Monash Health

Monash Health Employee Reviews

95% of the staff and management are awesome. But the other 5% can really make stress you out.

Great place to work and with job security. But entry level positions (Nursing assistant) are looked down upon at times and treated with less respect and can make thing unnecessary stressful. 95% are great people to work with. But still good experience but with HAN start time is 10 am to 6pm so no life during working days.

nice

This placement gave me the confidence to continue my nursing and i really appreciated all the staff that helped me with my time there.I gained the skills of liaising with health professionals, booking appointments using patient database, administration skills and patient records.

Overworked & Underpaid

Overworked, underpaid, no support after receiving patient abuse due to long waits, but caused by the hospital due to overbooking every clinic. Very stressful environment and poor support from management

sometimes boring but I have a good manager

caring manager that makes everyone feel important in their role regardless of what they do in the hospital. sometimes challenging but a rewarding environment. Some ANUM's are rude to staff and don't like to help other staff member.

Pros

food provided to staff by hospital kitchen

Cons

low pay when compared to cost of living

Good pay, but expect very little work time to time

I was working here for 2 months until they started cutting down shifts rapidly, and I was forced to get another job. The job culture is relaxed but can have many dramas. Even if there is no work to do, managers still keep you for the entire shift and expect you to find something to do.

Excellent, collaborative environment to work

Excellent, collaborative environment to work with supportive management culture working in a team environment with patient care foremost. Training is important along with health and safety.

Monash was ok. Supportive team. I enjoyed my education at Monash as I was able to learn a lot about my specialty in mental health. I was fortunate to work in crisis team.

Pros

Good lunch breaks

Cons

Poor management

Terrible work culture

Take advantage of kind nature of employees. Do not pay correct overtime/penalties. Poor education department. Blamed staff if they contracted COVID-19. Not supportive workplace.

Cons

toxic culture of bullying, overwork and permanently understaffed

The company has un comprehensive selection criteria or methods of recruitment.Hospitals can be very disorganised, poorly managed and always understaffed.The team has a culture of not helping new comers and disrespecting new workers.There is no space for discussion or positive criticism.Hospitals like Moorabin and Dandenong are the worse places in this world in all standards and levels of decency.Highly unrecommended

Pros

minimum casual rate pay

Cons

toxic culture of disrespect

Im very happy with the company i work for.

Ask management to send you the job description and learn it. Be on time and dress appropriately for the job you applying for. Be friendly and polite. Prepare the answers of the questions

Productive and fun

Good to be placed as it gives good opportunities. Would be better if there is a chance to excel to higher hierarchy. Salary packaging is satisfactory for fresher.

The interview most Security matter. Hygiene awareness at hospital ground.

Asking questions about Security officer job and specially customer service Work. Problems solving skills and. Code grey for aggressive behaviour for those in mental health section. Emergency response in department and specially in emergency department where people affected by alcok

Poor culture. Unsupportive

Overall, an unpleasant experience during my tenure. Some bullying and discrimination evident. Many staff members resigned and left. No supports or ability to complain to HR.

Professional

Typical of most hospitals the pace can be frantic you need to stay calm and adhere to ICARE Values at all times as well as obviously Nursing Standards and policies. Uniforms are provided for nurses working with patients on the wards.

Friendly atmosphere,comfortable zone

Friendly atmosphere well communicative staffs great parking facilities clean working enviorment supportive collegues great values good management Enjoyable place to work great job oppertunities good cultural background

Great place to work.

Great working at Monash Health. Management very approachable with open door policy. Ongoing learning opportunities. Fantastic work colleagues. It is a joy going to work each day.

Pros

Seeing our clients meet their goals and able to tranisition out.

Cons

Nil really

Excellent work

Work was very busy I had enemies who wanted my job and they got me to quit and got my job work was very busy sometimes the timeframe was not enough to get the work load done in the time given

productive and enjoyable

very Enjoyable place to work and good team work Supportive and collaborative work environment Ongoing training and professional development, with the flexibility of online training A competitive rate of pay Salary packaging Discounted movie tickets Flexibility - work/life balance

A challenging place to work

Monash health is a huge organisation. I work with amazing professionals and feel challenged on a daily basis. I love the team environment and have much respect for the nursing and medical staff for the extremely busy conditions they work under.

BIg Company. Professional. I fell through the cracks

All the policies and procedures were in place for the company to churn out successful new Nurse graduates. my grad teacher went on maternity leave during my whole year with no replacement to support me and my own insecurities. I left this place as it seemed better for everyone.

Very good boss, very clean and productive environment and the hours were easily facilitated with myself. The employees which i worked alongside were very dedicated and easy to work with. No issues, would recommend to anyone wanting work in the field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monash Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Monash Health with

• Monash Health
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?