Monzo
Happiness score is 47 out of 100

Monzo Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom28 reviews

Fast paced environment, making an engaging product, hesitancy in certain areas to move passed the monzo way

Overall a good place to work, some hesitancy to move passed past working practices and to innovate for their workforce as well instead of becoming stagnant.

Relaxing

I really like what I'm doing. The training was very interactive and everyone is nice and friendly.Working remotely, non stop support and materials, no overtime

Pros

Health insurance

Cons

Weird schedule

Insights into Monzo

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Incredible place to work

Best job I’ve ever had. Monzo is incredibly flexible, diverse, genuine, relaxed and forward-thinking. I am listened to by my line manager and I’m trusted to get my work done without anyone checking in (even though I’m remote). I couldn’t recommend Monzo more - every single person I’ve encountered is genuinely lovely and the pay/development opportunities are excellent.

Fun place to work

Monzo is an amazing company that values the mental health of their colleagues. You will feel supported and appreciated and you will totally have fun here. Lots of fun team building activities to do.

Not a good place to work

Very poor salary with zero worklife balance. They care about their customers more than the staff.They don't take feedback for improvement of processes and policy. They claim they are hard on the problem and not on ghe people but its a lie

Good Experience

Worked remotely, great training and experience. Trainers were fun and friendly. Expected to hit targets per hour which can be demanding. Apple macbook and accessories provided.

Awful

Spend most of your time on calls when you're told it will be balanced, working almost all weekenf over ridiculous shift patterns, very woke company to work for too

On paper excellent in reality STAY CLEAR

No mention of KPI's at interview or on any paperwork. Be sure to ask them before leaving any current job. Mention of a test which had to pass that was it. You would be given a new task literally at the drop of a hat. Initially on chat to customer, then 9 weeks into training given half an hour of call training then live on phone to customers. No support from team/senior managers. Monzo bang on about offering support but then business demands mean you don't get any. Not passing your KPI's means your probation extended, continual pressure to pass even before your offered a job. Training nowhere near sufficient. No one checks your customer responses until after during random quality checks, again fail these and probation could be extended. Most enjoyable part of the job? Leaving. No work life balance. Shifts change, one day 6-3, then 11-8, 12-9, 1-10. Good luck if you want to see your family much. NEVER AGAIN. On what I saw I pity any Monzo customer's whom enter chat room, standard responses and no customer service.

Good

It's decent overall they really care about their staff, the pay is okay enough and lots of chance to progress, people are lovely and management is mostly good too, overall a very nice place to work

Overworked yet underpaid

Summary says it all. Open availability and metrics are extremely unethical. Fake care and concern for staff. Some managers and staff are very very lovely but the general culture is fake and toxic unfortunately.

Not a lot of people could say they liked their job but………..

Not a lot of people could say they liked their job but I did…..until……I moved onto nights and had a new SC Starting off at monzo yes there are targets/pressure just like in any other job but the pay was good and it was remote. I also loved my team I really didn’t mind it. I moved from customer service to a vulnerable customer department, though it was overwhelming on times it was such a rewarding job and it was something I really wanted to work up in.The team were friendly and so supportive I looked forward to starting my shift and I really couldn’t find a fault however….I then asked to move to nights on VC as not only the pay was better but the shifts were easier for me, I really liked working nights. Sadly things took a turn for the worse with what happened in my personal life, which impacted me mentally. I was always honest with my job, i wouldn’t let it impact my performance I thought I could trust people to talk to but honestly it just went downhill. Due to personal reasons I wont share as it can be triggering but I was and still am going through so much which I opened up to them, only my new SC couldn’t care less all I had was automated responses, extra pressure on targets and to be honest nothing good ever came out of her mouth. I was respectful to her gave her the benefit of the doubt as she wasn’t VC trained she just been given a Squad Captain role and she honestly seemed lovely to start with.I did try and write messages on the day slack channel just messages sending everyone a good morning things like that in hopes someone would reach out and ask how -

3 years in and still excited to go to work every day

I feel challenged yet supported everyday at work and everyone who I work with is so 'nice', which is an unusual thing to say but we hire against a set of values and these really come out in everyone.

Pros

Care of Monzonauts

Cons

Still some growing pains as a company, primary caregiver (Mat Leave) pay could be better.

Its alright

I did not mind it - you feel like you are working for a bank so that is a positive. However the work-life balance is not really there. The stats you are also expected to reach are not easily attainable.

Pros

Working remotely

Cons

Work Life Balance

Productive and nice colleagues. Diverse and fast paced environment.

Overall it was good, the interview process was good and the training was good. Nice people and a diverse community of people. Long hours and it’s hard to balance life.

Pros

Decent salary, Nice job

Cons

Bad management who will not hesitate to fire you., Feel like they’re not understanding when it comes to work balance

Fast paced

Monzo is a very busy place to work. There is also room to develop but processes are poorly defined and communication is poor.The culture and salary is good.

A great place to work

The onboarding process was great and really informative, and gave you plenty of support in learning your role. The systems are very easy to use, and there is always support available if you need it. Monzo really cares about its staff, and the job itself is pretty easy once you get the hang of everything. It can get a bit overwhelming depending on the role, however you're never on your own with it. There's regular reviews for performance and support, and you're always heard if you have an opinion or problem.

Pros

brand new macbook desk/chair budget

Cons

unsociable hours

Good to work for understanding of life

Good place to work.Progression is possible and support is there from seniors.Great equipment provided desk chair and laptop provided and free eye test

Avoid

Not many pros really, mainly working remotely and smart people.Cons:- below market salary- ageism- it isn't a diverse or inclusive environment - for instance in my team British people are higher paid and have higher ranks whereas foreigners are at the bottom - foreigners are similar with regards to experience- they do not use other people's experience, they think they can do it better at Monzo which is a time waste in re-inventing the wheel- overpromoted folks, who are really inexperienced and don't know how to manage people. Simply they micromanage you- harsh feedback, not much support- there is no feedback loop from, and better do not provide the feedback as you will be punished- not much strategy or vision- run by a bunch of clueless kids- in general avoid if you can- not much promotion opportunities, you need to work 24/7 and get burnt out for 2 years and you may be lucky to get a promotion - you are better off to find a job somewhere else. Most likely they will employ and external hire.

Fun place to work

Overall good place to work.Team work is key especially when working from home as I found this difficult as there is not much communication between teams.

Management are great and very supportive if you need help

Great place to work, you get sick days and dependency leave if your kids are sick.Company is very supportive if you do need time off and also give you lots of support if your not hitting targets.Just not that this is a very fast pasted company and you do need to work very quick.

Pros

Sick leave Dependants leave Free dinners every now and then Free swag when you join

Cons

Hours are long Very fast paced

Avoid avoid avoid

The worst decision ever was to leave my previous employer and join Monzo. Work from home was the reason I joined. While on boarding you don’t really have a full picture how the work will be organized but as soon as they push you into fire without properly train you, you realize that it is not the same as they advertised. You end up doing 1-10pm shifts every day, working almost every weekend. Also the job role was advertised as live chat and on the job interview I confirmed that it will not be a call centre job role, but you end up on calls every day for 6 hours trying to calm down banned customers. Very disappointed and disturbing as well. Be very careful if you still want to joint. Salary low for what they expect from you. Avoid because you are better than this.

Pros

Mac equipment

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monzo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement