MORAY COUNCIL

MORAY COUNCIL Employee Reviews

Its been pretty pleasant for me to be honest. I think a higher rate of pay is needed for our job though. I have been employed for over a year and find training opportunities to be excellent. Plenty of opportunities. I enjoy the job because of the guys I work with. I do feel that things are changed far to regularly, if its not broken why fix it?
Nothing gets done until it suits them. Otherwise your left to deal with everything and nobody answers the phone. Lack of support and lone working is unfair
Pros
Wage
Cons
Non supportive
I was on an employability fund with the moray council. Basically what I was doing was building fences,concreting,etc it lasted for 8 weeks until it ended
Pros
Good laugh
Cons
The area I work within Moray Council is fantastic. There is excellent team spirit amongst fellow colleagues and support if needed from management. The Care Schedulers are very helpful and understanding. They will amend rotas if possible, for example, if not enough travel time has been given, or there has been a delay at the previous Service Users. The training given meets all requirements and the training staff are very knowledgeable. I think it would be of benefit for new starts to go out shadowing first, as many complete the 2 weeks mandatory training, then shadow another care assistant and decide the job isn’t for them. I love my job and the fact I make a difference to someone’s life and enable them to stay in their own home. The pay is competitive but as with all care agencies, it is not enough for the responsibility and tasks we carry out daily, hence the fact staff are leaving on a regular basis. It is mandatory to be registered with the SSSC and our role has come a long way from being a ‘ home help’ therefore the pay should reflect this. On the whole, Moray Council as a care provider, are an excellent employer.
Care at Home team in Forres is a great work environment. Colleagues are all lovely and do a fantastic job. Good training team and approachable managers. Nice community to work collaboratively with other professions.
a good work place with friendly colleaugues and great rate of pay. only problem I had is that I need a minimum of 16 hours and they could only offer 15
The way moray council goes staff are just a number there to do a job managers do not care about staff as long as there are no problems. They do not engage in a daily basis
I really love my job as a Volunteer Buddy for the Moray Council. I enjoy being able to make someone feel special for the short while I am with them for that week.
If you hate spending time with your family, generally don’t care , play golf and your face fits every where you go then this is the perfect job for you and if you love to get no pay for all the extra hours you will be doing paperwork at home and love paying for repairs on your car out of your own pocket, go for it, otherwise RUN, and never click on here again!!!!
Pros
Pay not bad but ridiculous for what you do
Cons
Staff in office brain dead
There is a toxic bullying culture at Moray Council. Do not question management or you will eventually lose your job. They will find a way to get rid of you and other managers will back them up. Especially with the current budget cuts, they have a great excuse and no accountability. People are promoted because they are Yes People and they do not question authority. They do not speak up when they see others being bullied or treated unfavourably. Hence creating generations of institutionalised workers. Managers stay in posts until they retire and they harbour decades of resentment between themselves and other departments - passing this down to new employees who are soon brainwashed. New employees either leave promptly or turn in to Yes People (and the cycle continues...) Bullying is rife within Moray Council. Morale is very low. If you must work at Moray Council, join a Union and ensure you have protection. There is a blame culture and it feels like a popularity contest working there - think High School, but with adults. Good luck.
Pros
Flexi, holiday buyback, pension
Cons
Management, corruption, no foward thinking
Good place to work but moral Is low. most teams are not working well together and unwelcoming to new staff. management are good and supportive Flexi system is very good and works well
Pros
flexi system
Cons
moral is low in teams
I have found this website very useful and very informative. There are many job opportunities on this website which is fantastic. I really do hope I get an opportunity of a job from here
Pros
Full time
Cons
Not enough hours/pay
I found Moray council to be a fantastic place to work, from the day to day work load and expectations, management and work environment. I would go back there in a heart beat!
Pros
fantastic people
Cons
Friendly environment with good support from management at all times. Friendly staff who are always willing to help out. Wage was higher than averagex
I assisted with the daily refuse collections, recycling and all other day to day duties including yard work. This role involved working in a team and also using my own initiative to work alone.
Pros
Good money, good work crew
Cons
Working in the winter but it had to be done!
Working as subcontacted electrician for the Moray Council. Main task was the upgrade of the council headquarters in Elgin. This included complete upgrade of power, lighting and new data cabling throughout the whole building. When needed i was also out working with the housing department which involved complete house re-wires to wiring upgrades and shower adaptions for people with disabilities. I was able to consolidate existing skills. The managers were very easy to work with and very helpful. There was a good camaraderie amongst the workforce. The most enjoyable part of the job was the variety of work involved.
great girls/guys on teams. built strong trusting relationships with multi agency staff, other carers and service users. Would recommend anyone with great communication skills and naturally caring to try this job role.
Iv tryed getting a job with this company i never got replies back from them i think its a disguise i work with them i go bk for more work got fefused not good
The hardest part of the job is dealing with benefit fraud investigations. Generally, when people get found out doing something they are not supposed to be doing, they get aggressive and violent.
great job lovely staff learned lots of different expierances in the job worked most of the time on my own there was no hard part in this job loved very minute I worked there
Typical day = your job and someone else's because of budget cuts What you learn = the council has good benefits, but because of budget cuts you don;t get to take advantage of them Management = very poor, becoming more capitalist and devoid of care, becoming more like the private sector. Co-workers = stressed and over-worked Hardest part of the job = extreme pressure
Benefits
Cons
Budget cuts, too much pressure, poor maagement
  1. Employee reviews