deeply disappointed to hear about your negative experience with Monarch. We would hugely appreciate if you could contact us via: candidatesupport@affinityworkforce.com explaining the situation further so we can look to help and improve our service offerings moving forward.

There an ok company to get you back into work

I found monarch through a course I did at the job centre they was great at first plenty of work for a school cleaner but once I had found a permanent job so wasnt available all the time things changed.i decided to leave straight away as I was finding it difficult with family life but you have to give one weeks notice it's ironic really they expect you to go to a job within an hours notice.

Pros

Good hourly pay

Cons

The staff need retraining on how to talk to there employees

Agency similar to most.

Number of work days varies depending on time of year. Pay rates don't increase, despite your experience. I can choose the days I want to work, which suits me

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monarch Education. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement