MORAY COUNCIL

MORAY COUNCIL Employee Reviews

United Kingdom45 reviews

Busy .lone working/team work

Busy skilled and ongoing learning throughout your career . Downside is the pay . Considering the workload the pay isn’t great compared with other agencies . On the plus side training is paid as is uniforms . You do have to pay your own registration fees anually .

To many chiefs, not enough indians

Will never work here again. The managers will demand you to move mountains and pay you peanuts. The majority of the works involve working with idiots.

Pros

Cons

Loads

Insights into MORAY COUNCIL

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Be underappreciated

Moray council couldn't care less about its employees and a wage which used to be competitive is now barely living wage. Granted they bend over backwards to keep you but will work you like a horse.

Pros

Job security and flexible hours

Cons

Everything else

Inspiring & fun place to be

School based, my day is quite mixed and full of challenges.Support is always on hand for any concerns or even silly questions and it’s best to ask than not know for sure.Dress code is simple but not too causal and protective wear is always available ie. cooking skills, painting or rain during playground monitoring.The most enjoyable part, is the kids. Seeing their take on the world, friends or situations, puts everything else into perspective and just makes you feel good (except if they get sad!) and so appreciative to be included in their learning.

Pros

Change of routine, staff support & an energetic place to work

Poor management

Nothing gets done until it suits them. Otherwise your left to deal with everything and nobody answers the phone. Lack of support and lone working is unfair

Pros

Wage

Cons

Non supportive

Good

I was on an employability fund with the moray council. Basically what I was doing was building fences,concreting,etc it lasted for 8 weeks until it ended

Pros

Good laugh

Good pay rates

Its been pretty pleasant for me to be honest. I think a higher rate of pay is needed for our job though. I have been employed for over a year and find training opportunities to be excellent. Plenty of opportunities. I enjoy the job because of the guys I work with. I do feel that things are changed far to regularly, if its not broken why fix it?

Honest review

The area I work within Moray Council is fantastic. There is excellent team spirit amongst fellow colleagues and support if needed from management. The Care Schedulers are very helpful and understanding. They will amend rotas if possible, for example, if not enough travel time has been given, or there has been a delay at the previous Service Users. The training given meets all requirements and the training staff are very knowledgeable. I think it would be of benefit for new starts to go out shadowing first, as many complete the 2 weeks mandatory training, then shadow another care assistant and decide the job isn’t for them. I love my job and the fact I make a difference to someone’s life and enable them to stay in their own home. The pay is competitive but as with all care agencies, it is not enough for the responsibility and tasks we carry out daily, hence the fact staff are leaving on a regular basis. It is mandatory to be registered with the SSSC and our role has come a long way from being a ‘ home help’ therefore the pay should reflect this. On the whole, Moray Council as a care provider, are an excellent employer.

Good Job Opportunity

Care at Home team in Forres is a great work environment. Colleagues are all lovely and do a fantastic job. Good training team and approachable managers. Nice community to work collaboratively with other professions.

good

a good work place with friendly colleaugues and great rate of pay. only problem I had is that I need a minimum of 16 hours and they could only offer 15

Where i work is ok do not like the idea pof hot desking as yoy dont feel you belongv

The way moray council goes staff are just a number there to do a job managers do not care about staff as long as there are no problems. They do not engage in a daily basis

Very Good to Volunteer For

I really love my job as a Volunteer Buddy for the Moray Council. I enjoy being able to make someone feel special for the short while I am with them for that week.

Bad

If you hate spending time with your family, generally don’t care , play golf and your face fits every where you go then this is the perfect job for you and if you love to get no pay for all the extra hours you will be doing paperwork at home and love paying for repairs on your car out of your own pocket, go for it, otherwise RUN, and never click on here again!!!!

Pros

Pay not bad but ridiculous for what you do

Cons

Staff in office brain dead

Bullying Culture and Corruption

There is a toxic bullying culture at Moray Council. Do not question management or you will eventually lose your job. They will find a way to get rid of you and other managers will back them up. Especially with the current budget cuts, they have a great excuse and no accountability. People are promoted because they are Yes People and they do not question authority. They do not speak up when they see others being bullied or treated unfavourably. Hence creating generations of institutionalised workers. Managers stay in posts until they retire and they harbour decades of resentment between themselves and other departments - passing this down to new employees who are soon brainwashed. New employees either leave promptly or turn in to Yes People (and the cycle continues...) Bullying is rife within Moray Council. Morale is very low. If you must work at Moray Council, join a Union and ensure you have protection. There is a blame culture and it feels like a popularity contest working there - think High School, but with adults. Good luck.

Pros

Flexi, holiday buyback, pension

Cons

Management, corruption, no foward thinking

Moray

Good place to work but moral Is low. most teams are not working well together and unwelcoming to new staff. management are good and supportive Flexi system is very good and works well

Pros

flexi system

Cons

moral is low in teams

Fun and productive workplace

I have found this website very useful and very informative. There are many job opportunities on this website which is fantastic. I really do hope I get an opportunity of a job from here

Pros

Full time

Cons

Not enough hours/pay

Friendly Staff and a great environment

I found Moray council to be a fantastic place to work, from the day to day work load and expectations, management and work environment. I would go back there in a heart beat!

Pros

fantastic people

Fun

Friendly environment with good support from management at all times. Friendly staff who are always willing to help out. Wage was higher than averagex

Overall it was a good job that paid well.

I assisted with the daily refuse collections, recycling and all other day to day duties including yard work. This role involved working in a team and also using my own initiative to work alone.

Pros

Good money, good work crew

Cons

Working in the winter but it had to be done!

Moray Council

Working as subcontacted electrician for the Moray Council. Main task was the upgrade of the council headquarters in Elgin. This included complete upgrade of power, lighting and new data cabling throughout the whole building. When needed i was also out working with the housing department which involved complete house re-wires to wiring upgrades and shower adaptions for people with disabilities. I was able to consolidate existing skills. The managers were very easy to work with and very helpful. There was a good camaraderie amongst the workforce. The most enjoyable part of the job was the variety of work involved.

care in the community

great girls/guys on teams. built strong trusting relationships with multi agency staff, other carers and service users. Would recommend anyone with great communication skills and naturally caring to try this job role.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MORAY COUNCIL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare MORAY COUNCIL with

• MORAY COUNCIL
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?