MOORFIELDS EYE HOSPITAL NHS FOUNDATION TRUST

MOORFIELDS EYE HOSPITAL NHS FOUNDATION TRUST Employee Reviews

Long shift were hard but loved every moment. All the staff are friendly and caring they make you feel relaxed and included.You get full training and it is to a high standard. Anything you want to learn then ask and time will be set aside to help you in every aspect of the job.
Pros
Great team to work with.
Cons
Moorfields is a world leader in its feild and offers some amazing opertunities for its staff. however the work does come in vast amounts and needsto be dealt with.
Pros
NHS discounts
Cons
lower pay than private sector
Lots of learning hands-on. This where I really felt my self-esteem has been fulfilled. Being hands-on most of the activities, I can manage easily pre-assessment clinics for cataract surgery, vitrectomy, Trabeculectomy, adnexal operations. Biometry measurements using Optical IOL Master 700, coordinate the ward comprising of pre, during operation, and post-operative patients effectively.I would say I really enjoy most part of my job except the salary is not enough to meet my life requirements.
The disadvantages are non-specific NHS problems, i.e. staff shortage, overbooked clinics. The hospital itself is a great place to work, stability and security of your post are guaranteed, the management is flexible with your needs.
Pros
Central location
Cons
Busy clinics, shortage of staff
You can learn a lot working here. People are very friendly, professional and the management team are very good. It can be busy but is a very enjoyable environment.
Loads to do. Working in an environment where you have to complete analytical work. You get an understanding of different situations when dealing with different patient pathways and knowing where to look on the system to resolve them.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
can be monotonous
Team members are great to work with always willing to help you Great for a temporary role Management not so great A lot of holiday days with your contract
Pros
Nice teams