Monarch Education logo
Monarch Education

Monarch Education Employee Reviews

A good starting block

Wanting to change my career into education if wanted to make sure I was making the right decision so decided to get experience. Monarch has clients across all sectors of education, primary, secondary and PRU's. I was able to get the experience I needed and get a full time permanent position in a school. The team at monarch are incredibly supportive and professional, making my time with them pleasant and enjoyable.

Pros

supportive team

Cons

irregular work schedules.

Never a dull moment

Always busy, with something to do. Very friendly staff and lovely children. Encouraged to be as independent as possible. My agent at monarch education has been beyond helpful and supportive.

Educative and fun workplace

Monarch education is a very pleasant place to work. Learn so much working with monarch education, which helps me in my current job. I enjoyed my time working with monarch education.

Good Staff but no work

Hiring process simple and effective, but ultimately no work whatsoever. 1 call in a month there for a qualified core subject teacher, and it was a 60 minute drive without traffic, wanting you to be there in 30 minutes.

Pros

Easy Hiring Process, good DBS process

Cons

No work whatsoever

Highly recommended

The staff at Monarch endeavour to source work at schools/locations of our choice for both short and long term placements. Their approach is welcoming and communication exemplary whether by call, text or email. I can highly recommend the Northampton office/branch whose support has been ongoing throughout the turbulence of the last 12 months.

Pros

Communication, availability of work

Great agency

Never had a problem with this company.Always stayed in touch with me even through covid. Always helped me when I needed it and tried to give me a much notice as they could.

Inexperienced staff and management

I am not sure if all staff and management at this company are involved, but I had a very terrible experience during my time with them. Inactive when it comes to communication and the ones that I dealt with were very unprofessional, inexperienced, and passive.

Pros

Communication and follow up

Cons

Noncommunicative

– 25 January 2021
We are extremely sorry to receive your feedback. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please contact candidatesupport@affinityworkforce.com and we would be happy to help you, and look to find out how we can improve our service offerings moving forward.

Rude interviews

Had an interview with the company. Explained after interview that I have decided not to take the job because of salary. Employee was very rude and unprofessional in an email back to me. Stating that I am wasting my time at where I am working now because I am not using my degree. Just very unprofessional especially for a education company.

Pros

Rude

Cons

Quick process

– 2 December 2020

Don't bother

Wouldn't even bother to apply to this company, completely unprofessional and unhelpful from start to finish. They will charge you for a DBS and then tell you "there is no work".

– 25 September 2020
We are very sorry to this feedback. Please contact candidatesupport@affinityworkforce.com to discuss your service and we will be happy to help you.

Amazing agency to work for.

Always looking out for you and finding you the best jobs close to your area. Management are great, very friendly and approachable, always available if/when needed. Highly recommend!

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Monarch Education?

Helpful and kind

I worked for Monarch as a supply teacher/TA and not for them directly. The staff there were always kind, friendly and helpful. It did not take them long to put me into a suitable role and they were efficient and friendly when sending me through the details of the position I was being sent to.

Pros

Continuous supply work.

Cons

Supply work

Friendly, pro active office environment

A nice office to work in. Good location in the city and a friendly, pro active team. I only worked there temporarily for 4 weeks. I carried out tasks; preparing files to be scanned and scanning the files onto the in-house system and archiving, Filing away documents in archives, Typing up customer details into Excel spreadsheets and sending emails.

Didn't give enough work

When eventually getting work, all the settings were lovely to work in. Hardly got any work even though when phoning they said there was plenty of it. Staff were rude Didnt pay correctly

– 8 April 2020
Thank you for your review. We are deeply disappointed to hear about your negative experience with Monarch. We would hugely appreciate if you could contact us via: candidatesupport@affinityworkforce.com explaining the situation further so we can look to help and improve our service offerings moving forward.

There an ok company to get you back into work

I found monarch through a course I did at the job centre they was great at first plenty of work for a school cleaner but once I had found a permanent job so wasnt available all the time things changed.i decided to leave straight away as I was finding it difficult with family life but you have to give one weeks notice it's ironic really they expect you to go to a job within an hours notice.

Pros

Good hourly pay

Cons

The staff need retraining on how to talk to there employees

Agency similar to most.

Number of work days varies depending on time of year. Pay rates don't increase, despite your experience. I can choose the days I want to work, which suits me

Good group to work for

From interview to actually working I feel supported, good instructions given and good follow up. Because of the nature of supply teach it can be sporadic mostly in hookah. Work in suitable locations was sourced whet possible and I appreciated this.

Good

Nice organised work culture Friendly representatives Paid on time Very helpful in organising route to school I received all jobs over the phone, did not really have face to face contact with my representative.

Amazing company

Amazing company started September last year and they have found quite a few jobs suitable for my position Amazing area manager and always really helpful

Pros

Get to work the hours I want

Cons

Sometimes SEN not always required, sometimes no hours.

under new management

My first contact with this company was with a consultant who never processed my application and background checks. Happily when he left they got back in touch with me and worked with me to sort out and justify extended periods of career breaks. I have been hugely satisfied with the mode of contact, the regularity of work, the communication and the daily rates

Pros

ease of communication

Horrendous company to work for

They will find you work, but they do not care about you. They do not listen to your availability, personal life or willing commute distance. I do not recommend this company. They never respond to emails but will bombard you with emails when they want something from you. AVOID

N/a

Some people are friendly but it’s like they don’t understand your requirements and expect you to be available all the time specially when you have explained you have an appointment and they get funny with you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monarch Education. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement