Moneycorp

Moneycorp Employee Reviews

United Kingdom50 reviews

Average company to work fir

First I had to talk about myself then, I had to take a math test which was easily done. Then I was offered a job there and then. I worked for them for 2 years.

It was like being back at school

Micro managed, poor management. Treated like a child at school. Definitely not the place to work if you want to enjoy your job. No support from senior staff. Very strict. If you want to be happy dont work there

Cons

Very long hours, no support

Insights into Moneycorp

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

Not a great place to work

Too much pressure to make sales . Sales sales sales that's all it's about targets given every hour . You can't keep up with all the targets . They just want more and more

Pros

Nice staff

Cons

Long hours little money

Friendly staff

A typical day was quiet especially in recent years. The staff were multinational, which was good as you learnt some of the language. The management was rarely seen, and most feedback from them was negative. Targets were set too high, and unreachable, even though staff did put this to management, which they ignored. The best part of the job was meeting different nationalities. Staff were friendly to work with. Would I recommend Moneycorp CFX Ltd as a place to work? absolutely not.

Pros

Meeting many nationalities

Cons

Late finishes.

Salary was ridiculous

Essentially paid minimum wage to do shift-work, either 9 or 12 hours a day, starting as early as 3am and finishing as late as 11pm. I was under living wage age, so I would train new employees and they would be paid more than me from the beginning.

Retail in a hard environment

Over the years it’s become more difficult to be competitive at a airport, with the senior management determined to squeeze everything out of the business and workforce resulting in unhappy customers and over stressed staff. What was once a happy and productive team turned into a me me only culture.

Pros

Hard work and effort gets noticed

Cons

Airport

College and management

My colleges and management was brilliant and very happy to receive all support from everyone there. The work and responsibilities in balance with the pay rate was a huge difference.

Pros

Good teams.

Cons

Very low paid.

Good learning curve for a junior

I would recommend a graduate role at moneycorp as when that person moves on they will have a good idea what a slow paced old school corporate is like to work for, which should help them understand the wider picture for must UK business.

I didn't have the heart to do it!

The way how employees are motivated and whole ideology of this company is just feel WRONG. UNETHICAL! I was told that the job role will be firstly about customer service, where you can provide service beneficial for both sides. NOT IN MONEYCORP! Maybe it's just me, BUT I CAN'T JUST PROVIDE THE BEST FOR MY CLIENTS when I know they are being ripped off.

Its not a bad place to work

Moneycorp isn't a bad place to work the pay is poor 15,300 to 16,900 it's minimum wage plus commission if you can get it. Commission is based on team sales and hitting team targets not individual sales performance I myself have earned £25 in commission but lost it because the rest of the team that didn't hit their sales targets. But the sales team is amazing and I miss them all

Fun and exiting place to work

most ppl who work there are very good and funny and you learn to laugh in difficult situation. management are not strong enough but staff are fantastic.

Terrible

Just an awful environment to work in- they do not care about their employees at all and will just make people feel awful about themselves. They bare down on you so hard and do not care about the effect it is having on your mental and physical health.

Great emploees, poor management in Coventry

Micro-managed to incompacity within the Accounts team. Sales role but you basically have a script to read to ensure you hit full marks on your one to one's. This limits your actual Sales skills. No support from management who are only there to ensure you do work, no experience in the role so wouldn't know the job you're doing is actually correct. Would not recomend anyone to join unless necessary!

Hectic enviroment

Always hectic, no support from management. Staff I had worked with were nice but we were always under pressure to hit our impossible targets which in turn reflected on our bonus which wasn't any. Avoid!

Maximum expectations, minimum pay

Compare it to the salary( minimum wage) you have too much responsibilities, they are keep pushing for targets. Very early starts, or late finishes, no extra payment for Sundays and bank holidays,no proper place for having your break, and the bonus is almost never paid, because the whole terminal never hits the target. I was very disappointed. I wouldn't recommend for anyone

Would not recommend

Worked here for near on a year. If you want a job where your treated as a school kid and am bored half the time then this is the job for you. Can do lots of over time but will only pay you normal pay which then the tax man takes most of it. Say goodbye to a normal sleeping patten, social life and your weekends as they will go out the window. Ive never been in a job where management is so poor and treat their employees so poorly. No really communication with management, you air your concerns and they do absolutely nothing about it. Your collegues make the job and is the only thing that make you go in. For the responsibility and tasks given you are paid so poorly. Commission can be ok but when its quiet you get barely any. Not a career nor any real progression here.

Pros

The colleagues you work with.

Cons

Too many to list

Hard work but great people and good incentives

The shift work is hard, but once you get used to it it's OK. The people are great, made many friends from this company. The culture is good, and you can earn big cash on the incentive schemes. Some people can pick up £800-£1,000 per month if targets are hit, and even the lowest ones would be £150 - £200 per month extra. Management are good and sup[port you when you need it. Shifts are often flexible and can be swapped if you need time off.

Pros

bonus, people

Cons

early starts

Productive and fun workplace

Was really nice working there, the culture is great just low pay. The hours are longer than usual. Sometimes you have to start at 6:30 to 4 and other days are 8 to 5:30 depending on your job title.

Good start for a school leaver

Good way to gain experience for a school leaver or for someone who is at there end of working career and looking for part time work. Unsociable working hours due to working at the airport.

Pros

Gaining Experience for young people, or if your looking to keep busy after retiring, or looking for part time work

Cons

Working Early shifts

Shady practices and greed culture

A highly politics driven culture, where hard work and commitment is not recognised. Promotions/demotions/redundancies are made based on connections with Senior Management and staff who merit recognition are typically overlooked. Very few benefits offered to staff and very little flexibility to encourage work/life balance. The atmosphere in head office is very tense and sombre- a distinct feeling that staff do not enjoy coming into work. Governed by a culture of fear which forces staff to have to comply with policies. High staff turnover which causes disruption and a less than efficient day-to-day run of the business.

Pros

Absolutely none that I experienced

Cons

Shady culture, highly politics driven, high staff turnover

Une entreprise en changement constant

Grande entreprise britannique en plein essor, un bon tremplin pour d'autres opportunités.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moneycorp. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement