Moody's Corporation

Working at Moody's Corporation: Latest Moody's Corporation Reviews

United Kingdom21 reviews

Sales Leader

It is a good place to work. As long as you do what you are told and you are able to achieve your target, It is a good place to work. You must look forward to work here.

Toxic

The blame culture at Moody’s is rife, you are expected to do everything as expected by the leadership in New York but these expectations are never communicated, or are often in conflict with the views of the dozens of stakeholders you need to please. Very stressful, toxic environment.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Toxic culture

Shockingly poor all round

Expect to experience lots of the following; Toxic culture Cottage industries are rife Poor leadership Commercially negligent Disengagement to be expected Blame culture Lack of collaboration from one BU/TEAMS to another

Not the right place to be in unless youre looking for first experience

Unfortunately poor management and opportunities to progress.

Collaborative culture

Good collaborative culture, very multicutural with focus on ERG's, good technology. Lack of clear communication a problem, workplace culture very collaborative.

Pros

good culture

Ok

Praca ala w oranizacji pararządowej. Słabo przygotowana do Brexitu

Pros

Wysokie zarobki

Cons

praca na zesłaniu

Associate

Moody's Analytics is still the best company that I have ever worked for. I was well rewarded for my efforts and doubled my income within 12 months. My direct line-manager is still one of the best managers that I have ever had the pleasure of working under. The only reason I left Moody's was because the hours were too demanding and my marriage was failing. Moody's helped me start up my own business and fed me clients after leaving them.

Pros

Excellent working conditions, excellent team, World travel, market exposure

Memorable

I was a temp at BVD for a few weeks doing data entry and general adhoc. Was a lovely company, great atmosphere and my manager for my short time here was very welcoming and friendly. Short lived but will remember my time here.

Pros

location, environment

Cons

pay low

Good learn

The environment is great, but the salaries are too low.. management are ok, but you can't always learn from them, the hardest part of the job the is the micromanagement from some managers.

A good place where to work

I have worked for Moody's Analytics and overall it is provides a good working environment, career progression opportunities and reasonably attractive benefits.

Multicultural with good colleagues, poor management

Multicultural environment with good colleagues who are very friendly. Management has no interest in making the company a good place to work for it's employees. Employees are treated with no respect. Management doesn't understand that in a multicultural environment employees have different cultural backgrounds and not all work in the same manner. Promotions are not based on competence. Team leaders are too preoccupied with demanding respect and with popularity within their cliques.

Pros

Colleagues

Busy and engaging

A growing company bringing daily challenges. Ability to develop yourself and learn from others. Fun atmosphere with great colleagues.

Pros

Health insurance, pension

Cons

Role is treated with low regard

Productive, team based environment

A fast paced working environment with a great team of colleagues. I was able to learn a number of new skills for the brief time i was working here.

Good work-life balance, boring job

Good work-life balance, many nice people to learn from. I havent been very lucky with my job, I thought it would be very quantitative and instead its really not. Now I am looking forward to leaving.

Cons

Job

High pressure, low rewards and could do more creatively

Lots of work, good team, supportive working environment, zero creativity. The events are interesting to work on although it's the format needs updating and could be more refreshing as conferences go.

Cons

Great opportunity to learn from peers

Moody's provides a great place to learn and talk to people with different backgrounds. It is easy to meet colleagues from different levels in order to leverage of their experience and knowledge

Pros

Very friendly environment

Cons

Slow progression

Blame culture is rife

A 'get it off your desk' mentality rather than a culture that nurtures accountability has sadly tainted my views of this company.

It was a professional yet fun environment and was conducive to work.

During the 5 days that I did work experience at Moody's Analytics, I was to arrive at 9:45 but some days I arrived earlier if I had a lot of work to be completed that day. During the 5 days as team leader I and my team analysed the data that we were given and extracted key information, then I did a lot of internet research and put the data and research into a presentation that I and my team had to present to senior members of the company. I learned that I really enjoyed the office atmosphere and I like travelling to work and the end goal is worth all the hard work I put in. I liked my co-workers, they were people I knew from school but I was not friends with, but regardless this experience brought us together and we got along very well. The hardest part of the job was around 3/4 o'clock when I started to get a bit tired because the school day ends at 3 o'clock but I had to push thorough and continue working. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in my team, the people I was with were an amazing group of people and the feeling on the last day when our task was complete and we were told we did a good job.

Pros

Free lunches, interaction with other, getting to take a stroll at lunch through Canary Wharf.

Cons

We were not allowed onto other floors so I just sat in the same place all day for 5 days.

Ok

Great to start, working with lots of smart people. Interesting projects. Global company, hence long hours - weekends inclusive. But enough flexibility

Pros

Great to start, working with lots of smart people

Cons

too much politics

Challenging work place

Whilst at Sir George Monoux we were provided the opportunity to work for companies according to our subjects. This was an extremely exciting opportunity for me to work for Moody's as a Finance Analyst. My duties included: Undertaking a project under corporate finance on syndicated loan ratings which was then investigated and analysed and required data extraction and collation of data; this highlighted an ability of analysis and solving problems. Production of information on Moody’s performance in EMEA versus their competitors Compilation of information and data necessary to create market share, competitive and positioning reports. Assisting in the compilation of the monthly sales activity report using excel functions such as macros. Filing, archiving & photocopying of invoices, statements and correspondence.

Average workplace that started out great but slowly started going south...

Moody's started out as being a place that felt almost too good to be true. To start with they made me feel like I was a star employee because I took on things that were outside of my purview. However, when it came to things I did know about and volunteered my opinion on, I was made to feel quite low. They have a hard time improving process and making intelligent management decisions. People who deserve promotions don't get them and they decide to hire external candidates instead of trusted internal employees. I'd say it's average. The co-workers are great, generally speaking. I've made some life long friendships here. There was also a fair amount of travel for my position to places like Singapore, Hong Kong and Tokyo, which was pretty great given that you travel in business class. It was later on that they scrutinized the expense report when there was nothing in the policy that you deviated from. Seemed like a lot of nit-picking after awhile.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moody's Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Moody's Corporation with

Moody's Corporation Reviews by Location

• Moody's Corporation
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?