Morgan Stanley

United Kingdom172 reviews

Found 172 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,766 reviews
morganbankroleculturebalancelongteamprofessional

Interesting and Flexible

Good workplace environment with plenty of social opportunities outside of work time.Two days never the same which keeps the job fresh and interesting.

Brilliant place to work

Best place to work in the last 15 years! 😊. Great culture and approach to work - 5 star experience!! Work environment second to none. Surrounded by real professionals who really care about what they do.

Insights into Morgan Stanley

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues

Good work culture with lots of opportunities to learn. Relaxed work

I'm only working here for 10 weeks as part of an internship but I've enjoyed things like volunteering and constant learning (these taking place during work hours). There's no formal expectation to be in office every day or be working between set hours as long as you get the work done. From what I can tell, most managers are fairly flexible in terms of both workload and helping you find what you want to focus on in a project.

Tough enviroment

When I worked here, was extremely full on as a PA and you definitely got landed with work last minute and late in the day with total disregard of the fact you're an assistant and should be able to leave at a reasonable time (this was pre-Covid). Lots of people leave because the culture is quite hierarchal and exclusionary.

Temporary Positions in Operations

Good if you're permanent member, If you are a temporary worker like me then lower expectations, expect favoritism and less opportunities and less guidance. The pay is okay for being temp through resource solutions . Some people have been made permanent at the end of their temp contracts, For me I have been given an "I don't know " for every time I ask about becoming permanent, it is a very technical jobs nd you learn on the job. Every day there will be something new to learn. and if you are lucky someone will take time to teach you. If you apply aim for permanent positions as temporary staff get treated with negligence

Pros

Good exposure, looks good on cv, Good atmophere and work culture

Cons

Long unpaid over time

Very good management and a good place to progress

I enjoyed every second working at MS. They have a fab culture and ensure that you feel comfortable whilst working. Lovely office to work from too with loads of benefits.

Pros

Good Pay, Lovely Team

Cons

Not much

Summer Finance

Great opportunity, you are supported well through the process and the recruitment team keep you well informed of your progression, and take care of interns.

Not mental health friendly but good name for CV

It’s a shame because I was really excited when I got the job offer, now being at the department for a few months I cannot believe how Morgan Stanley at Glasgow is run. It’s super stressful all the time and there is nobody there that can help you because everyone is so busy trying to fit 11 working hours to their day.You are essentially working for minimum wage until you work yourself up because overtime is not paid and it is expected of employees to stay later than intended.You have an hour lunch break but 95% of the employees do not take the hour because they have that much work to do, it’s truly ridiculous.I recommend working there for at least 6 months before jumping ship.

Pros

Small gym Nice office

Cons

Canteen Starbucks inside NO WORKLIFE BALANCE Working from home is a nightmare

Encouraged to build skills

Fast-paced work environment, a bit on the rigid side. Interesting cross-continental teams structure. Pay in Operations not that great. Overall good to have on your CV, opens new doors.

Pros

Interesting work

Cons

Pay

Just a rubbish atmosphere. They have an awkward working culture where people speak over each other in all meetings, poor management. Everyone tries to act smart and cutting edges for others. Waste of time to spend at unfriendly environment

Pros

Cons

They have an awkward working culture where people speak over each other in all meetings, Poor management, Everyone tries to act smart and cutting edges for others, Waste of time to spend at unfriendly environment.

Very Stressful place and cliquey place

Worked here for about 17 months at Finance Collateral in London Operations. 11 hour working days. Close to impossible to give yourself an hour lunch break as the works too much for one person. Very cliquey place. Perhaps my experience would have been better if I’d worked for a decent manager . In all my career years, I’ve never worked for such an inefficient and disrespectful place. I still have nightmares about it and courage to leave such toxic environment was the best decision.

Pros

Old glory in name MS

Fantastic place to work

Worked here as a contractor. Ms is by far the best organisation I havd worked for. Work.. Life balance is next to known. Management is very good. The job was easy and enjoyable. No complaiints

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

worked for some nice people culture was great. had great traing and worked with some great EA's. everyone worked as a team it was friendly environment to work in.

Pros

Nice culture

Great culture Good work-life balance Rewarding pay Great management No day was the same Opportunities to grow Great training programs Fair treatment

Loved the buildings, loved Docklands, what a backward set of management!

The world's largest and possibly the most successful Bank; yet they employ flawed management that can't spell and seem to take delight in wasting company money. Ooops inappropriate language alert - Where exactly?

Pros

I was my own man left to build a system of control that saved money - loved it.

Cons

The uneducated management wasting company money

Probably the best company I have ever worked for!

As a contractor I was at Morgan Stanley for 18 months and hand on heart can say that it is the best company I have ever worked for! Ts ethics for treating its staff with politeness and dignity is a lesson to all other companies! I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and would work there again in an instant without hesitation!!

Pros

Civility

Stay away

CONS Poor office culture Poor management no sense of direction only one priority to get the work done Management often having a arguments on floor which have a demoralising effects on the team late stay culture often 2 -3 hours is a norm and dont expect to get paid for the overtime and if you leave on time you have to bear face expressions of the team members incl management No work life balance. you will be felt used not encouraged my worse job experience Pros New office Gym Cafe But you will only enjoy these facilities if you have a time if you're constant under pressure no use

Cons

No work life balance

fast paced place to work with varied tasks within the role

i was responsible for reviewing and overseeing 5 emails boxes to deal with any requests on a daily basis clearing of any crs tasks updating MI for MI Management updating excel spreadsheets and tracking validation requests

unprofessional

Overall I did not enjoy working for Morgan Stanley, main reason being that no one worked as a team but rather against each other, always looking for ways how to throw a colleague under a bus and hiding their own mistakes. Very toxic work environment and unprofessional colleagues. No work/life balance.

Was an incredible experience to take part in their insight days.

Insight Day 2018 - got the chance to learn about women in the workplace and had access to high ranking women who had great experience and knowledge from their fields

Very competitive but have very good leaders helping you to find your way.

Flexible hours, but sometimes very long hours in order to meet business needs. Very good leaders / managers helping you to show your best performance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Stanley. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement