Morgan Sindall plc

Morgan Sindall plc Employee Reviews

Joined and after 2 weeks my role and working hours immediately changed.Management take no responsibility and pass the blame.No guidance provided and dropped into the role
Pros
decent salary
Cons
Long hours, toxic environment
Check your contract in the subclause. Push you to the breaking point, will force you to do jobs you don't want to do without paying you. No structure in the firm. Great colleagues, will help you out however office staff e.g. Supervisor and up will try to do you over. Money advertised for more, but you will get less, put on three months probation where they can abuse you from lack of security in the firm. Bad company do not apply unless desperate.
Cons
Long hours, no balance, bad structure
Having worked with Morgan Sindall across various business units for over a decade I was regularly expected to do the job above my grade for over a year before being considered for promotion. In addition my renumeration was lower than my peers, a result of loyalty to the company meaning management thought I would not move on. Following an unsuccessful request for my renumerarion package to be reviewed I resigned and was immediately offered a substantial raise however my decision was made. Reflective of very poor leadership.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Indecisive senior management and poor renumeration.
You’d be better off claiming the rock n roll than work for these unorganised cowboys. Rubbish management and teenage engineers who couldn’t measure to the tip of their own noses.
Pros
Nothing really... going home at the end of a shift?
Cons
Working for Morgan Sindall
Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Morgan Sindall plc where great !CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Morgan Sindall plc is top of the line
I have never been happy as I was at Morgan Sindall. It was so fine. All managers were good with me. I was working happily. I hope I will work for the Morgan Sindall Plc. again permanently.
Dropped in to a role with no training on the systems and just expected to know what to do. When you question this you are told it is expected of your position and looked down upon.
Pros
Cons
Attitude towards staff. Very clicky if your face fits you will do fine.
Had on site interview, which was informal, as I has already been told I had he job. Since starting, I have been sent on various courses, all of which I asked for. My management team have been very supportive,and always on hand if I need help. Job can be stressful and challenging at times, but that's part of the fun for me.
Pros
Good management team on hand.
Cons
Contractors acting like children.
As a women getting into construction I faced no difficulties working on this site. Colleagues were respectful and we all worked really well as a team. I really enjoyed this contract.
Hello it was great to work here, because It was offered the data entry position via build recruitment agency, so therefore there was no interview before hand but an on site interview.Regards Sahar
This company paid an ok wage and were on time with wage payments, plenty of overtime was available, varied work was available and it was clear what was expected of you.
Pros
plenty of overtime
manager was great to be around and down to earth and always helped if anything needed to be address or changed. the team i had were really nice people and learned a lot from their experiences.
Pros
good money
Cons
contract
Good place to work. Good colleagues and management. Good company benefits and the opportunity to work with colleagues from different offices, backgrounds and group companies
My daily work schedule was both busy and rewarding, my colleagues and manager were conscientious and work focused but also approachable and willing to discuss any work issues, and the company ethos was excellent. Morgan Sindall are a great company and I was very sorry to be made redundant.
Initial salaries are very good. However, there is a very high attrition rate at all levels of management. Due to this progression and pay reviews aren't possible as there isn't anyone there with enough knowledge of you to action them. Culture is very friendly and collaborative, however, will be expected to work well outside of the pre-set 9-5.
Pros
Starting salary
Cons
If you survive over 2 years you're considered a veteran
Unfortunately they are sometimes to "busy" to be able to follow through with what is said at Interview. They dont tell you all that is involved or what is expected of you!
Was a lovely place and company to work for ,the people we’re lovely too,just a shame they closed the Barnstaple office down and moved everything to the Plymouth office ,
Had an amazing opportunity to work for this company, learned a lot, gained lots of new skills and have great management, worked with lovely team, enjoyed every single day at work
I arrived at the wrong time of year to get a true reflection of the company. I attended work experience to sum up; Company great, would love to work there.
Top employer with a great management team, open, inclusive and professional culture, no one is more important. They live their values, they are progressive, they value their staff and in turn earn the respect of staff.
Kind people, and professional, I was happy to work with them. To be safety and quality is the most important thing! I'm so proud to get job with them.
  1. Employee reviews