Morgan Stanley

Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews

i was responsible for reviewing and overseeing 5 emails boxes to deal with any requests on a daily basis clearing of any crs tasks updating MI for MI Management updating excel spreadsheets and tracking validation requests
The world's largest and possibly the most successful Bank; yet they employ flawed management that can't spell and seem to take delight in wasting company money. Ooops inappropriate language alert - Where exactly?
Pros
I was my own man left to build a system of control that saved money - loved it.
Cons
The uneducated management wasting company money
As a contractor I was at Morgan Stanley for 18 months and hand on heart can say that it is the best company I have ever worked for! Ts ethics for treating its staff with politeness and dignity is a lesson to all other companies! I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and would work there again in an instant without hesitation!!
Pros
Civility
Cons
CONS Poor office culture Poor management no sense of direction only one priority to get the work done Management often having a arguments on floor which have a demoralising effects on the team late stay culture often 2 -3 hours is a norm and dont expect to get paid for the overtime and if you leave on time you have to bear face expressions of the team members incl management No work life balance. you will be felt used not encouraged my worse job experience Pros New office Gym Cafe But you will only enjoy these facilities if you have a time if you're constant under pressure no use
Cons
No work life balance
Overall I did not enjoy working for Morgan Stanley, main reason being that no one worked as a team but rather against each other, always looking for ways how to throw a colleague under a bus and hiding their own mistakes. Very toxic work environment and unprofessional colleagues. No work/life balance.
Insight Day 2018 - got the chance to learn about women in the workplace and had access to high ranking women who had great experience and knowledge from their fields
Flexible hours, but sometimes very long hours in order to meet business needs. Very good leaders / managers helping you to show your best performance.
I have had the chance to grow up a lot at Morgan Stanley, both professionally and personally. It was my very first office job and I have learnt a lot.
Difficult culture Staff who are based in other locations than the NYC HQ are treated as inferiors Much work is outsourced to a shared service centre in Eastern Europe - staff not trained well
Morgan Stanley is a great place to work with good work life balance. Very talented individuals , from whom I have learnt a lot. Would recommend this organisation as a place to work and grow.
Great staff who were all very welcoming. Management were friendly and good team leaders. The offices are really nice however its a competitive work place.
I really enjoyed my two year assignment at Morgan Stanley. As you would expect from such a large bank, they were very well organised yet had a collaborative approach to management. Everyone I networked with was an expert in their field and the synergies were very apparent so I felt I got at least as much as I gave.
As a very communicative person I found Morgan Stanley to be very bad at communication particularly in person. Most communication was via email. It would have been much better to have at least a little bit more one on one contact.
Good location, good work environment, great teams.
It's an ok place to work, but management are a bit chaotic and stuck in their ways. Could do with a refresh and also could do with giving more opportunities for advancement
Working at Morgan Stanley is a challenge - but one people can rise to if they are self-driven. With the majority of the support and back office IT outsourced, you are continually working with individuals that are less than happy with their MSP employer, but enjoy the MS environment and their colleagues. Up to the time I was recently made redundant, I would have have recommended working here - but job security for IT at MS is in flux at the moment. I hope they steady the ship, as it was a pleasure working the my colleagues there.
Morgan Stanley is an amazing company to work with. Great team in Canary wharf, excellent work - life balance and benefits. Great location, free gym, long but flexible hours
Pros
Free gym, flexible hours, good pay and well respected by management
Cons
I did not work for Morgan Stanley directly, i worked for Capita. This was a horrible place to work, managers were not professional. Only saving grace was the people who were fun and diverse.
Working at MS provides for a lot a benefits such as high salary and career advancement. There are also downsides such as crazy work hours and needing to be on call 24/7.
The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog's back. Now is the time for all good men to come to the help of the country. All is well that ends well. Thanks.
There are opportunities to grow and move to different departments, offices are nice, good location in Canary Wharf. I would definitely work here again.
  1. Employee reviews